Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

****Fairy Godmailer List Part II***** (AKA: FGM)

Ok, so we overloaded the first thread, which is FANTASTIC!! That means that there's a LOT of us out there spreading the magic!! But when the thread ended I knew we couldn't let the magic end!! So I contacted WebMasterKathy and she said we could just start a new thread!!

So here it is, the new Fairy Godmailer List Part II, let the magic continue!!

For those of you new here this is how it works!!!

If you are going to WDW, DL (Or maybe on DCL stopping at CC where they have a post office) you can ask someone to send a post card to your children from their favorite Disney character with a note saying something like we're here waiting for you, or whatever you want, especially if there's something special your celebrating while you’re there!!!

You in turn would offer to do this for others!!

Please make sure when you make a request you state how many cards you are requesting, which park/cruise you'll be at/on, and what dates you'll be there. This will let others know if they will be there before you and can be your FGM. You can then correspond names and address in private through PM's rather than posting personal information here!!

Walt Disney built the magic, and we can help continue spreading it!!

David

Thread #1: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=842646

I HAVE HEARD FROM MANY PEOPLE, INCLUDING OUR FGM THAT POST CARDS ARE HARD TO FIND IN WDW!! OUR FGM GOT THEM OUTSIDE OF WDW!! I HAVE RELATIVES WHO LIVE IN ORLANDO AND I'LL HAVE THEM MAIL ME WHAT I NEED. HOWEVER, THIS ALL BEING SAID I WOULD SUGGEST THAT IF YOU ARE FLYING YOU TRY AND GET WHAT YOU NEED AT THE AIRPORT, AND IF YOUR DRIVING YOU TRY AND STOP ON YOUR WAY AND PICK UP WHAT YOU NEED OUTSIDE OF WDW!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)

Last edited by rescuetink; 05-04-2010 at 03:41 PM.
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #2
MommaB
Mouseketeer

We leave in the morning and will be at DWR the 11th-14th. I can send 3 more postcards to anyone in need. Will check my PMs mid afternoon on the 11th just in case!
MommaB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Glad to find the new thread. Been away from this for awhile. Am at WDW now, but not able to send at the moment. I just want to say though for anyone wondering about doing this... it's GREAT!!! I enjoy doing this and actually still send to some of the kids Ive sent to before and have even met them later (mom knew who I was but the kids didnt). Its a pay it forward kind of magic/sharing.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaB View Post
We leave in the morning and will be at DWR the 11th-14th. I can send 3 more postcards to anyone in need. Will check my PMs mid afternoon on the 11th just in case!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Glad to find the new thread. Been away from this for awhile. Am at WDW now, but not able to send at the moment. I just want to say though for anyone wondering about doing this... it's GREAT!!! I enjoy doing this and actually still send to some of the kids Ive sent to before and have even met them later (mom knew who I was but the kids didnt). Its a pay it forward kind of magic/sharing.
I WANNA BE THERE NOW!!!! NOW I SAID!!! NOW!!!!

Oh yea, and I think my kids do too!!! Have fun you too!! And tell Mickey and the gang we'll be there soon!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
Old 04-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
rescuetink

DisneyMommy1022

DisneyMommy1022

Did you get my PM???

Old 04-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
rescuetink

Where did everyone go from the first thread??

Old 04-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

This is an awesome idea!!!! We'll be there Oct. 2-10 and could send a couple if anyone wants us to. Matter of fact, I'd LOVE to do that for someone!!!!!

If anyone will be there sometime before Oct. we'd love to have one sent to our DD!!!!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
airforcemomof2
Mouseketeer

We will be at WDW end of Aug/beginning of Sept. I would love to send postcards, and it would be great for my kids to get one too! This is such a great idea!
Next trip: Halloween 2014! AoA 10 days!
Christmas at Disney!! 19 - 27 Dec 12 @ POP
FW cabins Aug 25 - Sep 2, 2010!
11 WONDERful nights on the Wonder 2006
Mother/daughter Epcot trip 2003, First family trip 2002
airforcemomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
lizbeth374
Tagless

I will be going in the next few weeks with my daughter (not sure of the date yet) and I will also be going the first weekend in November with my son. I would be very appreciative if someone would send cards for them. If someone wouldn't mind sending them out, please pm me.

Also, I would like to send some out while I am there. PM me.

This is an awesome idea!
lizbeth374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #10
2BEKs
Mouseketeer

we're going in August

We'll be at WDW from 20 - 25 August.

we're 1st timers and celebrating DS7s bday (Aug 21st) and our Anniversary (13 years!).

I can send cards while we're there - and would LOVE it if someone could send cards to my kids too (DD8 and DS6 turning 7).

PM me if you'll be at the world or if you need me to send for late Aug/Sept.

DH: (except his boat is a big grey one!)

DD8: (excited about everything!)

DS6: (Celebrating Bday #7 at the MK!)

2BEKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
rescuetink

My kids got their cards from our FGM today!!!

Thanks to davis65 as our kids got their FGM cards today and the kids were THRILLED!!! I asked my son how Mickey knew he was comming and he said he called him on the Mickey phone in his bedroom and told him. I have an old style Mickey phone where Mickey holds the receiver in his hand. We don't use the phone so it's in his room for decoration and play.

My daughter is walking around with her cards and when you try and look at it she hugs it and says MINE!!!

I updated the first thread with some new information!!!

Let's keep spreading the magic!!!

David

Old 04-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #12
jlhill4444
Mouseketeer

Hi. Will be going May 1-6 and am willing to send 3 postcards. Let me know if you are interested.

Julia
jlhill4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #13
roobug
Mouseketeer

We will be there June 24th - July 1st if anyone would like us to send cards PM me. I think we already have someone sending our boys cards
roobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #14
MammaNicholas
Mouseketeer

Smile

Any going this week or early next week that can send some post cards to my kids?

I'd be happy to pay it forward. I can volunteer to send 5 the week of 04/24 - 05/01.

Just PM me your child's name, address, special message, and character you think they'd like to hear from.

December 2006 ASMo
April 2010 POP ME DH DD DS

TO THE WORLD YOU MIGHT BE ONE PERSON;
BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MIGHT BE THE WORLD
MammaNicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
DrRae2B
Mouseketeer

We are going May 9-16 and have one DD age 4. Would LOVE to find someone to send her a postcard and we will return the favor or pass it on to someone else. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: