Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #931
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTaylors View Post
Jennifer and I were both pouting that we don't live closer to WDW. We would LOVE to be there but we will be working on paying off the cruise around that time.

- Bill
OOOOOOOOOOO - I almost forgot - that deadline is fast approaching

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #932
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
Hi Lauren!

Really enjoying the scrapbooking, it brings back a lot of memories of the trip. I agree about the Grand Californian, it's become one of my favorite hotels.

Jason
Glad you like them Jason! We loved the Grand Californian. It was so much more than I expected. I thought it would just be sort of another Wilderness Lodge (which is great) but it was so much more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
Lauren - I love the new pages!! I am now completely hooked on the Grand Californian. I am fascinated by the Multiplane camera, and think it symbolizes Walt Disney's depth and breadth of genius, in that he was creative and inventive both artistically and technically.
I'm with you Heather! That Multiplane is awesome. I can't imagine having a brain that could come up with something like that.

Very jealous to be missing the mini meet this fall. Doing the stupid race in DL instead. Whose lame idea was that anyway?

Today we have the Lilly Belle, which I'm glad we got to ride on it as it's not something you get to do everyday and also because due to whatever freak of Disney magic, Jeri and I never get to ride on the Disney RR. I was actually giving it 50/50 odds on breaking down just as we got near it! I was doing a little netsearch for some fun facts to put on my Lilly Belle page, and it turns out everything out there is pretty much a Web Of Lies! LOL One family reported riding with a conductor and everything they learned, and I don't think they learned one thing that was actually true. I mean there's building the story, and then there's just making something up!

Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #933
tardis1029
First trip in'73 and still going strong!

September- Mini ABD Post Reunion-Pre Podcast cruise event # 1

Lauren - You are just as talented with the scrapbook as you are with the camera..I enjoy seeing your beautiful pages as it really brings back a lot of wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing this with us all .... We will all be rooting for you .. do you get anything special when you come in First Place !

September's mini ABD post reunion pre podcast-cruise event # 1 ! ( I can't even make an acronym out of it ! Maybe Kevin can !! )
Let's make a date - or several dates ...The MORE the Merrier ! ....

Sending you all Warm regards as the temperature hit 105 today ... wait ~ I'm not in Florida ..I'm in NYC...
from ...I don't have my own name yet aka Micki

tardis1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #934
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Thanks Micki!

Work has slowed down for me again, but I'm making lemonade!

Here's Grizzly River Rapids - We got SOAKED! Good thing we were so close to the hotel. Riding a bus back to the hotel like we would have done at WDW would have been no fun at all.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #935
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Thanks Micki!

Work has slowed down for me again, but I'm making lemonade!

Here's Grizzly River Rapids - We got SOAKED! Good thing we were so close to the hotel. Riding a bus back to the hotel like we would have done at WDW would have been no fun at all.

Yeah Jennifer and I loved this ride and got plenty soaked as well. I agree about being right there by the hotel as we could just hop in to change (after getting a Mickey Bar of course).

- Bill

DisneyTaylors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #936
MatthewT212
Earning My Ears

ABD Reunion in DEcember

Hey everyone!! It's been a while since someone has posted but I wanted to drop by and remind everyone about a possible ABD reunion on the cruise this December. Miguel and I miss you all very much and we are definitely looking forward to not only the cruise but seeing all of you again... If you are going to be on the cruise please get in touch with me and let’s see if we can all pick a day and time that we can all get meet up again. You can respond to this post if you want or you can send me an email: MatthewT212@aol.com

Hope all of you are well and staying cool.
Matthew & Miguel
MatthewT212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:54 AM   #937
gkrykewy
TTA PeopleMover Fan Club President

You're going to start getting a lot more spam if you don't hide that email address. I suggest rewriting it as "yournamehere at aol dot com" to help protect from spambots.

gkrykewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #938
Carolinagal

Mouseketeer

Hello ABD friends!!

I hope you are all enjoying your summer - nice and toasty here in Houston, heh!

I put together this montage of the trip and added a little music. I used a lot of my pictures, and "borrowed" a few from Photopass. Because of the size and length, I have posted on my personal blog: wonderingwhatsnext.com

You will likely have to load activex to view - let me know if you have any trouble. Warning: it is LONNNNNGG (20 minutes!) but boy, did we have a good time!

Take care, all!

Visit my Disney blog HERE
Carolinagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #939
DisneyTaylors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinagal View Post
Hello ABD friends!!

I hope you are all enjoying your summer - nice and toasty here in Houston, heh!

I put together this montage of the trip and added a little music. I used a lot of my pictures, and "borrowed" a few from Photopass. Because of the size and length, I have posted on my personal blog: wonderingwhatsnext.com

You will likely have to load activex to view - let me know if you have any trouble. Warning: it is LONNNNNGG (20 minutes!) but boy, did we have a good time!

Take care, all!
That was amazing Lynne! It was definitely not too long as I wanted it to never end. Can someone please invent a time machine so we can all go relive those experiences over and over?

- Bill

Old 07-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #940
slapwhitey

Mouseketeer

Loved the slide show. What terrific memories. I miss everyone so much. Time of my life for sure.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #941
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

Lynne,

Thank you for sharing your terrific slide show; Cathy and I watched it together and it brought back a flood of wonderful memories.

We really need to get everyone back on the big bus for another Adventure!

Hope our paths cross again!

Frank and Cathy
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #942
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Great job Lynne!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #943
ragtopday
Proud Member of Red Sox Nation

Working out while on the trip?

Hi all you April ABD'ers!

I'm getting ready to go on the July trip, and am wondering if any of you worked out while on your trip in April? Will there be any time? Will I have any energy? Is it really worth the suitcase space? I normally do something (running, weights or both) everyday and since I'm pretty sure I'll be eating (much) more than normal on this trip it seems like a good idea. Then again, I don't want to sacrifice any touring time since this is such a unique experience!

Any advice you have in this area is appreciated - thanks!

ragtopday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #944
DisneyTaylors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopday View Post

I'm getting ready to go on the July trip, and am wondering if any of you worked out while on your trip in April? Will there be any time? Will I have any energy? Is it really worth the suitcase space? I normally do something (running, weights or both) everyday and since I'm pretty sure I'll be eating (much) more than normal on this trip it seems like a good idea. Then again, I don't want to sacrifice any touring time since this is such a unique experience!

I am hard pressed to remember any down time as they do a great job of planning a full day. The only time might be when you have free time in the parks (with Fast Passes in hand ) so I doubt you would want to miss that. It's a quick 5 days, so I recommend you just relax and enjoy this awesome experience.

- Bill

Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #945
klam_chowder
Got her own private pool dance on the Podcast cruise
Boy that was one hot run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopday View Post

Some people "need" to exercise or they just don't feel right - if that's the case of course you will find time to exercise as you will be willing to spend your time doing that rather than other things, like touring the parks.

If it's important to you, you can definitely find the time. You can work it in early before breakfast or after touring on most days. However, the days are pretty tiring if you go all day and close down the parks afterwards like I did

The Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood has a few workout machines outside and also more indoors. You can also go for an early morning swim - when I was getting ready in the morning at 6am, I was surprised to look out my window and see a couple of hotel guests in the pool - it was pretty chilly then

Of course, there are also good healthy eating options at all the venues and the group does a reasonable amount of walking everyday so weight gain is optional. I went for the chocolate version everytime so weight gain was mandatory. Actually I tend to not worry about these things when I'm on vacation - too many excellent choices to try/enjoy

I thought about bringing work out gear when I packed for ABD and I didn't do it. If I did this trip again, I still wouldn't do it!

Feel free to e-mail/post if you have any other questions! I hope you all have a fab trip!

cheers,

text
klam_chowder is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: