Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #856
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

I think Tonya might need an assistant during DATW post-cruise. Looks like a large group will be meandering around World Showcase that night. We might have to get a few herders to keep the group intact.
So happy that you'll be joining us on the cruise
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #857
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokanemom View Post
That little birdie you speak of is well informed!

I am warning you all: I AM GOING ON THE CRUISE!!!!!

One of our ABDers had an opening in her stateroom and asked if I would like to share with her. I most certainly took her up on the offer.

So you can thank Tonya (or not, depending on your reaction...) for opening her door to me!
How did I miss this great news?!?!?!?!

Glad to have you aboard Alissa!!!!!

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 04/POR (Spring Break), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL (Magic) ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 07/DCL (Magic ~ Med) & Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #858
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

So now that we have Alissa and Jen and Bill, who else needst o get on the boat!?!?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #859
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Lauren,

Where did you rent your camera from for the ABD trip????? Bill has been trying for years to get me to get a new/better camera. However, I have been very stubborn with my very "simple" digital camera. I am coming to the realization that I need a better camera. Yes honey, YOU were right. We attended my Nephew's High School Graduation on Monday night and my pictures look terrible!

In regards to my Nephew, please keep him in your prayers as he is enlisting in the Marines. I can only assume, he will be heading to Afghanistan after basic training. This is the same Nephew we took to WDW this past February. I am glad we were able to let him have one last "fun and carefree" trip.

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 04/POR (Spring Break), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL (Magic) ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 07/DCL (Magic ~ Med) & Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #860
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Jennifer: Fingers cross for your nephew!

Camera place I found from rec on the Dis photography board!

http://www.lensrentals.com/

Very easy to deal with. Keep in mind, though, that I already shoot with a big camera and have taken classes at the local community college to learn how to use it. I just wanted bigger and better for our magical trip. I just don't want you to rent this thing and go off on vacation because you might not be able to use it! It's so worth learning though! You can do it! Plus you have Bill to help carry it. Or, as I like to call Jeri, "Pepe, my little mule." Name that old as heck movie!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #861
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Jennifer: Fingers cross for your nephew!

Camera place I found from rec on the Dis photography board!

http://www.lensrentals.com/

Very easy to deal with. Keep in mind, though, that I already shoot with a big camera and have taken classes at the local community college to learn how to use it. I just wanted bigger and better for our magical trip. I just don't want you to rent this thing and go off on vacation because you might not be able to use it! It's so worth learning though! You can do it! Plus you have Bill to help carry it. Or, as I like to call Jeri, "Pepe, my little mule." Name that old as heck movie!
I am willing to be called a mule if we can try a better camera sometime. Perhaps we need to wait until the kids get a little older so we would be more free to lug it around. Thanks for the link though Lauren as this gives us something to look into.

In terms of the movie quote, I admit I had to cheat and had to Bing the quote. Would it be "Romancing the Stone"?

- Bill

DisneyTaylors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #862
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Bill gets all the points!

The other nice thing about a super cool DSLR is the really awesome Mickey camera strap I found for it at Mouse Gear!

One thing to consider is it's really worth it for some things and kind of eh a PNS would be fine here with others. If you know in advance what you want to be doing, then less lugging. e.g. Any kind of inside show or It's a Small World, fireworks, hotel rooms, really anything at night, anything around the Christmas tree, inside churchs, sporting events, all better with DSLR. Just outside around the parks, it's easier with the PNS. On a normal trip to the World I sort of have a mental shot list of things I want to try to get, and once that's done I leave it in the hotel room and try to go more with the flow. Hope that helps!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #863
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Old 06-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #864
spokanemom
DIS Veteran

Jennifer, I am so sorry that you missed the news that I get to go on the cruise! I am very glad that I will get to see you all again!

Anyway about that camera... I debated about an DSLR too, but I like to carry my camera in my purse at all times. You NEVER know when that perfect shot is going to happen. Carrying a bunch of lenses and a big camera is not something that I want to do. I bought an Olympus that is kind of a hybrid point & shoot/SLR (SP-550UZ; it was a couple of years ago & there are newer models and different brands now) . I can just take pics with the preset functions, or I can adjust everything that a SLR can. I have awesome zoom that does not require an additional lens, but there are lenses that you can buy if you want extra stuff. Three days ago, while looking over our Sept cruise pics, my husband actually commented that he is really glad that I bought it. The pics are super clear and show amazing detail. I had a professional photographer take a look at it and he was really impressed with all the things it could do and not be an actual DSLR.

Now, I am honestly not pushing *my* camera, but I did want to let you know that there are options out there where you can still get the portability, the good shots, and the functionality that you might need.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program...

One child makes you a parent. Two children makes you a referee.
spokanemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #865
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Lauren - That last page is gorgeous! It makes it look like the castle was your honeymoon suite.

Alissa - I am SO GLAD you are coming on the cruise!

Jennifer - It is so worth getting a camera that performs the way you need it to, and as Alissa said, there are very sophisticated non-SLRs.

I am at Disneyland RIGHT NOW and missing you all VERY MUCH!!!!! It ain't the same without the posse...If only I had that transporter, we'd all be going to the premiere of World of Color together. I've got a view room at the Paradise Pier and I am looking down at the preparations for the big press event which is to be followed by a party in Paradise Pier which will also be in view. If only I had thought to bring my binoculars...The red carpet for the event is actually blue. The studios area is all decorated for "Glow Fest" (I keep imagining a congregation of fireflies) and the California letters in front of the park have vivid new colors.

There was a 4 am running of the show today for coverage on the east coast morning TV shows. I didn't try to get up to see it although I was awakened by an explosive "sploosh" sound right at 4 am. When I did get up this morning, the fountains and lights were doing what looked like WoC calisthenics which was a lovely accompaniment to coffee and cereal. I'm going to get room service and watch the back side of colored water tonight when they run the press show. I've got a dinner package tomorrow night at Ariel's grotto and will be attending the very first public show.

I've been trying to upload some photos to share, but the crappy hotel internet isn't up to that right now, so I'll try again later and hopefully be back with visuals.

Wish you were here!!!!!

Last edited by Circusgirl; 06-11-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #866
corky441

Heather, I don't know about anyone else from the group, but right now I am sooooo envious of you.
Missing you and looking forward getting back in touch on the cruise
Old 06-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #867
Carolinagal

Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, Heather, how wonderful!!!

I so look forward to your pictures - it sounds amazing and I would love to see it through your camera lens!

Have a wonderful time!!

Lynne

Visit my Disney blog HERE
Carolinagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #868
Carolinagal

Mouseketeer

Live stream!

http://www.ustream.tv/worldofcolor

Visit my Disney blog HERE
Carolinagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #869
tmli
Wants to be known as tmlh....

I miss you all SOOOO much!!! I am having serious vacation depression since our incredible trip!

I was thinking about the podcast cruise and wondering who is going to be in Disneyworld before the cruise?

Also I was thinking maybe we could link our reservations for dining so that we can sit together. What do you all think?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #870
corky441

Hi Tracey -

I think we're all in the same boat ( no pun intended ) in missing each other.

I don't know that I've been "depressed" but I am constantly checking out the boards to see who's around.
Dino & I won't be in WDW pre-cruise, but we are staying 3 nights post-cruise.

I believe a lot of us from the ABD trip are going on the cruise - We'll have to set up a time for a mini-ABD meet and photo op on the ship as soon as we find out when all the onboard activities are planned.

I talked to ASKTracey about dining and she said that the cruise line will have the DISers pretty much sitting with each other during both dinner rotations. If we want to get more specfic with our tablemates - I'm sure we'll be able to work that out with Tracey as the date gets closer.

It is going to be sooooooo wonderful to see everyone again

I think we're just going to have to plan an adventure together every year

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: