Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #1051
Dynamoliz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Yes they have postcards. Not cheap though. They even have stamps!

https://www.universalorlando.com/Mer...e-Postage.html

https://www.universalorlando.com/Mer...onery_Set.html

Make sure you have them stamp them in the Owl Post

http://www.jaunted.com/files/6193/2Hogsmeadestamp.jpg
Those postcards are perfect! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and send those links. I know some people who will get a real kick out of receiving those cards in the mail with the Hogsmeade postmark on them! Thanks again!
Dynamoliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #1052
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamoliz View Post
Those postcards are perfect! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and send those links. I know some people who will get a real kick out of receiving those cards in the mail with the Hogsmeade postmark on them! Thanks again!
You may want to consider bringing your own postage from home though, unless you really want the Harry Potter postage stamps. From what I remember they cost around $20 for a sheet of them.

There is a (or at least was a year ago) a vending machine in the large gift shop near the front of Port of Entry where you can buy stamps. It still costs several dollars though. Last time we went I just brought my own stamps from home.

Oh! And there's a mailbox right outside Port of Entry (on your right as you're leaving I believe) where you can mail your postcards if you want to take them back to your room and write on them, post them, and then mail them later, rather than trying to fill them out during your Wizarding World time. You can just buy them in the Owl Post and get them stamped with the Owl Post mark on your way out of the park and then bring them back to mail on your way in the next morning. It worked out well for us doing it that way.

Have fun!

March 2014- YES! Spring Break at the dark side!!! WooHoo!
Sept/Oct 2012- 3 Nights @ RPR Grownups only for my (BIG) Birthday Weekend!!!
May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Nov 2009- Our first official family visit to the world! (6 nights at AKL!!)
Momw/aplan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #1053
Dynamoliz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momw/aplan View Post
You may want to consider bringing your own postage from home though, unless you really want the Harry Potter postage stamps. From what I remember they cost around $20 for a sheet of them.

There is a (or at least was a year ago) a vending machine in the large gift shop near the front of Port of Entry where you can buy stamps. It still costs several dollars though. Last time we went I just brought my own stamps from home.

Oh! And there's a mailbox right outside Port of Entry (on your right as you're leaving I believe) where you can mail your postcards if you want to take them back to your room and write on them, post them, and then mail them later, rather than trying to fill them out during your Wizarding World time. You can just buy them in the Owl Post and get them stamped with the Owl Post mark on your way out of the park and then bring them back to mail on your way in the next morning. It worked out well for us doing it that way.

Have fun!
Thanks Mom w/APlan All good info. Unfortunately I'm coming from Canada so bringing stamps from home won't help! I don't think I'll have an opportunity to buy stamps outside of the park before we have our WWOHP day although that would be a suggestion for others. I am going to print out address labels before I leave so I don't have to write them by hand on the day, only need to write a short hello and then post. I figure I can do this when the family is on the rides I don't do ... coasters! FOUR MORE SLEEPS!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #1054
Dynamoliz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momw/aplan View Post

Have fun!
Me again, with my postcard questions. Seems pretty trivial. You can tell we're down to THREE sleeps when there is nothing left to plan or question more interesting than stamps. I checked out those stamps that Mom w/A Plan gave the link for and noticed they are .46 which made me think that is probably for mailing w/in the US, and all my cards are going to Canada. Sooooo I checked the US postal site and yup, I'll require $1.10 postage per card so yeah, no way I'm buying those sheets of Hogwarts stamps that cost $15... I need two! I would if I had to, but I'd rather spend the money on something else! I will be landing the night before we go to WWOHP, is there somewhere open at night that sells stamps ... in Canada we can get them at Shoppers Drugmart, so thinking maybe somewhere in US sells them after hours too.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #1055
MIChessGuy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamoliz View Post
I will be landing the night before we go to WWOHP, is there somewhere open at night that sells stamps ... in Canada we can get them at Shoppers Drugmart, so thinking maybe somewhere in US sells them after hours too.
The 24-hour Walgreens at 6201 International Drive sells stamp booklets. This location is at I-Drive and Universal Blvd., very close to the Universal parks. However, I'd assume that they sell books of first-class stamps only and not postcard stamps. My experience has been that you need to visit an official U.S. Post Office or Post Office "substation" (as opposed to just a retailer that carries stamps) in order to get the specific stamp denomination that you require. Still, if you can get by with 46-cent stamps, the Walgreens does have convenience going for it.
MIChessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #1056
Dynamoliz
Earning My Ears

Thanks Michess Guy ... even if I have to put 3 x .46 stamps on per card I am still saving money over buying the stamps from Universal. This seems like my best option so far.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #1057
ladeedeb
Mouseketeer

WalMart

I believe the WalMart SuperCenters, of which there are at least a couple not faraway, sell stamp booklets. If they don't have them at the checkouts, you may need to go to customer service to get them, but they should have them. If you will need $1.10 per postcard, you might as well use the regular stamps and not postcard stamps anyway. You will just need to put multiples and will end up spending a little more than the $1.10 per card. Have a great trip!
ladeedeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #1058
Dynamoliz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladeedeb View Post
I believe the WalMart SuperCenters, of which there are at least a couple not faraway, sell stamp booklets. If they don't have them at the checkouts, you may need to go to customer service to get them, but they should have them. If you will need $1.10 per postcard, you might as well use the regular stamps and not postcard stamps anyway. You will just need to put multiples and will end up spending a little more than the $1.10 per card. Have a great trip!
Hurrah. This works out well as we plan to hit Walmart after we land for bottled water etc. And yes, I was just going to stick 3x.46 on the cards as it is not worth the bother for a few cents to take time out of our vacay to track down a US Postal office. I'd just forget about sending postcards if that was the case.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #1059
steve3
Earning My Ears

I hope someone can answer this question. We are staying at Disney and busing over to Universal. I want to buy a lot of merchandise from WWOHP. Does anyone know if the park has a way to ship it home for me? I heard Universal will ship it for a fee but I don't know if its true or where to go in the park. Help please.
steve3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #1060
gabbyb
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what the crowd levels are like at IoA and Wizarding World in mid-October (not a Halloween party night)? We're trying to decide which day we want to do IoA (staying on-site at Disney all week).

Thanks!
gabbyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #1061
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyb View Post
Does anyone know what the crowd levels are like at IoA and Wizarding World in mid-October (not a Halloween party night)? We're trying to decide which day we want to do IoA (staying on-site at Disney all week).

Thanks!
For mid October, Monday and Tuesday would be fine for both parks for day guests.
I am at the dark side now and wait times are good for regular lines.
I am staying onsite and express this afternoon had no wait's really.
He'll week begins on the 16th and more will be in the parks then.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #1062
spotretun
Earning My Ears

)))
spotretun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:04 AM   #1063
monty
DIS Veteran

I am a ride chicken as well as terrified of spiders. Will probably use chicken exit.

If you have an express pass do you still go through the main queue? Is the castle tour a separate attraction or is that just the name of the queuing area?

Also, any other ride chickens who rode this (and lived to tell the tale) who could share there feelings? Would you do it again?

Any comparisons to WDW rides?
2005 WDW: Wilderness Lodge
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2010 Disneyland Paris

WDW and Disneyland on the one trip!
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #1064
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

There's no express pass for that ride, but the castle tours allows you too see almost everything in the regular queue without the wait.
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #1065
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

I tried doing a search, but it doesn't seem to come up -- so forgive me if this is answered somewhere in this thread. But does anyone know when the addition to the HP park is opening? Thanks

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
May 2015 -- HAL Statendam -- 14-night Alaska Cruise R/T from Seattle
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: