Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #946
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Lynne!

Your slide show was amazing! The best lunchtime entertainment I've had in a LONG time! It's so good that I hope Pete and the gang see the link. I think they'd love reliving the trip too!

Ok. I'll admit it. I cried. At work. Just a little. Reliving the trip through your images and the songs was very moving. Reminded me how much fun it all was and how quickly it passed.

Can't wait to see you all again!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #947
macman752
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopday View Post
Hi all you April ABD'ers!

I'm getting ready to go on the July trip, and am wondering if any of you worked out while on your trip in April? Will there be any time? Will I have any energy? Is it really worth the suitcase space? I normally do something (running, weights or both) everyday and since I'm pretty sure I'll be eating (much) more than normal on this trip it seems like a good idea. Then again, I don't want to sacrifice any touring time since this is such a unique experience!

Any advice you have in this area is appreciated - thanks!
While in Hollywood, I used the fitness center at the Renaissance Hotel. The first morning I arrived at about 6 and all 5 of the treadmills were in use. I showed up earlier the second morning and found an open treadmill.

Once we got to Anaheim there was not a lot of free time to work out. You get plenty of that during the day. One of our adventurers had a Fitbit and it showed that he (and the rest of us) walked more than 9 miles on the next to last day of the tour.

Despite the exercise and all of the walking I came home about 6 pounds heavier. It took me a while, but I am back to pre-adventure weight.
macman752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #948
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm getting ready to go on the July trip, and am wondering if any of you worked out while on your trip in April? Will there be any time? Will I have any energy? Is it really worth the suitcase space? I normally do something (running, weights or both) everyday and since I'm pretty sure I'll be eating (much) more than normal on this trip it seems like a good idea. Then again, I don't want to sacrifice any touring time since this is such a unique experience!

I usually run three/four times a week myself, but on this trip I was dog tired and had no extra time for it. There's TONS of walking though so there is that. It's sad that I still gained five pounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
Ok. I'll admit it. I cried. At work. Just a little. Reliving the trip through your images and the songs was very moving. Reminded me how much fun it all was and how quickly it passed.!
I totally cried too! With the things I'm going through with my cat in her last days this week, that video totally lifted me up. Totally cried, but totally lifted me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman752 View Post
While in Hollywood, I used the fitness center at the Renaissance Hotel. The first morning I arrived at about 6 and all 5 of the treadmills were in use. I showed up earlier the second morning and found an open treadmill.
You got up even earlier and went to the gym? You are a god!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #949
macman752
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post

You got up even earlier and went to the gym? You are a god!
Not even close. I was still on east coast time. It may have been 5:30 Pacific but as far as I could tell it was 8:30 eastern.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #950
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:

Hi Kristen,

I thought that the cardio equipment at the Hollywood Renaissance was good, a decent amount of treadmills, recumbent bikes, etc. But the room could get very crowded. I'd say the earlier you could get there the better.

Next to the room with the cardio equipment is an outdoor area, with a good selection of free weights (ranging from 10's up to 50's). Unfortunately, they do not have much in terms of weight machines, the only one they had was a leg extension machine.

The Grand Californian had a great gym. Excellent cardio equipment (recumbents, treadmills, etc), a lot of free weights (again ranging from 10's up to 50's), and a ton of weight machines. I was able to do everything here that I usually do at my gym at home.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #951
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinagal View Post
Hello ABD friends!!

I hope you are all enjoying your summer - nice and toasty here in Houston, heh!

I put together this montage of the trip and added a little music. I used a lot of my pictures, and "borrowed" a few from Photopass. Because of the size and length, I have posted on my personal blog: wonderingwhatsnext.com

You will likely have to load activex to view - let me know if you have any trouble. Warning: it is LONNNNNGG (20 minutes!) but boy, did we have a good time!

Take care, all!

Oh, Lynne, it was wonderful! It didn't seem long at all - just like the trip itself, the show totally flew by. Sweet choices on the music - you are a terrific producer!! I had big smiles, tears, the whole shootin' match. Thank you!!!!!

Quote:

Although I am a fanatical gym goer in regular life, I have yet to devote a minute to gym time on a Disney trip. On the ABD trip I went from early morning until late at night, especially during our time in Anaheim, and wouldn't have given up any of the Disney moments for a gym moment. There is mega walking to be done with touring, so you won't be inactive!

Quote:

Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
Hi Kristen,

I thought that the cardio equipment at the Hollywood Renaissance was good, a decent amount of treadmills, recumbent bikes, etc. But the room could get very crowded. I'd say the earlier you could get there the better.

Next to the room with the cardio equipment is an outdoor area, with a good selection of free weights (ranging from 10's up to 50's). Unfortunately, they do not have much in terms of weight machines, the only one they had was a leg extension machine.

The Grand Californian had a great gym. Excellent cardio equipment (recumbents, treadmills, etc), a lot of free weights (again ranging from 10's up to 50's), and a ton of weight machines. I was able to do everything here that I usually do at my gym at home.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!

Jason

Wow again!

You guys were amazing to find a way to squeeze in the gym time!

Lauren and Jeri - I'm very sorry to hear that your kitty isn't going to get well. Love and hugs to you in this very tender time. Please let me know if I can do anything to help.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #952
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Lauren & Jeri - - so sorry to hear about the kittie I hope you can enjoy what time you have left together

I have to admit - I did go into the fitness center in Hollywood ---- they had free apples

I didn't every bother to look for the one in Disneyland.

We were moving from morning til night everyday - I fell into bed each night.

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #953
corky441

So......... has anyone else gotten the second survey from ABD?

THey must have heard you Pete - this one is all about our dining experiences

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
Old 07-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #954
tmli
Wants to be known as tmlh....

We are back in Winnipeg...we got the call yesterday morning that Chris's grandpa had passed away and were on a flight last night to be with his grandma and mom.

They say it was peaceful and while we are terribly sad about the loss and worried about Grandma, we are relieved to know his suffering is over.

Please send some good thoughts our way, I know Chris would appreciate them!!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #955
macman752
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post

I received one earlier this week. It is on my to do list for tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #956
macman752
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmli View Post
We are back in Winnipeg...we got the call yesterday morning that Chris's grandpa had passed away and were on a flight last night to be with his grandma and mom.

They say it was peaceful and while we are terribly sad about the loss and worried about Grandma, we are relieved to know his suffering is over.

Tracey, please know that you, Chris and his family are in our thoughts and prayers. Grandparents are special people.

...dave
Old 07-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #957
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post

I thought the same thing, Marilee. While it seems that many in the group didn't enjoy the Big Thunder BBQ - that didn't bother us at all (except that they ripped us off and didn't give us dessert). It just reminded us of the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review food. However, I was BRUTALLY honest about that terrible food at the Italian restaurant in Hollywood and Highland on the first night and the fact that our lunch sat out in tne direct sun for an hour at the Henson Studios.

Quote:
Tracey, please know that you, Chris and his family are in our thoughts and prayers. Grandparents are special people.

...dave
Well said, Dave. Our thoughts are with you as well. HUGS.

Lauren and Jeri - Our fur babies are family. I'm sorry for what you're going through. It's hard. HUGS.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #958
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmli View Post

Tracey,

Cathy and I have you, Chris and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Frank and Cathy
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #959
corky441

Tracey, you and Chris and your family are in our thoughts and prayers today

Marilee & Dino
Old 07-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #960
corky441

I addressed both those issues also, Dodie. The Hollywood segment could use an overhaul that's for sure as far as meals

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: