Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #76
Rebecca924
Earning My Ears

All of these upgrades sound awesome.

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach and chose not to pay extra for a pirate room (we have 2 boys but this was a quick trip and we were trying to save some $).

Don't know how or why, but when we walked into the room they gave us - it was a PIRATE themed room! May not sound like much - but it made the entire trip for our 8 year old - he was one VERY happy little boy.

Also - this isn't an upgrade, but my older son is an avid pin trader. A few years back he saw a pin he REALLY liked but didn't have any traders left. He thought and thought about it and finally traded the CM one of the pins he really liked for the one she had. She traded with him and then put his pin back in his hand (so he got to keep his original pin). He was SO incredibly happy - I almost cried. It was very sweet. She made his entire trip!

We have been blessed to have so many special experiences at Disney - and I love hearing about yours, too!
Rebecca924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #77
dukiephi
Mouseketeer

Resort: GF
Upgraded to: MK View
4 y/o DD's birthday
MK view was awesome!!
2014 GF TPV 11/15 - 11/22
2013 GF 11/30 - 12/6 TPV for DD's 7th birthday
2012 GF 12/7 - 12/16 for DD's 6th birthday
2011 GF 12/11 - 12/17 with DxDDP - Sister's First Trip to WDW and DD's 5th Birthday Trip
2010 GF 12/12-12/17 - First time on site and DxDDP (and DD's 4th birthday)
2009 Off site at Hyatt ~ MNSSHP ~ DD's 1st trip!
2007 Off site at Hilton DTD ~ MVMCP and 1st trip!

I love Disney!!!
dukiephi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #78
WendyWuWu
Mouseketeer

I'd all but given up on ever getting an upgrade, but when we checked in to the Wilderness Lodge in September, 2010, we were told there weren't any rooms available yet. They took my cell phone number and told us they'd message us as soon as a room became available. We'd barely made it out of the lobby to Roaring Forks for a quick lunch before we received the message that our room was ready. We went straight there expecting a "Woods View" as we'd booked. We were pleasantly surprised to find a forth floor "Courtyard View" in the "bear's face"....looking straight out over the main pool toward the lake. It was awesome!
WendyWuWu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #79
hannahmaesmom
Earning My Ears

Major pixie dust

My husband and I checked into Beach Club this weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We had booked a standard garden view, but upon check in, we were shocked to find out we had been upgraded to club level with a perfect boardwalk view! OMG!!! It was awesome!
hannahmaesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #80
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Lovely to read people having some great upgrades.In my 10 trips never been fortunate to have anything regardless of numerous special occasions. DD first trip my 30th birthday getting married there our anniversary(now divorced) and my 40th last year and DB first trip. Still they cannot upgrade everyone but I still hope one day we may get a little pixi dust our way. Its great just to be there and we have always got what we paid for and if we do get an upgrade like so many it will be a nice touch. Doing our first DC in november and got a GTY 9a for a lower price than an inside so that to me is pixie dust.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #81
cwooten2006
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheaded Sunshine View Post
-Resort AKL
-Upgraded from: Regular room
-Upgraded to: Savannah view room
-Special occasion (if any) DD's 4th birthday

I was so excited I cried a little Then again I cry at Disney commercials, so this isn't saying much
I'm willing to bet that would be how I reacted too. I'd be crying like a baby. I was watching a YouTube video earlier of the new "The Magic, The Memories, and You! show at Magic Kingdom" and the tears started flowing! It's just that I absolutely Disney .

Everyone keeps asking why my husband and I chose to go to Disney - in 12 days, woo hoo! - for our 5th anniversary, especially since we're going to be back there March 18th for 9 days with the kids, my mom (1st trip for her since 1985!), and my oldest sister. The honest truth is I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be.

We're splurging for our first ever stay at a deluxe for our anniversary trip - the Polynesian. We booked the only room in our budget - a garden view - and I know I'll love that too. But while I don't expect more, and honestly won't be disappointed if we get exactly what we reserved, I'll sure appreciate any Pixie Dust that is sprinkled our way. I already consider myself to be blessed with an abundance of Pixie Dust for getting to visit WDW twice this year!

I'm so happy for everyone who has received all these magical upgrades over the years. Congrats to you all!
Summer 1985 - Offsite, March 2007 - POR (1st trip for hubby & kids!), March 2008 - CBR, December 2008-January 2009 - POR, February 2011 - 5th Anniversary trip to the Polynesian , March 2011 - Booked at POR (will be my mom's first trip since 1985!)

cwooten2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #82
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

All of these upgrades make hope and pray for some pixie dust with our upcoming honeymoon! Although we'll still be happy staying at CSR!

*BUMP*
Old 02-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #83
MamaDawg
Livin' the Disney dream

I LOVE reading all these wonderful reports of pixie dust magic!! It makes a girl hopeful that it can still happen to us. We're off to the World next month (March) and we're actually celebrating 2 big things on this trip----Our 10th anniversary AND my son's 6th birthday!!
My fingers are crossed and I'm not requesting anything special just in case. *wink* The good thing is that no matter if the pixie dust abounds or not, we'll still have a fantastic time.

Dad Mom DD(7) DS(5)
1995, 1998, 2004, Feb '08, Feb '09--offsite, Feb '10-CBR, Mar '11-CBR
MamaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #84
Lyndsey
Mouseketeer

Resort Pop Century
upgraded to Old key west
during Easter

Super excited the Old Key West has the best Easter egg hunt!!
Lyndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #85
WendyWuWu
Mouseketeer

As I said earler, I was soooooo happy when we were upgraded from a woods view to a great courtyard view at the WL last September. However, for those upset that they've never received an upgrade, I have a story for you. We PAID for a King room at CBR several years ago and when we got there, they "didn't have any more King rooms"....so my 6'5'' DH and I spent an entire week in a double bed. So....I figure our upgrade was karma finding her way to our lives to make up for the major screw up made by CBR several years ago.
WendyWuWu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #86
klacey1
DIS Veteran

We paid for a regular room at POR and requested a room in Oak Manor. Definitely not disappointed when we got a king bed, preferred room location in AB Building 15!! We could honestly take or leave the king bed, but we LOVED the location of the room. So close to the main building/bus stop!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #87
sammysmom
Mouseketeer

I just love reading all of the Pixie Dust stories! We haven't ever received an upgrade either in all the years we've been going, but can always hope that one day we'll get our Pixie Dust moment!!
1996-Offsite, 1998-All Star Music, 2003-All Star Movies, 2005-All Star Movies, 2006-All Star Movies, 2007-Pop Century, 2008-Pop Century, 2009-Pop Century,2010-Beach Club Resort, 2011- Beach Club Resort, 2012- Yacht Club,2013-Beach Club,2014-Beach Club

sammysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 AM   #88
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Last trip, the magic started when my fiancee and I were upgraded to first class on our flight down free of charge (it always helps to be nice to people and not expect anything in return)!

When we checked into the Wilderness Lodge, we were upgraded from Standard view to Courtyard view without even asking! No special occasions, just a happy couple getting some unexpected good news from a very nice CM!

And yes, it was a great trip!
roydavid7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:52 AM   #89
dairyqueenmom
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.

We were booked in a standard view studio at BWV and when we checked in we had been upgraded to a Canal View 1 bedroom. It was to celebrate our Anniversary. It was wonerful to have a jacuzzi tub, on our mommy & daddy getaway!
1995 Disneymoon Dixie Landings, 1998 Off Site, 2000 Off Site, 2001 Disney Magic, 2004 CB, 2005 Disney Magic, 2006 ASMOV, 2007 ASMU, May 2008 AKV Our 1st trip Home, Sept. 2008 BWV Mommy and Daddy Get Away, Jan. 2009 AKV 40th Birthday Trip, Aug. 2009 Vero/AKV, Oct. 2009 Mom & Dad Annual Get Away BWV, August 2010 Summer Family Vacation AKV, August 2011 BCV/AKV Summer Family Vacation, December 2011 Solo Trip MVMCP, February 2012 Princess 1/2 Marathon Poly w/sister, July 2012 Summer Family Vacation Marriot Royal Palms & AKV, Feb. 2013 Princess 1/2 Marathon POR w/sister, July 2013 Summer Vacation AKV & Ft. Pierce Beach
DH Me DD16 DD14 DS10 DS10: Oberon
dairyqueenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #90
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

First week March 2011

-Resort- SWAN

-Upgraded from: Std room-2 queens

-Upgraded to: Preferred floor (11th) King with sofa

-Special occasion (if any)-Just joined their Starwood Rewards

And-they forgot to charge me for a week's parking
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote