Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #826
Nasscar159
Earning My Ears

Would a wand break by just slashing it around, even if it doesn't hit anything?
Nasscar159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #827
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasscar159 View Post
Would a wand break by just slashing it around, even if it doesn't hit anything?
It is basically a skinny resin stick. You wouldn't think it would break just by slashing it around.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #828
jadeoracle
Earning My Ears

Honeydukes Candy

Hi! I've been lurking this board for a few months, but am just about to leave on vacation. (I'm headed to Costa Rica first, followed by two days at Universal). I was wondering what are people's favorite and least favorite candy at Honeydukes? I've heard some of the candy is poor quality and bad tasting, and for the prices that I've seen I'd like to know what (if any) of the candy do you guys recommend?

I will getting chocolate frogs and cauldron cakes But am lost beyond that.
jadeoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #829
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

the cauldron cake i had last year was dry.
don't know if anyone else experienced that.

the chocolate frogs are good.
instead of buying them at parry hotter, i buy mine at jelly belly.
it's much cheaper then.

but, you can't go wrong on the chocolate frogs.

have fun on both locations on your vacation!

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #830
SnapesGirl
Mouseketeer

We really liked the Lemon Drops - the ones in the glass container, not the one you can buy by the pound (for some reason those are not as good). I actually didn't like the chocolate frogs. The packaging is cool and you get a card, but the chocolate itself tasted like that cheap Easter egg chocolate.

May 2014 - Art of Animation ; April 2012 - Offsite; September 2011 - Offsite; April 2011 - Offsite; May 2001 - Offsite; September 1999 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
SnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #831
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i've heard others say the chocolate frogs have that palmer easter candy taste.
i had that impression with the ones when they first came out, but last year i didn't.

guess i just got lucky.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #832
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

Hello everyone,
what a wonderful thread full with so much info
We are Universal newbies and going there next week Reading all the posts, seems that we are going there the busiest days - Friday and Saturday. We are staying onsite and will do the early entry for IOA. I have read to do the Oleanders first and then FJ. Would the store be open for early entry, and if we get on line for the store first would we miss on FJ - meaning when done with the wand store, would FJ's line be really long? We also have Breakfast res for 9:30, so looking for some input on what is the best way to utilize our time. TIA
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004All Star Music-September,2007Disney Magic-March,2008All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #833
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy2004 View Post
Hello everyone,
what a wonderful thread full with so much info
We are Universal newbies and going there next week Reading all the posts, seems that we are going there the busiest days - Friday and Saturday. We are staying onsite and will do the early entry for IOA. I have read to do the Oleanders first and then FJ. Would the store be open for early entry, and if we get on line for the store first would we miss on FJ - meaning when done with the wand store, would FJ's line be really long? We also have Breakfast res for 9:30, so looking for some input on what is the best way to utilize our time. TIA
Everything within WWoHP should be open for EE. Note that Ollivander's is not a store, but a show that reenacts the scene from HP1 where Harry gets his wand. If you go to that show, you are dumped into the Owl Post, where you can buy a wand and other things. You do not have to go to Ollivander's to get into the store.

But yes, go to Ollivander's first if you're interested. The line for it builds fast and stays long all day long. Forbidden Journey is a people-eater and an interesting queue anyways.

If you show up for early entry when it opens, or even a few minutes before would be better, than you should have no trouble getting Ollivanders and FJ done before your 9:30a breakfast (I'm assuming at Three Broomsticks).
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Last edited by mesaboy2; 08-09-2012 at 09:17 AM.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #834
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

I really liked my choc cauldron... didnt eat my frog he is still in the box anyone tried that pumpkin tart?

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #835
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Everything within WWoHP should be open for EE. Note that Ollivander's is not a store, but a show that reenacts the scene from HP1 where Harry gets his wand. If you go to that show, you are dumped into the Owl Post, where you can buy a wand and other things. You do not have to go to Ollivander's to get into the store.

But yes, go to Ollivander's first if you're interested. The line for it builds fast and stays long all day long. Forbidden Journey is a people-eater and an interesting queue anyways.

If you show up for early entry when it opens, or even a few minutes before would be better, than you should have no trouble getting Ollivanders and FJ done before your 9:30a breakfast (I'm assuming at Three Broomsticks).
This is wonderful information - thank you very much! My DD is really interested in Ollivanders, so will do that one first and then FJ. And yes breakfast is at Three Broomsticks. Thanks a lot for your help!
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004All Star Music-September,2007Disney Magic-March,2008All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #836
peeputt
Filled with Wanderlust...

Question Crowds?

DH and I are going to WWoHP for the 1st time on Sept 19th. Are there any crowd calendars out there for Universal like there are for the Disney parks? I was just wondering how busy it may be.

Feb. 2011 - POFQ (Hubby and my 1st trip together)
Sept. 2012 - The Dolphin & POFQ
Sept. 2013 - Old Key West
peeputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #837
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

My best friend really wants me to send a postcard from WWoHP because apparently you can get a Hogsmead post mark... Is this true? And if it is where do I do this from? Thanks

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
disneyhockeymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #838
dfriia
Mouseketeer

Right outside the entrance to Owl Post when I was there. So, next door to Ollivander's and under the big Owlery shelter beside the shop door. There was a podium and a woman in a robe and hat was rubber stamping anything you asked her to. I got a Hogsmeade stamp in my passport for my birthday! I also mailed a card in an envelope that I had already addressed and stamped at home, so it was sent from Hogsmeade.
dfriia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #839
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Will the WWoHP be decorated for the Christmas season.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #840
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeputt View Post
DH and I are going to WWoHP for the 1st time on Sept 19th. Are there any crowd calendars out there for Universal like there are for the Disney parks? I was just wondering how busy it may be.
*********************************/universal/crowd-calendar/

http://www.undercovertourist.com/pla...-to-visit.html

Orlando Informer and Undercover Tourist are the only two I know of.

March 2014- YES! Spring Break at the dark side!!! WooHoo!
Sept/Oct 2012- 3 Nights @ RPR Grownups only for my (BIG) Birthday Weekend!!!
May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Nov 2009- Our first official family visit to the world! (6 nights at AKL!!)
Momw/aplan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: