Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #841
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,753

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
Will the WWoHP be decorated for the Christmas season.
I don't remember much in the way of Christmas decorations there in past years--maybe wreaths on doors or something similar--pretty understated if they're there at all.

Seuss Landing goes all out, as does parts of the Studios, but that's all I recall.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #842
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
I really liked my choc cauldron... didnt eat my frog he is still in the box anyone tried that pumpkin tart?
I LOVE the pumpkin tart! Can not wait to have it again in Sept. for my birthday. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

__________________

March 2014- YES! Spring Break at the dark side!!! WooHoo!
Sept/Oct 2012- 3 Nights @ RPR Grownups only for my (BIG) Birthday Weekend!!!
May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Nov 2009- Our first official family visit to the world! (6 nights at AKL!!)
Momw/aplan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #843
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!
 
jessrose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,855

that looks great! i will give it a try
__________________
Jessica & Adam 2014-Babymoon 2012-MK/WWOHP/PCC 4.0 2012-London/Normandy/Paris/DLRP 2010-AKV/PCC 2.0 2010-Pop! 2009-ASMu 2008-ASMu 2007-Offsite 2006-Offsite+ RCCL 2004-DLRP Honeymoon

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #844
elovell
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 125

We are staying onsite. For us Ollivanders would be neat, but FJ is a must. Which would you head to first? We plan to try to make EE, but due to time differences, I may have difficulty motivating my DH to get there that early. What would be the next best time to go? Does HHN have any effect on crowds here? We will be going Oct. 18-20. Which day would you recommend to hit the HP attractions?
elovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #845
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,832

since you are staying on site, use the early entry.

your waits for fj are less when the park first opens and the last hour the park is open.

if you have never been to UO/parry hotter, i would imagine that the first morning you are there, you would hit parry hotter.....
or in the evening of when you check into the hotel.

ollivanders line grows as the day goes on.

do one morning for ollivander and another morning/evening for fj.




hhn is at the studios, this does not effect ioa.

studios will close at 5:00 on the evenings hhn is happening.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #846
elovell
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
hhn is at the studios, this does not effect ioa.

studios will close at 5:00 on the evenings hhn is happening.[/I]
It was wishful thinking that the IOA would empty for everyone to go to HHN. Probably not going to happen though
elovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #847
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

Where does one find the pumpkin tart? Does it taste like pumpkin pie? Also, I know they can send your purchases to your on-site resort from IOA and I assume US too but does that hold true for purchases from Honeydukes? We'll be there in December so it's not like the chocolate would melt or anything I would like to not have to purchase a locker to store candy....

I was also wondering what time it got dark. I'm sure that seems like a silly question but IOA closes at 8pm but we'll be leaving close to 7:30. Will it be dark enough to see Hogwart's in all its lit up glory? Our flight arrives at 10:40 am so I'm not counting on arriving to RPR until closer to noon.....we have 1:15pm lunch reservations at Mythos then plan to do the tour line at FJ then the rest of IOA and possibly Universal before returning to WWoHP later in the early evening. Planning on seeing Blue Man Group at 9pm then getting a restful night's sleep so we will be ready for early entrance to WWoHP the next morning.......will do Ollivander's first thing followed by FJ.

We can't wait!
__________________
ksromack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #848
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,832

how did you get to have your pic taken by the trophy?
i was born a Cardinal fan.



in staying on topic, you should be able to see parry hotter ville lit up that evening if your vacation is in later october on.


yes, your packages from honey dukes can be sent up front to be held for you or you can have it delivered to your hotel room.
if you go the route of hotel room, it will be delivered the next day.

__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #849
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
how did you get to have your pic taken by the trophy?
i was born a Cardinal fan.

in staying on topic, you should be able to see parry hotter ville lit up that evening if your vacation is in later october on.

yes, your packages from honey dukes can be sent up front to be held for you or you can have it delivered to your hotel room.
if you go the route of hotel room, it will be delivered the next day.

Oh, me too! I went to my first Cardinal game in 1970....I collected baseball cards for many years They have the World Series trophy from 2011 on display at the stadium, at least they did when we went to this game in early June. You just have to wait in a line and they take your photo and will also take one with your camera! Obviously they want you to buy theirs I had to convert hubby......he's an Indian's fan (from NE Ohio).....

Will they deliver to your resort in the early morning? We'll have to check out at the normal time then will be on our way to WDW (after getting our fill of WWoHP at early entry).
__________________
ksromack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #850
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Oh, me too! I went to my first Cardinal game in 1970....I collected baseball cards for many years They have the World Series trophy from 2011 on display at the stadium, at least they did when we went to this game in early June. You just have to wait in a line and they take your photo and will also take one with your camera! Obviously they want you to buy theirs I had to convert hubby......he's an Indian's fan (from NE Ohio).....

Will they deliver to your resort in the early morning? We'll have to check out at the normal time then will be on our way to WDW (after getting our fill of WWoHP at early entry).
if you are checking out the next day, don't use the hotel delivery system.
the merch you buy the night/day before isn't delivered until about noontime the next day.

do the merch hold for the front of the park.
your items will be sent to the front main store.
they do not do this service if the park closes within the hour.

you will be given a ticket stub to show in order to claim your purchases that are on hold.

two times i lost my ticket stub.
i had to talk to the TM, show her an id and describe what was in the bags before i could get them.

now i suggest everyone should take a picture of that ticket claim stub in case you use it.
show the pic to the TM .........that is in case you lost the stub.


i still am unhappy about Pujols.........
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #851
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Where does one find the pumpkin tart? Does it taste like pumpkin pie? Also, I know they can send your purchases to your on-site resort from IOA and I assume US too but does that hold true for purchases from Honeydukes? We'll be there in December so it's not like the chocolate would melt or anything I would like to not have to purchase a locker to store candy....

I was also wondering what time it got dark. I'm sure that seems like a silly question but IOA closes at 8pm but we'll be leaving close to 7:30. Will it be dark enough to see Hogwart's in all its lit up glory? Our flight arrives at 10:40 am so I'm not counting on arriving to RPR until closer to noon.....we have 1:15pm lunch reservations at Mythos then plan to do the tour line at FJ then the rest of IOA and possibly Universal before returning to WWoHP later in the early evening. Planning on seeing Blue Man Group at 9pm then getting a restful night's sleep so we will be ready for early entrance to WWoHP the next morning.......will do Ollivander's first thing followed by FJ.

We can't wait!
The pumpkin tart is in Honeydukes, along with the chocolate cauldron cakes (tied with the tarts for my absolute favorite things to eat in Wizarding World). And yes, the tarts do taste a lot like pumpkin pie only better. I'm not sure what makes them better... maybe the pastry/whipped cream to filling ratio, or maybe it's just magic. Whatever it is, I can't get enough of them when I'm there.
__________________

March 2014- YES! Spring Break at the dark side!!! WooHoo!
Sept/Oct 2012- 3 Nights @ RPR Grownups only for my (BIG) Birthday Weekend!!!
May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Nov 2009- Our first official family visit to the world! (6 nights at AKL!!)
Momw/aplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #852
smull1982
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14

Harry Potter

Thanks for all the wonderful information. I'm looking forward to the pumpkin tart! My question is about the entrance to WWOHP. Can you get there from JP or do you have to go through Seuss Landing? Thanks


Only 6 weeks left to go before our US/IOA vacation!
smull1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #853
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,753

Quote:
Originally Posted by smull1982 View Post
Thanks for all the wonderful information. I'm looking forward to the pumpkin tart! My question is about the entrance to WWOHP. Can you get there from JP or do you have to go through Seuss Landing? Thanks


Only 6 weeks left to go before our US/IOA vacation!
The south entrance is from Lost Continent actually, between Seuss Landing and WWoHP. The more impressive entrance is from LC since it takes you through Hogsmeade first and then does the Hogwarts reveal, but JP works too.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #854
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!
 
JessicaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 15,825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momw/aplan View Post
I LOVE the pumpkin tart! Can not wait to have it again in Sept. for my birthday. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

That looks delicious!
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #855
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momw/aplan

I LOVE the pumpkin tart! Can not wait to have it again in Sept. for my birthday. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
How did I miss THAT tart on my first trip last October??? I came over to this thread to get more hyped for my 2nd visit!!! And I'm so glad I did! We pan to go to Potter a week from today!! I'm still a little worried about going on a weekend, but I think that's what people here recommended! Can anyone give me any reassurances? Or any other secrets I might have missed last time?
__________________
Kathymford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: