Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #721
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post
Anyone looking for carry-on bags for the cruise ...

I have a birthday in July. (Hint! Hint!)

Jennifer
Somebody sit on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #722
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Speaking of "borrowing"...

Thanks Tonya for scanning all of the pins, menus, stickers, etc. I found them by clicking on the Carolwood Pacific picture in your signature. I hope you don't mind that I downloaded them to save myself from having to scan too. (My hybrid photo album/scrapbook should be complete by this weekend.)
Old 05-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #723
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
Speaking of "borrowing"...

Thanks Tonya for scanning all of the pins, menus, stickers, etc. I found them by clicking on the Carolwood Pacific picture in your signature. I hope you don't mind that I downloaded them to save myself from having to scan too. (My hybrid photo album/scrapbook should be complete by this weekend.)
No problemo - that is why I left that photobucket album public. I've actually got a few more things to scan.

I was thinking of doing a shadow box for all the trinkets collected on our trip. Thought it might be a good way to display all the pins. Anyone done a shadow box before? I can't really find any good instructions on the internet. There a lot of "here is my shadow box" things but not any "this is how I stuck this in the box with this adhesive" info.

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Tonya2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #724
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post
No problemo - that is why I left that photobucket album public. I've actually got a few more things to scan.

I was thinking of doing a shadow box for all the trinkets collected on our trip. Thought it might be a good way to display all the pins. Anyone done a shadow box before? I can't really find any good instructions on the internet. There a lot of "here is my shadow box" things but not any "this is how I stuck this in the box with this adhesive" info.
I've not done it yet, but my idea is to have Jeri drill small holes for the pins to slide though. In the shadow box I have, it's all covered in something that velcro sticks to, so you just velcro the box and the item and then stick together. This does not work so much for the pins, so that leads to my hole idea.

Where is your photobucket account full of scanned items and how did I miss that?!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #725
Dodie
Survived the big crash

We have a couple of pin shadow boxes where we display our Disney pins. We bought a shadow box at Hobby Lobby. They usually have some sort of cardboard backing. I created a second backing of foam core that would fit inside the box, wrapped that foam core in black velvet and stuck the pins through it, slid it inside the box, then put the cardboard backing on the back. Make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Where is your photobucket account full of scanned items and how did I miss that?!
If you click on the Carolwood Pacific logo in Tonya's signature, it takes you to the Photobucket album where she has placed her scans.

Last edited by Dodie; 05-12-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Dodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #726
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Holy Awesome Batman! Tonya, You're the cat's pajamas! That makes things so much easier for me!

Thanks Dodie!

Last edited by stenogoddess; 05-12-2010 at 08:37 AM.
stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #727
Dodie
Survived the big crash

Oh! I need to tell you all that I had another ABD dream again last night. Seriously. What is UP with this?

In this dream Pete, Walter, John and Kevin were entertaining us with a SONG AND DANCE at the closing dinner. Seriously. Top hats, tails, tap dancing.

I almost wet myself laughing when I woke up. Phillip thought I was nuts. Maybe I am.

Last edited by Dodie; 05-12-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #728
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
We have a couple of pin shadow boxes where we display our Disney pins. We bought a shadow box at Hobby Lobby. They usually have some sort of cardboard backing. I created a second backing of foam core that would fit inside the box, wrapped that foam core in black velvet and stuck the pins through it, slid it inside the box, then put the cardboard backing on the back. Make sense?

If you click on the Carolwood Pacific logo in Tonya's signature, it takes you to the Photobucket album where she has placed her scans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Holy Awesome Batman! Tonya, You're the cat's pajamas! That makes things so much easier for me!

Thanks Dodie!
WOW - thank you Tonya, Lauren & Dodie - that saved me a lot of time. I don't have a scanner and I was going to try to take close-up pics of all the pins, etc
Fantastic

As far as the shadow box, for pins, I have used corkboard for the backing. The pins just stick in then and it's very easy to move them around.

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #729
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Oh - BTW

Did anyone see Pete's post yesterday morning on Facebook about another possible ABD-Backstage Magic trip this summer ???

I would do it again in a heartbeat - except for 2 things:

1. MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$
2. JOB - which I would loose if I left here in the middle of Summer

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #730
Dodie
Survived the big crash

There's an entire podcast today devoted to ABD!!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #731
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
There's an entire podcast today devoted to ABD!!!!
Prices for the summer ABD are outside of my range for just a couple months away.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #732
Dodie
Survived the big crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Prices for the summer ABD are outside of my range for just a couple months away.
I completely understand. That's pretty short notice.

Edited because I was wrong about pricing. I thought that this was less than we paid, but Kim indicates that it's more.

Last edited by Dodie; 05-12-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #733
tickledtink33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I completely understand. That's pretty short notice. (It is significantly less than we paid, however.)
Huh?

Our price was $2219 per person with no pre and post nights added. This tour is $2289 per person which is higher. I was very excited when I heard the announcement but the wind has been knocked out of my sails. I do not call this aggressive pricing. Since folks would have to pay the whole enchilada right away and the fact that travel is only 10.5 weeks, I think the pricing should be much better. This is just my opinion. I was seriously considereing going as I planned on doing the tour again next year but the fact that the tour is not currently a guaranteed go and the price is holding me back. Anyone who books needs to get their airfare now. If we have to wait until next month to know for sure the ticket prices will most likely go higher. I am in wait mode right now.

tickledtink33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #734
macman752
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klam_chowder View Post
Catching up too...

Dave - what did your daughter think of the cute glitter T that Sally picked out?

cheers,
She loves it!
macman752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #735
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickledtink33 View Post
Huh?

Our price was $2219 per person with no pre and post nights added. This tour is $2289 per person which is higher. I was very excited when I heard the announcement but the wind has been knocked out of my sails. I do not call this aggressive pricing. Since folks would have to pay the whole enchilada right away and the fact that travel is only 10.5 weeks, I think the pricing should be much better. This is just my opinion. I was seriously considereing going as I planned on doing the tour again next year but the fact that the tour is not currently a guaranteed go and the price is holding me back. Anyone who books needs to get their airfare now. If we have to wait until next month to know for sure the ticket prices will most likely go higher. I am in wait mode right now.
I would love to go and be able to notice all the stuff I didn't get a chance to notice the first time around but the pricing is too high for less than 2 months away.

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Tonya2426 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: