Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #991
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Anybody else following Pete on FB? Looks like they are having a great time. He said they have Michael again as a guide but that Jamie is in Iraq with the Marines! I would send him a card or email if I knew how? But I knew we would all want to keep him and his safe return to Disney in our thoughts!

We all seem to have had so many losses recently. It's all so very sad. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate each of you and I'm glad we're travel buddies and I really hope to see as many of you as possible in December!

Here is my castle after dark layout. Man I LOVE Disney fireworks. Chris was with me telling me all the neato things about the commentary that I didn't know. Very cool! And Susan was helping me with my allergies. And as I wanted to cut my head off the second the plane landed in Savannah, I really need to get moving on her advice before next year!

Enjoy!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #992
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Anybody else following Pete on FB? Looks like they are having a great time. He said they have Michael again as a guide but that Jamie is in Iraq with the Marines! I would send him a card or email if I knew how? But I knew we would all want to keep him and his safe return to Disney in our thoughts!
I thought EXACTLY the same thing! I wonder if we can prompt Pete to ask if there's contact information for Jaime so we can send him a care package or something?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #993
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Anybody else following Pete on FB? Looks like they are having a great time.[/IMG]
Yeah I am living vicariously through his FB posts and Tweets. I keep looking for a live posting thread where they throw up pictures but I can't find one. Has anyone seen one?

Is it December yet?

- Bill

DisneyTaylors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #994
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

I just posted this on Pete's Facebook wall:

Quote:
=> => Pete! Some of the folks from DIS ABD 1.0 in April would like to know if you can find out from Michael how we can send cards and care packages to Jaime in Iraq. If you see this, would you mind asking? Thanks! - Dodie
If you wouldn't mind, and you are Facebook friends with Pete, would you go and either "like" that or comment on it? Maybe if enough of us do it - he'll notice the question in the business of his Facebook wall.

THANKS PALS!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #995
kab407
Still embarrassed by her mom and the "verandah" incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post

If you wouldn't mind, and you are Facebook friends with Pete, would you go and either "like" that or comment on it? Maybe if enough of us do it - he'll notice the question in the business of his Facebook wall.

THANKS PALS!
Done!
Old 07-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #996
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:

THANKS PALS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab407 View Post
Done!
Ditto.

- Bill

DisneyTaylors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #997
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Done

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #998
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Done! I'm already putting together a mental list of what to send. Much better than thinking about work! I have some of those Disney Cruise Line Hair and lotion things that I thought I would send and then maybe a little flip book of some of the better pictures from our trip.

My other idea is if Pete can't get the address that Jeri and I will be there for the race in September and I'll ask for Michael at Guest Services where he works and I may be able to find out some more info then.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #999
macman752
DIS Veteran

Quote:

THANKS PALS!
Mission accomplished!
macman752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #1000
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:

We all seem to have had so many losses recently. It's all so very sad. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate each of you and I'm glad we're travel buddies and I really hope to see as many of you as possible in December!

Here is my castle after dark layout. Man I LOVE Disney fireworks. Chris was with me telling me all the neato things about the commentary that I didn't know. Very cool! And Susan was helping me with my allergies. And as I wanted to cut my head off the second the plane landed in Savannah, I really need to get moving on her advice before next year!

Enjoy!

It's a good thing that no one will ever make me pick my favorite of all your pages because my head would explode. This one is spectacular!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:03 AM   #1001
Circusgirl
ALLORA!!!

To console myself the tiniest bit for not being you know where now, I just bought a Disneyland 55th Dooney & Bourke Messenger bag on eBay. Total shopping therapy.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:42 AM   #1002
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

We all do what we gotta do to get by... Enjoy your bag.
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #1003
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
To console myself the tiniest bit for not being you know where now, I just bought a Disneyland 55th Dooney & Bourke Messenger bag on eBay. Total shopping therapy.
Good for you! Which one did you get? I love those bags!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #1004
klam_chowder
Got her own private pool dance on the Podcast cruise
Boy that was one hot run

Quote:
What a fab idea! I'd be happy to send a care pkg too. If the info becomes available, pls re-post it here Wouldn't Jaime just be freaked out to find stuff coming from us

Heather - glad you're enjoying the retail therapy. Hope everyone else is doing well

cheers,

text
klam_chowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #1005
Circusgirl
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Good for you! Which one did you get? I love those bags!

Here is the whole line:

My new bag is the one on the far left. I like the messenger style for general use, although the tote bag is gorgeous.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: