Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #1036
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Chris: Thanks for posting these! I'm enjoying looking through them.

Soda Shop!

Old 08-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #1037
columnwest
Mouseketeer

Aaargh! Facebook deleted all of my HKDL photo captions. I'm working on fixing it... trying to remember what I wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columnwest View Post
Hey there everyone. I'm just starting to get into this Facebook thing, so I finally posted some pics and captions, both from our ABD trip and from my Hong Kong Disneyland trip (which I was on right before the ABD trip) and from a few other recent trips as well. Please feel free to take a look.

The ABD trip pics are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=9192ae6f88

The Hong Kong Disney pics are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=abc8ecad47

-- Chris
columnwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #1038
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Aaargh! Facebook deleted all of my HKDL photo captions. I'm working on fixing it... trying to remember what I wrote.
I'm really enjoying the pictures as well!
Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #1039
columnwest
Mouseketeer

Okay, got the captions fixed now.

Quote:
Hey there everyone. I'm just starting to get into this Facebook thing, so I finally posted some pics and captions, both from our ABD trip and from my Hong Kong Disneyland trip (which I was on right before the ABD trip) and from a few other recent trips as well. Please feel free to take a look.

The ABD trip pics are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=9192ae6f88

The Hong Kong Disney pics are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=abc8ecad47

-- Chris
columnwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #1040
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Back from the DL 1/2 Marathon! We were able to finish it and get our Coast to Coast medal, which is very exciting! And we also decided to shoot each other if the idea to do two of these in one year ever occurs to us again. Now I have the December Podcast Cruise to look forward to and plan for!!! I also just bought my 2011 calendar at Staples this weekend so that I can get my vacations lined up for next year!

In Michael/Jamie news: We went by Guest Services to find Michael, but he wasn't there. I left some scrapbook pages for he and Jamie and a note with my phone number, etc. At the race Jeri saw Michael out cheering for everyone and we ran over and had some hugs (Michael probably had to go change, you know, from the sweat - ick factor, but he gives GREAT hugs!) Anywho, I told him about the photos and the note and then we had to get going. He didn't call us while we were there, but hopefully he will and we'll be able to send Jamie a little Dis love.

I haven't been following the cruise board, but I did see on FB that Katherine might not be able to come and then was able to come on the cruise. I'm glad about this! I don't know what's the what, but I hope everything has now worked out. I also hope John will be there too!

Enjoy:

Old 09-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #1041
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

So the truth is I didn't like any of my Haunted Mansion shots very well, and so I retook this photo during race weekend. It feels a small bit like scrapbook cheating, but sometimes ya just gots to do what ya gots to do! I'm so glad we got to ride HM while we were all there because it was closed on this trip. When we were in France Haunted Mansion was closed and we never got to ride it. Still bummed about that one. I love comparing all of the rides and what's the same and what's different.

So here we have Haunted Mansion, with my cheater photo! SSSHHH!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #1042
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Lauren,

It would only be cheating if you had never been there - what you did was to use "artistic license"

The page is beautiful by the way

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #1043
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
"artistic license"
Artistic license, that's so the word I was looking for!

Heather: You sounded so great on the Podcast this week! I love the sound of your outfit!

Here's my castle LO:

Old 09-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #1044
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Paradise Pier!

Old 10-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #1045
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Well, here it is y'all! My Magnum Opus Scrapbook. You all have seen most of it, but there's some stuff I was too lazy to post. Plus, it looks so cool to see it all put together. Thanks so much for making our trip so extra special. I hope you all enjoy looking at this as much as I did making it!

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...8AZs2rZq0aOHkw
Old 10-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #1046
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Wow! I just went through the entire scrapbook and it brought all of the memories flooding back. You do such awesome work Lauren and we truly thank you for sharing it with us!

- Bill

DisneyTaylors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #1047
macman752
DIS Veteran

It's true

Last night I had an improbable but true experience on Main Street in WDW.

About 7:15, I was standing on the corner outside of the Confectionery waiting for our daughter, son-in-law and grandkids to arrive for MNSSHP. Thousands of people were leaving the park. Thousands more were streaming in.

A tall man came up and stood beside me. We exchanged glances then quickly looked at one another again. Before I could say anything the man asked, "Are you from New York? "No", I replied, "but I was on the ABD trip in California."

It was Miguel! Matthew, wearing his Club 33 polo, soon joined us. We chatted for a brief time and promised to get together again during the Podcast cruise.

What are the odds that of the tens of thousands of people in the park last night Miguel and I would end up standing together on the same corner of Main Street at the same time?

All I can say is thank you John and the rest of the Podcast/ABD crew for the trip that keeps providing such head exploding experiences!!

Last edited by macman752; 10-25-2010 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Correct iPhone induced, small screen, old eyes typos.
macman752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #1048
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman752 View Post

About 7:15, I was standing on the corner outside of the Confectionary waiting for our daughter, son-in-law and grandkids to arrive for MNSSHP. Thousands of people were leaving the park. Thousands more were streaming in.

A taller man came up and stood beside me. We exchanged glances the quickly looked at one another again. Before I could say anything the man asked, "Are you from New York? "No", I replied, "but I was on the ABD trip in California."

It was Miguel! Matthew, wearing his Club 33 polo, soon joined us. We chatted for a brief time and promised to get together again during the Podcast cruise.

What are the odds that of the tens of thousands of people in the park last night that Miguel and I would end up standing together on the same corner of Main Street at the same time?

All I can say is thank you John and the rest of the Podcast crew for the trip that keeps on providing such head exploding experiences!!
I guess Walt and the Sherman Brothers were right - it is a small world after all.

Can't wait to see everyone in December for a little reunion!!!

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Tonya2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #1049
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:

About 7:15, I was standing on the corner outside of the Confectionary waiting for our daughter, son-in-law and grandkids to arrive for MNSSHP. Thousands of people were leaving the park. Thousands more were streaming in.

A taller man came up and stood beside me. We exchanged glances the quickly looked at one another again. Before I could say anything the man asked, "Are you from New York? "No", I replied, "but I was on the ABD trip in California."

What are the odds that of the tens of thousands of people in the park last night that Miguel and I would end up standing together on the same corner of Main Street at the same time?

All I can say is thank you John and the rest of the Podcast crew for the trip that keeps on providing such head exploding experiences!!
Very cool story!!!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #1050
klam_chowder
Got her own private pool dance on the Podcast cruise
Boy that was one hot run

Quote:

Hey Dave!

That's a fun story - thx for sharing it. Good to know the handsome fellas are enjoying the FL warmth! Hope y'all have a fab trip Looking fwd to seeing you & Sally again - and everyone else - on the ship!

cheers,

text
klam_chowder is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: