Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #901
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

The ABD to Englad/France and DLP was our first experience with ABD, and I tell you that it was worth every single penny. We had SUCH a WONDERFUL time. Even the idea even crosses your mind, start saving now!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #902
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

France, mais oui!!!
Can you imagine the DIS Unplugged Podcast ABD France berets?

Thanks for the tip on the Henson show, Karen!

I know Bill is having a rockin' birthday today, if he has time to do anything else besides read his Facebook Happy B'days!

I will be very interested to hear from Pete and Walter how touring with a much smaller group is. I am perhaps jealous of that part, but I wouldn't have given up any of you to be on a smaller tour! I know they'll have an amazing time.
Circusgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #903
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Talking

Okay, you all had to know I had a scrapbook for the Knights and Lights tour, right?!! So I tried to post it here, but couldn't figure it out. I posted it to my Facebook page. I really hope you like it and it inspires you all to want to go. It's under Stenogoddess Boxx just in case we're not already friends!

Also, you might notice I've lost 30 pounds in between that ABD and this one, you know, just if you notice, on your own, totally independant of me pointing it out --- objection! leading the witness --- What? Not me! hehe!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #904
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Note for Dodie: When you go to DLP, Big Thunder is BIG fun! And Space, goes upside down. You know I'm here for ya!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #905
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
France, mais oui!!!
Can you imagine the DIS Unplugged Podcast ABD France berets?

Thanks for the tip on the Henson show, Karen!

I know Bill is having a rockin' birthday today, if he has time to do anything else besides read his Facebook Happy B'days!

I will be very interested to hear from Pete and Walter how touring with a much smaller group is. I am perhaps jealous of that part, but I wouldn't have given up any of you to be on a smaller tour! I know they'll have an amazing time.
I did have an awesome birthday Heather! It was a year ago today that I got the ABD trip for my birthday present. I am thinking that is a tradition I could get used to.

- Bill

DisneyTaylors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #906
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
When you go to DLP, Big Thunder is BIG fun! And Space, goes upside down.
Woohoo!!! Cerise sur le gâteau.

- Bill

DisneyTaylors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #907
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Bonjour mes amis!!!
ABD Podcast berets for that alone we have to make it happen.
Can you see this group at Buckingham Palace !!! The Royals would never be the same
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #908
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Quote:
Note for Dodie: When you go to DLP, Big Thunder is BIG fun! And Space, goes upside down. You know I'm here for ya!
Big, bigger, biggest Big Thunder =

Upside down Space Mountain =

Jaunty DIS berets = PRICELESS!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #909
macman752
DIS Veteran

Well, all of this discussion about the upcoming ABD trip got to us. So, yesterday afternoon we headed over to HS to experience the east coast recreation of Hollywood.

After visiting Jim Henson, the Muppet*Vision 3-D holding area has new meaning. It looks like the studio area where Heather got her chance to become a Muppeteer!

The Great Movie Ride's Grauman's Theatre forecourt is a pretty faithful recreation of the real thing. And like Hollywood's recent rule change, not a single celebrity look-alike could be found.

We grabbed a bite to eat at the ABC Commissary and talked about our day at the Disney Studios.

We rode Tower of Terror 3 times. The theme change for the summer is pretty good. A portrait of each car's occupants is projected on the elevator doors just before the ride begins and again after it ends. The drops are much better. It is a great addition and I hope that Disney retains this feature after Summer Nightastic ends.

We were surprised how few people were at HS yesterday. We arrived about 5:30 and left at 9:30. In that time we rode the Great Movie Ride, saw Muppet*Vision 3-D, had something to eat, rode TOT, stopped for a snack, then rode TOT twice more. TOT was walk on all 3 times.
macman752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:22 AM   #910
kswm30b
DIS Veteran

I appologize in advance for hijacking your thread. I'm about a month behind in listening to the podcasts and recently listened to the ABD review, and my mom and I were kind of drooling listening to it. I had to go try to find the thread so I could look and some pics and such. I think I'll finish working through this thread in a few weeks!

Quote:
Also, you might notice I've lost 30 pounds in between that ABD and this one, you know, just if you notice, on your own, totally independant of me pointing it out --- objection! leading the witness --- What? Not me! hehe!
Lauren!! If I knew you were going, I think I would have tried to go on this trip! I would love to go next year (I'm already dying to go to Disneyland, and I think this would be perfect.) Anyway, I just sent you a PM.

OK, you can all have your thread back!

My Disney scrapbook albums: 2007 / 2003-2007 day trips / digital (14 trips, 2007-2012 layouts)

Pics of all the Characters I've met at Disney: I Love Characters!
kswm30b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:40 AM   #911
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman752 View Post
Well, all of this discussion about the upcoming ABD trip got to us. So, yesterday afternoon we headed over to HS to experience the east coast recreation of Hollywood.

After visiting Jim Henson, the Muppet*Vision 3-D holding area has new meaning. It looks like the studio area where Heather got her chance to become a Muppeteer!

The Great Movie Ride's Grauman's Theatre forecourt is a pretty faithful recreation of the real thing. And like Hollywood's recent rule change, not a single celebrity look-alike could be found.

We grabbed a bite to eat at the ABC Commissary and talked about our day at the Disney Studios.

We rode Tower of Terror 3 times. The theme change for the summer is pretty good. A portrait of each car's occupants is projected on the elevator doors just before the ride begins and again after it ends. The drops are much better. It is a great addition and I hope that Disney retains this feature after Summer Nightastic ends.

We were surprised how few people were at HS yesterday. We arrived about 5:30 and left at 9:30. In that time we rode the Great Movie Ride, saw Muppet*Vision 3-D, had something to eat, rode TOT, stopped for a snack, then rode TOT twice more. TOT was walk on all 3 times.
How fun! I am hopefully visiting in early September, and am wishing that the summer ToT drop sequence stays in place for a little while. I know that the published end date is August something, but hoping they keep it around for a little longer.

I love that observation about the Muppet holding area! Our hours at the Jim Henson studios will always be one of my best favorite experiences.
Circusgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #912
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswm30b View Post
I appologize in advance for hijacking your thread. I'm about a month behind in listening to the podcasts and recently listened to the ABD review, and my mom and I were kind of drooling listening to it. I had to go try to find the thread so I could look and some pics and such. I think I'll finish working through this thread in a few weeks!
Several of us did trip reports with pictures. The link to mine is my signature.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #913
kswm30b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
Several of us did trip reports with pictures. The link to mine is my signature.
Yours was the first one I read. I teared up a bit reading parts of it. I skimmed through Heather's, also, and recongized Frank & Cathy in one of the pics! We met them on the plane down to Disney for DAP! Small world.

My Disney scrapbook albums: 2007 / 2003-2007 day trips / digital (14 trips, 2007-2012 layouts)

Pics of all the Characters I've met at Disney: I Love Characters!
kswm30b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #914
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

Quote:
Yours was the first one I read. I teared up a bit reading parts of it. I skimmed through Heather's, also, and recongized Frank & Cathy in one of the pics! We met them on the plane down to Disney for DAP! Small world.
I remember that DIS encounter !!!

Frank
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #915
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lauren!! If I knew you were going, I think I would have tried to go on this trip! I would love to go next year (I'm already dying to go to Disneyland, and I think this would be perfect.) Anyway, I just sent you a PM.

OK, you can all have your thread back!
Heather! How FUN would that have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are planning another one coming up here soon, but I think they still have a couple of spots open. kevin@dreamsunlimtedtravel.com for info. If you can at all do it, you TOTALLY SHOULD! It was really, really, really uber awesome cool!
Are you at least going on the podcast cruise in Dec? I hope so!
Also, loading up at Mouse Scrappers is on my list! Thanks for the nudge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
How fun! I am hopefully visiting in early September, and am wishing that the summer ToT drop sequence stays in place for a little while. I know that the published end date is August something, but hoping they keep it around for a little longer.
Heather: Do you mean you'll be at DL in Sept?? Cause we'll be there for the race over Labor Day. Say you'll be there, say you'll be there, say you'll be there! Seeing you again would be so great!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: