Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #976
spokanemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post

So......... has anyone else gotten the second survey from ABD?

THey must have heard you Pete - this one is all about our dining experiences

Ohh, I missed this post. Yes, I did get the other survey. I guess we all had the same complaint on the first one!

I think it will be interesting to see if any changes are made to the 2nd ABD/BM trip next week. I am SURE Pete will let us all know if there are any changes for his 2nd trip!

One child makes you a parent. Two children makes you a referee.
spokanemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #977
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post
Lauren - I'm sorry to read about your cat. It is hard to see a fur baby suffer.

As Bill mentioned, we had to put our DISdog (JJ) to sleep this past Friday. It was hard. But, he is not suffering any longer. We got a call from my Mom while on the ABD trip that JJ was not himself. So, I had her bring him to the vet until we got back. He checked out fine and they sent him home with me. However, a few weeks later he started having seizures. Reluctantly, we put him on phenobarbital (anti-seizure medicine). Even on the medicine, he had seizures. Within the past week he took a turn for the worst. He could barely walk and yelped in pain. He would look up at us with those sad eyes and I knew he was in pain. Selfishly, I kept him alive three weeks longer than I should have. It was hard to seem him deteriorate so quickly. It does give us comfort knowing he is no longer in pain.

Jennifer

JJ
(May 23, 2004 - July 16, 2010)

We miss you buddy!

Please accept my deepest sympathy in this time of grieving for your truest of friends and best of companions. I can imagine how much you miss his sweet spirit. It is good to think of him running free and happy in his new world where the silo feeder is always full and he has a ball machine with his name on it, but I know how his departure leaves a big ol' hole in your lives. I love his tribute in your signature, and seeing a little bit of all the love you shared.

Last edited by Circusgirl; 07-20-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Circusgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #978
macman752
DIS Veteran

Jennifer and Bill,

I can't add anything to Heather's eloquent comment on the loss of your family's companion. Our thoughts are with you.
macman752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #979
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Off to work, but before I go I have Legends Plaza for you all to enjoy!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #980
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Lauren -

I'm always looking forward to one of your scrapbook pages
Whatever will we do when your finished

of course... another Podcast trip/event - how silly of me

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #981
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Thank you for all your posts about JJ.

It is weird not having him around. He would always greet us when we got home or snuggle in bed between Bill and I. He was like a fourth child. It has been a hard adjustment.

Thank you again!

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #982
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Lauren,

Thank you for posting all your great scrapbook pages. You do wonderful and creative work! I still haven't even started my scrapbooking for our trip. I keep forgetting to get new color ink for our printer. I like to do the old-fashioned paper scrapbooks. Bill looked into digital scrapbooking software for me though.

On the trip, we were talking about cameras. I had a birthday this past Sunday and guess what Bill got me?????

A New Camera!!!!!

He said it is 10 times better than the one I have. But, still small enough for me to handle it.

Old Camera

New Camera

(My Mom sent me the Edible Arrangements bouquet for my birthday. The fruit tastes as good as it looks. Yummy!)

Can you tell the difference?

My new camera is a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5V I plan to take a one-day class at the Sony store to learn all the buttons and effects. I want to be a pro on it by our December PCC 2.0 trip. I already told Bill, I might go off on my own one day while at WDW just to take pictures.

Thank you Bill!!!!!

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #983
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lauren -

I'm always looking forward to one of your scrapbook pages
Whatever will we do when your finished

of course... another Podcast trip/event - how silly of me
Thanks! I've only got eight layouts to go before the final tweaking, journaling starts. Then I'll have to rest up for 2.0!

Quote:
Lauren,

Thank you for posting all your great scrapbook pages. You do wonderful and creative work! I still haven't even started my scrapbooking for our trip. I keep forgetting to get new color ink for our printer. I like to do the old-fashioned paper scrapbooks. Bill looked into digital scrapbooking software for me though.

On the trip, we were talking about cameras. I had a birthday this past Sunday and guess what Bill got me?????

A New Camera!!!!!

He said it is 10 times better than the one I have. But, still small enough for me to handle it.

Old Camera

New Camera

(My Mom sent me the Edible Arrangements bouquet for my birthday. The fruit tastes as good as it looks. Yummy!)

My new camera is a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5V I plan to take a one-day class at the Sony store to learn all the buttons and effects. I want to be a pro on it by our December PCC 2.0 trip. I already told Bill, I might go off on my own one day while at WDW just to take pictures.

Thank you Bill!!!!!

Jennifer
Bill is the Bee's Knees for sure! (Great camera!)
Old 07-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #984
slapwhitey

Mouseketeer

Thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers for me and my family. It's been a very tough week. I'll try to occupy my mind with Disney trip planning for the next little while. Thanks again everyone, much appreciated.

Chris
Old 07-23-2010, 12:03 AM   #985
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Off to work, but before I go I have Legends Plaza for you all to enjoy!

Wow again! Thanks for sharing these, they are fantastic as usual.

Quote:
Lauren,

A New Camera!!!!!

Old Camera

New Camera

Thank you Bill!!!!!

Jennifer

You are going to have so much fun with your new camera! Quick, everybody, we have to go somewhere together so Jennifer can take our picture!
Circusgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #986
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
You are going to have so much fun with your new camera! Quick, everybody, we have to go somewhere together so Jennifer can take our picture!
Thinking thinking

How about a cruise... let's say December

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #987
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thinking thinking

How about a cruise... let's say December
We'll be there! Jennifer, take our picture!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #988
klam_chowder
Got her own private pool dance on the Podcast cruise
Boy that was one hot run

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmli View Post
We are back in Winnipeg...we got the call yesterday morning that Chris's grandpa had passed away and were on a flight last night to be with his grandma and mom.

They say it was peaceful and while we are terribly sad about the loss and worried about Grandma, we are relieved to know his suffering is over.

Please send some good thoughts our way, I know Chris would appreciate them!!
Chris & Tracey, you are in my thoughts and prayers - deepest sympathies. Your family is lucky to have you close by during this time.

Sorry for the delayed response - I haven't been on the Disboards for the past week.

cheers,

text
klam_chowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #989
klam_chowder
Got her own private pool dance on the Podcast cruise
Boy that was one hot run

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Thank you everyone for your well wishes for our Minnie. She's a real trooper! She has a tumor on her heart the size of my fist, but she's still running around the house and generally being herself. At first the doctor only gave her a week, but that's been several weeks ago now. We're just going to let her carry on until she doesn't seem to have her usual spunk anymore. The only difference is she only has to look at the treat bag to get about ten of them! She's gained all her weight back that she had lost. Hey, why watch your weight now, kwim? 13 years we've all been together. It's still not enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTaylors View Post
We just went through this last week as our 6 year old dog had to be put to sleep. He was suffering so much that it was really the only option. It was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through so I am sending lots of positive thoughts and energy your way to help you and Minnie though this.

- Bill
Lauren & Jeri, Bill & Jennifer - so sorry to hear about your furbabies. They are lucky to have been loved and cared for by your families.

cheers,

text
klam_chowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #990
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmli View Post
We are back in Winnipeg...we got the call yesterday morning that Chris's grandpa had passed away and were on a flight last night to be with his grandma and mom.

They say it was peaceful and while we are terribly sad about the loss and worried about Grandma, we are relieved to know his suffering is over.

Please send some good thoughts our way, I know Chris would appreciate them!!
Tracey, both you and Chris are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: