Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #76
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post

BTW- Someone make sure to take a sombrero and maracha's to the tequilla tasting for Senor LOL
Hee hee hee! I hope someone gets pics!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #77
Fastpaks
Living the Dream, One Image at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Hee hee hee! I hope someone gets pics!!!
LOL I would totally wear it too! I have to go to my parents house to see if they have my old Taco Bell Cha Wa Wa's, b/c I need a mini-me pet. (I love that movie.)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #78
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpaks View Post
LOL I would totally wear it too! I have to go to my parents house to see if they have my old Taco Bell Cha Wa Wa's, b/c I need a mini-me pet. (I love that movie.)
LMAO I swear we still have one of those. It's a Christmas one that says "Feliz Navidad amigos!" when you squeeze its' butt!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 10-22-2010, 12:11 AM   #79
Fastpaks

SO confused?

July

Back when I told you that we normally get a little bit of over time. On a normal year, work would allow us to get a couple hours here and there. I got a call about half way through the month of July. It was a my boss saying he may need me for a few days. This would turn into about 2 straight months of 55+ hours a week. To make this a little more interesting, it would be in 98 or higher with the full brunt of humidity behind it. This would be the longest I have ever worked for OT in my entire career without a break. It wouldn't be so bad if I got a full 8 or 7 or 6 hours of sleep but the routine of going to work, coming home then trying to get some zzzzz, just didn't happen all that well, especially since I had to take my kid to school in a few short hours after I did fall asleep.

I would try my best to sleep, but you know how you can get exhausted, SO exhausted that you just can't anymore. Many times, I would toss and turn and be thinking about ... no its not .. *sigh*.... it is Disney World/cruise. I would start to think about the kid.. how in the world could I let him know what we are doing and where we are going.

He knew about the cruise, but he still didn't really know about the Disney World part. After talking over with it with my better half, we decided that it would be best to tell him that we are going to Disney World too. Why not keep it a surprise? That was actually the easier part of the decision. Since DS had never been to WdW or DCL, he had no reference from what was what. This could potentially be a HUGE problem in the future. Besides, I can ALWAYS make it a surprise later...

So the day came to tell him about it. We called him into our bedroom and said, "So, you know that we are going on vacation."

To which he responded, "yes, the cruise."

Then we laughed and said, "what if we told you there was more?" He was very curious to what we had to say but not exactly enthused. We proceeded to tell about how when we met Buzz and Woody that he too could have that experience that we did at Disney World! Excitement is building right?... waaaaaait for it.... waaaaaaaait fooooor it!

Crickets!!!

"So you mean on the cruise?" was his response.

I would have to devise a plan to help him out. For the time being, we would watch the D* travel planner for the world. To which, he quickly got bored and was ready to watch the DCL one instead. If you can't beat them, then join them.

And then another offer at some pixie dust.

Last edited by Fastpaks; 11-19-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Fastpaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #80
Fastpaks

Invitations and Sometimes I'll take the screams!

Aug

It was my son's birthday this month. He was turning the lucky 7s! I was still working tons of overtime. His birthday was a little laid back. We needed every available dollar to go to the cruise. We made the usual mistakes with money that has been happing. Spend too much here, a little there. Next thing we know the house is due and we are being very careful about how we spend our cash. The hour finally caught up to me and on my nephews birthday (4 days after my son), I basically collapsed. I slept for about 20 hours on a Saturday then repeated the process Sunday. It was horrible! My family had a killer spread of food and all I could think about is sleep and this trip better be worth it. (My body was invaded by Scrooge himself. I swear!)

I had been toying with and idea of HOW to get my kid to understand that there are 2 different trips on this vacation. I asked a friend from Florida for a favor. He was a college kid, but I assumed he would eventually come through. I simply asked if he could send me a postcard with Mickey or the Castle on it and it simply says ,"your invited to my house before the cruise." He told me he would but never got back to me about it. We sent a few text messages about it, but it just never worked itself out.

So I knew I would have to do something about it, but I just didn't know what. Now, as silly as this may seem, I really didn't want to bring my situation to the DIS. Why? I figured if this magic, I could make it on my own with out any help. I wasn't expecting anything so why should someone help out?

My Dis group had been a pretty cool bunch. After getting involved here and there, not to mention always being a lurker in the boards, I decided to ask one of them for a little bit of help. For some reason, I felt I was being a little bit obtrusive. Mostly because this person was already having a pretty heavy "workload" with our board. I sent nenner1 Pm and fairly quickly got a response. She was totally down and ready to help out. However, she couldn't locate a postcard that I was looking for.. after a few more PMs, she figured something out with Mickey and Minnie.

I then told him that he is also going to WdW which is totally different than the cruise. When he asked where it was, I simply told him it was at Mickey's house. In order for him to go he would need the invite.

A few weeks would go by and then Nenner told me it was on its way. I knew about what day it would get there and told my wife to "look out" for it. She called me and asked if we should give it to him (a couple days before his birthday iirc). I told to put him on the phone and then I explain that mom found something in the mail addressed to him.

"What is it?" he asked. Then all I heard was screaming.

She then then read him the note : (sorry about blurry photo)

He was in disbelief! I could tell the excitement was finally there. I told him that we could do a new calendar countdown for the trip. Which he excitely agreed too.

Now one more thing about this note. My son had just started 1st grade. He was learning penmanship. To which he said, mom and dad... I would like to write Mickey back!! We were a little shocked but were curious about his little mindful thoughts. I would like to write:

Dear Mickey,
I will come to your house, but first we need to work on your writing. This is NOT how we do it at school.

Sincerely,

(his name)

I live for these moments!

A friend from California wanted me to know about another offer for pixie dust.

Last edited by Fastpaks; 11-19-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:03 AM   #81
Fastpaks

The Calendar

I told you about the calendar I promised my son. After promising and promising, we finally got all the materials and got one done. This is what it looks like incomplete.

And completely finished. A lot better looking than the Door of 1000's Mickey heads.

We did this in the month of Sept. While we were walking around getting supplies at Walmart, he said out of no where, "Dad, I would like to get Mickey something for inviting me to his house." I was floored. It had been a few weeks and he still remembered. So as we were looking in the Birthday isle for stickers, he found a pin with a ribbon. (the one you seen in the corner of the calendar.) He told me he would give that to Mickey for the invite. What was a Dad to say but yes!

The same person from California brought up the magic again and asked me if I was interested. I didn't know what to say.... I will leave it as this for now. When I get back from my vacation, I let you know if this supposed magic or pixie dust took place. If it does, I can tell you that it was in Oct it was suggested and I was floored. Especially, since I didn't ask for it.

A few notes before the trip:

I look forward to having a great time with the folks I already ahve had the pleasure of talking to on the Dis.

We are NOT going to MnSsHp. After weighing out the cost of tickets and the party we chose the tickets and Sea World. It fit the budget better and I was given a pretty good deal.

There is a huge Dis outing planned in Cozumel in one of the smallest places.

I still can't stand Halloween! Sorry, I just can't.

This PTR is over with b/c I have a ton to pack and should be in bed at this moment.

Last but not least, (I'm so rushing this part) our first stop is NOT Worlds of any kind but

Metropolis (yeah that's Superman's place)

See you real soon!

Awe man.... now you all have me saying it!

Last edited by Fastpaks; 11-19-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:18 AM   #82
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

Hope you have an awesome vacation!!
Old 10-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #83
nenner1

Quote:
Aug
[color=blue]
For some reason, I felt I was being a little bit obtrusive. Mostly because this person was already having a pretty heavy "workload" with our board.
It was my pleasure! Don't think twice about it! Besides "busy" back then and "busy" now are no comparison!

Quote:
"What is it?" he asked. Then all I heard was screaming.
She then then read him the note :

He was in disbelief! I could tell the excitement was finally there.

Now one more thing about this note. My son had just started 1st grade. He was learning penmanship. To which he said, mom and dad... I would like to write Mickey back!! We were a little shocked but were curious about his little mindful thoughts. I would like to write:

Dear Mickey,
I will come to your house, but first we need to work on your writing. This is NOT how we do it at school.

Sincerely,

(his name)

I live for these moments!

OMG! I love it! That is hilarious!!!! Mickey actually practiced too, BTW! ()

Quote:
I told you about the calendar I promised my son. After promising and promising, we finally got all the materials and got one done. This is what it looks like incomplete.

It's great! Can you believe you are on the white #1 Mickeyhead ALREADY?!?!?

Quote:
A few notes before the trip:

I look forward to having a great time with the folks I already ahve had the pleasure of talking to on the Dis.
It's going to be a blast!

Quote:
We are NOT going to MnSsHp. After weighing out the cost of tickets and the party we chose the tickets and Sea World. It fit the budget better and I was given a pretty good deal.
Sea World is great. And I heard on the Dis Unplugged they are doing Spooktacular (I know you listen so I'm sure you are aware), it's similar to MNSSHP with Trick -or -treating and the best thing is that it isn't a separate hard ticket event!

Quote:
There is a huge Dis outing planned in Cozumel in one of the smallest places.

I'm really loooking forward to that......WE ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD...bwahahaha~

Quote:
I still can't stand Halloween! Sorry, I just can't.
Like your title says, We'll see how you feel when all is said and done!

Quote:
This PTR is over with b/c I have a ton to pack and should be in bed at this moment.

Last but not least, (I'm so rushing this part) our first stop is NOT Worlds of any kind but

Metropolis (yeah that's Superman's place)

See you real soon!

Awe man.... now you all have me saying it!
Have a safe trip down, and enjoy your week! We'll see you hopefully Friday or if not Saturday!

Old 10-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #84
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

woohooo have fun, cant wait to read all about it!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #85
mrp4352
DIS Veteran

I hope you're having a wonderful time!!!

Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
mrp4352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #86
Fastpaks

We are BACK! Quick thoughts.

We are back. The family got back into to town from St Louis last night about 7 pm. SO many things to tell. We learned a lot about cruising on our first trip. The Dismeets can really make it a ton of fun. Overall, it was a great experience. DCL is in transition with all of its crew to the Dream. Rumors are true that there are some issues. I look forward to telling everyone the whole story from lost paperwork, special meets, 5star hotels, MnSsHp (yes I know I said I wouldn't go!), Hotel Hell, killer foods, Killer FOOD, crying going home and Much Much more!!! I have become a Disfan and yes a Disney one too, EVEN AFTER A MAJOR MISTAKE by some of the staff. More on that a lot later. I haven't decided how I'm going to post the WdW and DCL parts of the trip. I'm still going through about 1200 photos. Lots of food pics including... whoa.. I'm getting ahead of myself!! You'll just have to read and see.

Happy readings!!
Old 11-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #87
nenner1

Quote:
We are back. The family got back into to town from St Louis last night about 7 pm. SO many things to tell. We learned a lot about cruising on our first trip. The Dismeets can really make it a ton of fun. Overall, it was a great experience. DCL is in transition with all of its crew to the Dream. Rumors are true that there are some issues. I look forward to telling everyone the whole story from lost paperwork, special meets, 5star hotels, MnSsHp (yes I know I said I wouldn't go!), Hotel Hell, killer foods, Killer FOOD, crying going home and Much Much more!!! I have become a Disfan and yes a Disney one too, EVEN AFTER A MAJOR MISTAKE by some of the staff. More on that a lot later. I haven't decided how I'm going to post the WdW and DCL parts of the trip. I'm still going through about 1200 photos. Lots of food pics including... whoa.. I'm getting ahead of myself!! You'll just have to read and see.

Happy readings!!
Just 1200 pics? You must have slowed down a lot at the end. We ended up with somewhere between 2300 and 3000 but I'm not adding up all the folders right now! LOL!

So did I hear all of it already or are there more stories to tell?!?!

If you do split between the WDW and DCL TR boards please linky! Thankx!

Old 11-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #88
Fastpaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Just 1200 pics? You must have slowed down a lot at the end. We ended up with somewhere between 2300 and 3000 but I'm not adding up all the folders right now! LOL!

So did I hear all of it already or are there more stories to tell?!?!

If you do split between the WDW and DCL TR boards please linky! Thankx!

Well, If I had one of them fancy smancy cameras I would probably took A LOT more. Also when you saw us in GC, I'm eternally grateful that you had some extra batteries. When we lost our case with our batteries inside, I thought the trip was going to come to a screechy halt with the camera. I think we went through about 2 dozen. We actually had just enough for the trip minimally. Now, if there is a next time, I'll have a better camera and ALL bets are off. Santa, we need you on this!?

Sorry about talking to you about all the drama .. hahaha I tend to get animated and chaty sometimes.

And yes there will be links a plenty. After talking to podsnel I think I'll post on both, but its getting hard to remember all of it! So back to writing it down!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #89
verygfy
DIS Veteran

just got all caught up, amazing PTR and can't wait to read all about your trip!! Yes please if you are going to do a TR on WDW boards, please do a link over this way...
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #90
nenner1

Quote:
Well, If I had one of them fancy smancy cameras I would probably took A LOT more. Also when you saw us in GC, I'm eternally grateful that you had some extra batteries. When we lost our case with our batteries inside, I thought the trip was going to come to a screechy halt with the camera. I think we went through about 2 dozen. We actually had just enough for the trip minimally. Now, if there is a next time, I'll have a better camera and ALL bets are off. Santa, we need you on this!?

Sorry about talking to you about all the drama .. hahaha I tend to get animated and chaty sometimes.

And yes there will be links a plenty. After talking to podsnel I think I'll post on both, but its getting hard to remember all of it! So back to writing it down!
Oh you guys are so welcome, glad I was able to help! Batteries became quite the situation with us too- we bought 2 more packs of those $15 rechargeables- one set on CC as soon as we arrived and less than an hour later they were out of charge! I took my camera and showed the CM how it was on low battery warning already and I had only taken 40 pics. The package says 400. LOL. They had no problem refunding those and I just bought the regular Ray-o-Vacs which held out for the rest of CC, we finally found our spare pack in the kids room the last night!

Oh I am always up for a good story....I'm just sorry you guys had to go through the crap to get the payoff. But I won't get the cart in front of the horse!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: