Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #766
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnut24 View Post
Am I the only one who was frustrated with this week's ABD podcast? Why devote an entire podcast to this trip if you don't want to talk about the details? I would certainly like to experience this some day but I'm sure it will never happen and I'm also sure that the vast majority of listeners are in the same boat as me. A regular podcast or email show with the whole team back at the round table for the first time in a month would have been great.

Are posters allowed to rant or should I prepare to be torched?
We did a regular podcast this week. The ABD show was in lieu of the email show.

The details were not discussed for a couple of reasons.

ABD likes to provide Magical Moments for their guests...those little unexpected "plusses" that make a guest say "wow". There were a couple on our trip and as the person who planned the trip...I was thrilled to be surprised.

The Magical Moments provided for our trip might not possible for each and every trip and telling listeners all of the special little touches that were added for us, might disappoint someone down the road who is waiting and expecting the exact same details.

As for the reason for doing an ABD show......we were very excited to talk about our trip, we did a Dis Board show last week and finally, emails were light this week.

There are only so many ways to discuss things you can do to make someone's birthday, anniversary, bar mitzvah, graduation, wedding etc "EXTRA" special at Disney World.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #767
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Quote:
Am I the only one who was frustrated with this week's ABD podcast? Why devote an entire podcast to this trip if you don't want to talk about the details? I would certainly like to experience this some day but I'm sure it will never happen and I'm also sure that the vast majority of listeners are in the same boat as me. A regular podcast or email show with the whole team back at the round table for the first time in a month would have been great.

I hope by now you've found the other podcast from this week, since the ABD one frustrated you.

If you want details from the trip and don't plan to take it in the future, several of us wrote or are writing trip reports. You can check mine out in the link in my signature. There are pictures too!

Last edited by Dodie; 05-14-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Dodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #768
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

I finally finished my Trip Report. Check it out HERE.

Jennifer

PS - Loved your Trip Reports Dodie and Anna. Great job!
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 09/Hawaii ~ Aulani or Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #769
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post

Jennifer

Jennifer....I just had to tell you, your trip report was AWESOME!
You should be a travel writer or something. It was really well written and fun to read.
I laughed, I cried, I felt like I was on the trip with you.

And I LOVED the podcast about the ABD trip. I've listened to it twice already. I totally understand why they left some things out, but being the "I can't wait until I actually go myself" kinda person that I am I knew I could come and read trip reports for more details.

Off to read Dodie's trip report.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:58 AM   #770
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
I hope by now you've found the other podcast from this week, since the ABD one frustrated you.

If you want details from the trip and don't plan to take it in the future, several of us wrote or are writing trip reports. You can check mine out in the link in my signature. There are pictures too!
The link to my report is in the bottom of my signature. I have tons of pictures too.

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
aspen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #771
georgemoe
Beverages? There were beverages?
Will always remember Norway (even if he did forget his wife)
AKA Señor Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post

Jennifer

Really great job on the trippy Jennifer. Looking forward to meeting you and Bill during 2.0.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #772
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

I just wanted to let you know that my Dad passed away this weekend. It was time and he was ready, and I know he is in a better place now. Of course, I wasn't ready, but I have to be content to know his spirit is young and free again. I went for a walk in the woods yesterday and could feel him in every tree and flower and the kiss of the wind.

Thank you all for your kind and loving support and prayers. You brought comfort to a tough time and I can't even express how much it meant to me.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #773
TheTXTaylors5

Heather,

Sorry to hear about your father. You're in my family's thoughts and prayers.

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 09/Hawaii ~ Aulani or Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 05-17-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #774
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
I just wanted to let you know that my Dad passed away this weekend. It was time and he was ready, and I know he is in a better place now. Of course, I wasn't ready, but I have to be content to know his spirit is young and free again. I went for a walk in the woods yesterday and could feel him in every tree and flower and the kiss of the wind.

Thank you all for your kind and loving support and prayers. You brought comfort to a tough time and I can't even express how much it meant to me.

We're never ready for it, but the peace of knowing that my Dad isn't suffering anymore is getting me by.
ImTooExcitedToSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #775
Carolinagal

Mouseketeer

Heather -

I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Visit my Disney blog HERE
Carolinagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #776
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Heather, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers during your time of loss.

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Tonya2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #777
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Heather -

Dino and I are so sorry to hear that your dad has passed away.

No matter how well "prepared" we are, we are never "prepared" for it...

I'm glad you could find some comfort during your walk. There are special places I can go to and feel my dad's presence - I may not see him with my eyes any longer, but I can see him with my heart forever.

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #778
macman752
DIS Veteran

Heather,

Sally and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Take comfort in knowing that your Dad is in a better place.
macman752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #779
TheTXTaylors5

Can someone please help me in regards to the Disney PhotoPass CD? Are there any other options for borders besides the ONE Backstage Magic in a blue circle emblem?????

If so, please help me in finding the additional borders for our ABD pics. Thanks!

Jennifer

Old 05-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #780
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

We are so sorry for everything you've gone through since our trip and, now, for your loss Heather. If you need us, you know where we are.

HUGS.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: