Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #1006
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkofSunshine View Post
3). If your camera doesn't fit in a pocket, it will need to be stored in a locker. If you go on the Castle Tour you'll be able to bring your camera with you.
I have a camera case that slips onto a belt. Would I be able to take that with me, or would I need to put it in the locker?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #1007
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
I have a camera case that slips onto a belt. Would I be able to take that with me, or would I need to put it in the locker?
I have not had a problem doing this. Though I will say my shirt was untucked and may have inadvertently obscured the case from view.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 06:48 AM   #1008
Aljo
Mouseketeer

what time to arrive - early arrival from 7am -8 am

Staying onsite, early hours in August for HP are from 7 am - 8am. Is it necessary to get to IOA before 7am? I read that Ollivanders should be done first and then FJ, do you all agree?
Aljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #1009
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljo View Post
Staying onsite, early hours in August for HP are from 7 am - 8am. Is it necessary to get to IOA before 7am? I read that Ollivanders should be done first and then FJ, do you all agree?
Unless something has changed, Ollivander's first. It simply can't handle people as fast as FJ can. The earlier you arrive, the less wait for O's.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #1010
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Definitely do Ollivanders first as the line is slow moving but it grows very quickly. I think the earlier you can arrive in line the better. Along with onsite and partner hotel package guests to deal with, you will also have passholders who are allowed early entry this summer so it will be a lot more crowded than usual.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #1011
Aljo
Mouseketeer

Thank you! We will definitely do Ollivanders first. How far is FJ from Ollivanders exit? what's the best and quickest way to get to the FJ line from Ollivanders?

There is no way for us to bypass the lockers as I have a pretty bulky camera and will need to check it. Hope I don't waste too much time doing this. I also don't want to do single rider (esp. if castle tour is closed) as i want to experience the inside of the castle........so how much of a wait can I expect at FJ? Arriving at park hopefully by 6:30 - 6:45am, (yikes, we are not morning people!! but will have to be for HP) going to Ollivanders first, what is that about a 5-10 min "show"? I'm guessing we should be on line for FJ about 7:20am or so, does that sound about right?

I know someone answered me in a prior post that there is now one line for FJ and lockers so do the people that need lockers get off that line, put their stuff in lockers and then go back on the same line? Won't people think I am cutting the line? Maybe I'm just dense and not understanding this clearly, sorry!

Thanks so much for your assistance, you guys are the best
Aljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #1012
mesaboy2

Quote:
Thank you! We will definitely do Ollivanders first. How far is FJ from Ollivanders exit? what's the best and quickest way to get to the FJ line from Ollivanders?

There is no way for us to bypass the lockers as I have a pretty bulky camera and will need to check it. Hope I don't waste too much time doing this. I also don't want to do single rider (esp. if castle tour is closed) as i want to experience the inside of the castle........so how much of a wait can I expect at FJ? Arriving at park hopefully by 6:30 - 6:45am, (yikes, we are not morning people!! but will have to be for HP) going to Ollivanders first, what is that about a 5-10 min "show"? I'm guessing we should be on line for FJ about 7:20am or so, does that sound about right?

I know someone answered me in a prior post that there is now one line for FJ and lockers so do the people that need lockers get off that line, put their stuff in lockers and then go back on the same line? Won't people think I am cutting the line? Maybe I'm just dense and not understanding this clearly, sorry!

Thanks so much for your assistance, you guys are the best
You have almost direct line-of-sight between O's and FJ. Follow your eyes during the two-minute walk between the two.

If you make the first O's show, I think 7:20a for FJ sounds about right. I'd estimate O's lasts just under 10 minutes. Regardless of a down-to-the-minute projection, you almost certainly won't have a long wait at FJ at that time of morning.

As for lockers, yes--and since enough people will be doing the same as you I wouldn't worry about others' perceptions.

Last edited by mesaboy2; 05-31-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #1013
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

We've just decided to spend a day at US/IoA! I know it's not enough time to do EVERYTHING, but there are certain things we will for sure be doing! Like WWoHP!

How much is a butterbeer now? And in a mug?

Does the Three Broomsticks still sell the leek and potato soup?
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #1014
Martini35
Earning My Ears

Harry Potter's birthday

My DD is excited because we will be in WWOHP on Harry Potter's birthday (July 31). Do they do anything special to celebrate the character's birthday?

Counting down to first on site trip...July 29-Aug 8th C

DH DS(20) DD (17) DD (15)
Martini35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #1015
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
We've just decided to spend a day at US/IoA! I know it's not enough time to do EVERYTHING, but there are certain things we will for sure be doing! Like WWoHP!

How much is a butterbeer now? And in a mug?

Does the Three Broomsticks still sell the leek and potato soup?
Regular Butterbeer is $3.29. Frozen is $4.29. Leek and Potato Soup with a side salad is $6.99 according to Touringplans.com. I believe the souvenir stein runs around $10.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #1016
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
Regular Butterbeer is $3.29. Frozen is $4.29. Leek and Potato Soup with a side salad is $6.99 according to Touringplans.com. I believe the souvenir stein runs around $10.
Awesome, thank you! I cannot wait to go back, and see everything, but especially to try the butterbeer again!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #1017
carps09
Norway's spirit always has been, and always will be, adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini35 View Post
My DD is excited because we will be in WWOHP on Harry Potter's birthday (July 31). Do they do anything special to celebrate the character's birthday?
We were there on Harry Potter's birthday 2 years ago after it first opened. I was surprised to find they didn't do ANYTHING for it at all! (And it was Harry's 30th birthday, too...now you know I'm a HP fan

I asked a few employees about it and just got a bunch of shrugged shoulders.
carps09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #1018
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

Hi there, was just curious, I know they are doing all the expansion in Orlando to be done next summer, very excited, was also wondering, has anyone heard anyting about the Hollywood version, I have heard that it might house The Great Hall and you might be able to eat there, if that is the case, might have to make a trip back to CA?? Was just curious as to what other people have heard???
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #1019
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjusoioa View Post
Hi there, was just curious, I know they are doing all the expansion in Orlando to be done next summer, very excited, was also wondering, has anyone heard anyting about the Hollywood version, I have heard that it might house The Great Hall and you might be able to eat there, if that is the case, might have to make a trip back to CA?? Was just curious as to what other people have heard???
Not much is heard around here for the CA expansion. You might want to check on Screamscape or ask this question on the DIS in this section:

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
Old 07-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #1020
TEK224

Never gets tired of hearing "You're going to Disney again?!"

I haven't been to USF since before IOA and Citywalk was built. Also, not much of a Harry Potter fan. However, I will be taking 14 & 16 y/o niece & nephew in late Aug. Nephew is HUGE HP fan! We're going to stay on site to use early access and express pass. Will crowds be an issue in late Aug. I know most of schools in the South are back in session then, so just trying to plan our time. We'll be at Universal on a Thurs. & Fri. before heading to WDW.

What exactly is butterbeer? Everyone talks about it. What does it taste like?
Also, any recommendations for where to eat in the parks? Counter or sit-down doesn't matter as long as it's decent food.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: