Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #31
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Well.....the prodigal daughter returns home!!!

HEY GUYS!!!

I was booked on your cruise and had to cancel due to the ecnomy.

But have one coming up in July!

Cant wait to read more!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #32
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post

HEY GUYS!!!

Cant wait to read more!
Hi Lynn!!!!! How are you? Lucky you cruising in July!!!!
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #33
Fastpaks
Living the Dream, One Image at a time!

I'm curious. I have never had a vacation that is going to be this long (hint: it will be more than 7 days). Am I the only person that thinks about it all day long, 24/7?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #34
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hi! I'm on this cruise, too!! All I think about is vacation- so, I guess you're not alone obsessing over this one! We had the time of our lives on the last one. It will make a believer out of you, I just KNOW it!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #35
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post

HEY GUYS!!!

Cant wait to read more!
Wow Lynn, that is sooooo close! Can't WAIT to hear how much fun you guys have!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpaks View Post
I'm curious. I have never had a vacation that is going to be this long (hint: it will be more than 7 days). Am I the only person that thinks about it all day long, 24/7?
errr....ahhhh....no!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #36
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Definitely not. I am completely obsessed with thinking about it. There, I've said it. Admitting I have a problem is half the battle!
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #37
Fastpaks

A Guys survival guide to 10 months and counting...

We are set! Ready to go! In fact, now that I KNOW that we are going. NOTHING will be in our way. After thinking about this, I began to pack up my luggage and begin to wait.... and wait... and wait.... for 10 more Months!!

How in the Disney WORLD can I get through this forever time? I just want to GOOOO! I have suddenly realized I have become my child self where I want to ask my parents "are we there yet?" Except this would be my loving dear wife. She was getting ready to admit to murder if I wouldn't shut up about it.

So what is a man to do about a lengthy wait?

Thank GOD for sports! Break out a beer! Time to make a list of everything I could follow to help keep my mind away from the vacation.

• January--the NFL playoffs
  • Febuary--The Olympics
  • MArch -- MArch Madness
  • April-- Opening Day in baseball and in St Louis there is nothing better
  • May--Hockey/NBA playoffs
  • June-- The World Cup
  • July-- Baseball kicks into high gear trading deadline.. will the Cardinals finish there run? The NFL starts with preseason
  • August-- Baseball's home stretch, Beginning of the English Premier League
  • September-- Baseball playoffs, NFL starts again, and my beloved GATORS (College Football)
  • Oct-- The beginning of Hockey, The World Series, The Florida Gators

Hmm this isn't enough. OK I have shown my Man Card! I m set! Just in case I made a second list, of more that I could watch just in case.

So beginning in
  • January--Starz has "Sparticus" that lasts till April, HBO has "The Pacific", Let's not for get "Survivor"
  • April-- "The Tudors" Final season till June!
  • May -- "Top Chef Masters"
  • June-- "Hells Kitchen", "Top Chef"
  • July-- *whispers.... "Big Brother 12" now this will go all the way up till 4 weeks away from our trip, Also there is another show on Starz that has a show I want to watch just can't think of it. HBO has "Entourage"
  • August-- is more the same :/
  • Sept-- there is a new Crime scene show on HBO but the name escapes me.

And in between there is the "Deadliest Catch" -Phil dies this season, Ice Road Truckers b/c I I drive for a living and these guys(and gal) are nuts.

Its done! I won't think about the trip untill its time to go! All I have to do is save and go on my trip. YAY!

and then Disney Gave us a day...
Old 06-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #38
Fastpaks

The Disney Curve and Monster under my House

While most people are out partying and live it up on the town on New Years Eve, I was at home surfing the internet. My wife doesn't have the luxury of being off on holidays. So as she was sleeping, I was doing my best NOT to pay anymore attention to the cruise. I had something that drew me to the Disney website. A question about this or that? Could I spend money more wisely? THERE IT WAS! Disney was going to give you a free day if you would just some charity work. Now I have a chance to fulfill to my kid. This was the first time I may just be able to come good on it.

(A Tangent)Ironically, the first charity I had ever been involved with was when I was 16 and at Disney. At the time, I was still trying to find my way in life and had the opportunity to model some tuxes for a Pageant magazine. This was before they ever did back stage tours. I didn't really appreciate the experience. Although, I did find it cool going through secret entrances, seeing the parks undisturbed, and just being behind the scenes. One morning, all 20 of us involved in the shoot were taken to the MK. We arrived at 8:00 and were going to be shooting on the lawn in front of the castle. We were told that the "shoot" would have to be a fast one as the park opened at 9:00. Disney was very particular of not having anyone on the lawn while guests were in the parks. Our special guest showed up. Mickey?Donald?Chip or Dale? No. This special guest and the reason for our "shoot" was a Make a Wish child. His wish was to be surrounded by beautiful people at Disney World. My opinion looking back is where I do think Disney is top class.

On the Jan 2nd I signed up for the GAD. My sister called me asking if I had found anything. I told her I found a ton that my kid WOULD (like Habitat for Humanity) participate, but due to age restrictions it wasn't going to happen. She suggested the Project Linus. I didn't realize it then but this particular charity would benefit quite a bit throughout the nation. A hospital that I deliver and pick-up in was one that would benefit from this organization. My family had its charity. I emailed them and 2 days later we were accepted. We scheduled our "event" for later in the month so we could do it with my sister's family as well.

In the middle of Janurary, a monster that had been living under my house grew. Before you say, "YEAH RIGHT!" Let me explain. In September of '09, my basement had water in the middle of my carpet. It was strange. No water trails leading to the spot from the walls or from the sewer drain. Just water in the middle of it. To make matters worse, my wife moved a box that had sat in this water and we discovered... MOLD! My wife is highly allergic to all forms of mold. We lost a lot of stuff. Clothes, some games, and our only Christmas tree to name a few. I tore up the carpet, cleaned the area, and never found the source.

However, in January, the source was coming from my water heater. To this point, I built in a little extra funds in the budget to take care of things that could go wrong in my house. My dad and I diagnosed the problem to not a water heater but to the sewer. This repair was going to cost me about $400. It turns out there was a clog outside the house and it was putting pressure on the water heater. From all this though, I figured I was on borrowed time with the water heater and would have to replace it next year. This was now going to change the plans of the cruise and trip.

My plans at this moment were to Arrive on Friday, Cruise Sat-sat., Go to MK and then stay another night at AsMV. This would lead to a conversation with my wife of now changing everything around. If I have GAD tickets I wonder if we could get more days off from work and then may be spend a few more days at Disney. We talked about it for a few days. Finally, we came to a conclusion that we would add 2 more parks: AK and HS, if we get the GAD vouchers. In addition, why stay at just AsMV why not a moderate too? And how do we arrange it? We could fly Southwest and then it would be cheaper to fly in Thursday and then plans will now look like:
  • Thurdays: Fly in, check in CBR
  • Friday : Animal Kingdom
  • Saturday-Saturday: Cruise the Carribean
  • Saturday
    : check in at AsMV Hollywood Studio's
  • Sunday
    : End with the Magic Kingdom
  • Monday: Fly home

There was nothing I could do about the $400 bill now. We were still going to be ok. We just can't afford another BIG ticket item to go. Hopefully, I would have some more luck the rest of the year. The fact that it was only January made me nervous though.

The materials cost us about $45. Considering that Disney was giving us $200 in tickets this was a killer trade. Our GAD event was quite fun. We made a total of 12 blankets between 6 ppl. It took about 1 1/2 hours. My son worked on one of the blankets by himself. It was entertaining to see his little hands in huge scissors.

His cousin finished faster than him. When one boy is done, the other loses complete attention. My wife and I would finish the rest of ours. Below was the finished product.

DW,Me,DS,My sister,My nephew and my Sisters B/f.

It would be long, I think about a week for us to receive the all important Vouchers.

The best part of all this was my son has NO idea why he was doing this. We just told him it was part of the cruise. My wife and I think we can surprise him. About the same time as the vouchers, I received a $400 check for the repair on my sewer line. You see I live in a condo and it turns out the condo association that was responsible for the trip. Our trip is still safe.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #39
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

So glad you didn't have to end up footing the bill for the sewer monster disaster!

I remember your blanket pictures from earlier on this year, you all did a great job! And it's great you were able to expand your WDW plans! So far it sounds like a perfect vacation!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #40
Dreams83
Mouseketeer

now if we can all just go already i am ready to relax and see all things disney and return to being a kid again and forget about reality for a few days.
Dreams83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #41
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Your enthusiasm is infectious.
Love the give a day get a day project. Can't wait to see how your son reacts when he finds out he is going to WDW in addition to the cruise.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #42
Tinkerkell123
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your pre-trip! Can't wait to hear more!!

The DaSilva's are:
Bert(DH), Kelli (DW),Alex (DD13) and Kevin(DS10)
* !!Theme Park Commandos!! WDW Commando Member # 223
My 1st cruise TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35341965
Tinkerkell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #43
Fastpaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Your enthusiasm is infectious.
Love the give a day get a day project. Can't wait to see how your son reacts when he finds out he is going to WDW in addition to the cruise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell123 View Post
Really enjoying your pre-trip! Can't wait to hear more!!

Welcome aboard! You just in time for the ship to turn, yet again.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:27 AM   #44
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
HA.. if ANYONE on this site tells you no.. there LYING! lol

So glad you got to extend your vacation and that the condo paid for it YEAH!! love it went plans work out how you want them to be!

Quote:
Welcome aboard! You just in time for the ship to turn, yet again.
OH NO.. I spoke too soon
Old 07-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #45
Fastpaks

The Last Email

It's freezing cold outside in the middle of February. The monster in my house has not returned. All I can think about is this vacation that I'm supposed to not even care for cause its Disney. I find myself occasionally (everyday) going to the Dis to find other reports that people have been experienced. The obsession that is about to take place is like a pebble being hurled off a mountain top heading towards the snow banks below.

By now, my taxes are done and we should have enough to pay the cruise portion off. SO what should I do? I have confidence that my plans for the most part won't change. In fact, in NO WAY are they going to change. None. Zip. Zilch. NAdda! For the past few weeks, I have been emailing Tracey at Dreams Unlimited , about all sorts of questions. Hotels stays, dates, and trip changes to name a few. All were met with quick responses. When she was on vacations, I still heard from her. I was never expecting that "little touch." To this day, if any agent was on vacation, I wouldn't expect much. (Its only fair we all need a break sometime)

Now, you have to know something about me. I don't like to be a bother to people. I like to do my business and then be done. Especially, to people that are busy in the service industry. So with confidence, I sent of the email with the header.
The Absolute Last Email

In it I explained, that I would like to go to another day to CBR b/c we are going to squeeze in MnSsHp . Also, we would like to add a day on the end and leave on a Monday. Now, I could fit in the DHS. In addition, to that I wanted to detach the hotels from the cruise. That way, should there be a room only discount, I could get them applied.

The vacation looks like this:
  • Wednesday: Check in CBR
  • Thursday: MnSsHp
  • Friday: Animal Kingdom, Check out and go to the PC for a hotel.
  • Sat:Cruise till the following Sat
  • Sat:Get off the ship and Go to AsMv+_DHS
  • Sun:MK
  • Mon:check out and fly home

Meanwhile, I made the "first mistake of my life." (*story of the first mistake below) I was so confident that my plans coming together, I decided to book my hotel for PC via Hotwire. As most of us know, Hotwire can be awesome and not so awesome. I didn't care. I was ready to be done worrying about the vacation, so I booked. Did I end up by the Port? Well sorta. I was hoping may be Country Suites or something, but ended up not far from Ron Jon Surf shop about 4 miles away in Cocoa Beach. Why was this a mistake looking back? I could have gotten a more expensive but better deal at Country Suites or Raddison. For those that don't know those two hotels are literally across from the ships. Little did I know I made an unwise choice. At the time, this wouldn't matter, because I was renting a car and then dropping it off.

The only thing left is for me to do now is wait..................and......................... .................................................. ................request the days off? Umm, should be no problem, Right?

*"First mistake I ever made"-- I had a "professor" in college that would discuss budgets and ethics in a class I was taking. It wasn't uncommon someone would point out a mistake in the budget or in a story he was telling that we would find a "little nugget of Obvious mistakes" his response back to us was... First Mistake I Ever Made. Even though its been 10 yrs, many of us in the class still say that phrase.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: