Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
gillian521
Earning My Ears

Can't get ADR...any advice?

Hello all, I'm planning a semi-last minute trip for the beginning of September. I had no plan to go at this time, we were going to wait till February (trying to avoid crowds!) but this opportunity came up and we couldn't resist.

So I'm trying to get into Crystal Palace for early breakfast, my son has autism, so I'm trying to cut down on the chaos as much as I can. Like an early entry and breakfast to get him acclimated. Anyway, they are of course booked solid, most others probably like this plan too!!

I made one for 10:30 anyway. Should we keep trying for an earlier opening? Or just delay our day to get there at later and keep the reservation as is.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!
Thanks.
Gil
Old 07-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
myrtleturtle
Earning My Ears

I would keep trying. For our last trip I wanted Chef Mickeys for breakfast and I looked every day for about a month til I found one. I also searched by specific times and not just the "breakfast" option. Good luck!
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
PixieJenna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian521 View Post
Hello all, I'm planning a semi-last minute trip for the beginning of September. I had no plan to go at this time, we were going to wait till February (trying to avoid crowds!) but this opportunity came up and we couldn't resist. So I'm trying to get into Crystal Palace for early breakfast, my son has autism, so I'm trying to cut down on the chaos as much as I can. Like an early entry and breakfast to get him acclimated. Anyway, they are of course booked solid, most others probably like this plan too!! I made one for 10:30 anyway. Should we keep trying for an earlier opening? Or just delay our day to get there at later and keep the reservation as is. Any help would be hugely appreciated!! Thanks. Gil

Keep trying! We are going in September and have the Crystal Palace for breakfast. We have been planning on this trip for awhile now. However, we took a last minute trip in May. I kept trying and was able to get a ressie the night of for 8:05 AM! People cancel. Kids get tired. I would keep trying until the night of!

Best of luck to you!!!!
PixieJenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
Mouse Daddy
Earning My Ears

Also, check out the Sept. ADR cancellation thread. It helped me get all of the dates and times that I needed.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....251535&page=22
Mouse Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
PixieJenna
Mouseketeer

What are your exact dates?
PixieJenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
Lupeix
Earning My Ears

Having worked with kids with autism, you really want the dinning room to be the least hectic / crowded it could be. Have you considered doing the last possible breakfast spot or the first possible lunch spot. It is usually less crowded and easier to get a ressie for and it will also allow you to take advantage of low crowds and lines on the rides at rope drop. Just an idea, good luck!
Lupeix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #7
Bellanota
Earning My Ears

Keep searching like everyone has said

I did a search today for tomorrow just to see and everyone on my wish was there for tomorrow. Alot of people were canceling at that 24 hour mark. So dont give up home not even until the day of.

Port Orleans - 2000
Contemporary- 2007
Art of Animation- 2014
Bellanota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #8
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

We have done several last minute trips lately and 'i agree to keep trying. September is a low time, and early September about as low as it gets so that is good. It also has free DDP at lot, so ADRs go fast. Reality is, early into the restaurant, may not be any less crowded that later in the morning. I agree that the LAST setting of the breakfast time will be a lot less crowded as people leave without others replacing them. Doing an very early time however, would get you into the parks without the huge mass of people there at rope drop. One way to help with that is to be one of the FIRST people in line, so most people will be behind him. Move as close to the rope as possible and if he still uses a stroller at WDW, encourage him to stay in the stroller and give him a small breakfast while you wait. The mass of people can be overwhelming to non special needs kids even. I still have to pick up my 7 year old sometimes
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM   #9
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian521 View Post
Hello all, I'm planning a semi-last minute trip for the beginning of September. I had no plan to go at this time, we were going to wait till February (trying to avoid crowds!) but this opportunity came up and we couldn't resist.

So I'm trying to get into Crystal Palace for early breakfast, my son has autism, so I'm trying to cut down on the chaos as much as I can. Like an early entry and breakfast to get him acclimated. Anyway, they are of course booked solid, most others probably like this plan too!!

I made one for 10:30 anyway. Should we keep trying for an earlier opening? Or just delay our day to get there at later and keep the reservation as is.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!
Thanks.
Gil
I would just keep trying. If you are unable, you can still head there when you get to the park and put your name in. We did this a few times. Once we were brought in right away. Other times it can be a short wait to over an hour depending on the time. They do a really good job of getting you in if it is not ridiculously busy. Try going at an off time, 11AM, 3PM.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #10
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

You know your kid best, so if you think that would be better, keep trying.

My son is also on the spectrum. For him, it is most important that he get his sleep. We sleep until both kids wake up on their own. So, if we do a breakfast, it is a late one. We never arrive at rope drop. The earliest we get there is 30 minutes after, so we don't have to wait in crowds.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: