Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #661
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitesmom View Post
I'm curious - what tastes better - frozen Butterbeer or regular?
I've only had the frozen Butterbeer so far. From what I've read, people seem to like that version better. Some people have said the regular version is sweeter, too.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #662
teamperry
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehsun View Post
I've only had the frozen Butterbeer so far. From what I've read, people seem to like that version better. Some people have said the regular version is sweeter, too.
My family of 5 liked the regular Butterbeer better. The frozen seemed watered down to us, but it's all good.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #663
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I just got back from Universal yesterday. Here's what a TM told me about the Jaws section. I'm not going to say where the person worked so I don't get them in trouble, only that it was somewhere on site in the parks, Citywalk or in one of the on site hotels.

They said that the Jaws area is definitely going to be Phase II of Harry Potter. Guests will ride the Hogwarts Express between the two areas. Work will start on the new area after the Harry Potter section in the LA park is finished.

That's all I found out, hopefully something official will be released soon. I'm excited to find out what they have in the new area. My DH wants a Gringots mine ride.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #664
Mickey_fan_4_life
Earning My Ears

Can anyone recommend about how long it takes to do the WWoHP? I know it will depend on how much you want to see, how long the lines are, etc. We're looking to ride FJ and then spend a good amount of time browsing the rest of the land. Trying to decide if we should buy a 2 park pass and do both parks that day or just do IOA. Thanks!
Mickey_fan_4_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #665
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_fan_4_life View Post
Can anyone recommend about how long it takes to do the WWoHP? I know it will depend on how much you want to see, how long the lines are, etc. We're looking to ride FJ and then spend a good amount of time browsing the rest of the land. Trying to decide if we should buy a 2 park pass and do both parks that day or just do IOA. Thanks!
About a half-day--4-5 hours tops depending on crowds.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #666
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_fan_4_life View Post
I don't think you would be able to do both parks in a single day and not feel rushed or get your money's worth...both parks deserve a full day. But...if you aren't concerned about riding most of the rides or seeing a few shows, you could squeeze both parks in. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #667
teamperry
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I don't think you would be able to do both parks in a single day and not feel rushed or get your money's worth...both parks deserve a full day. But...if you aren't concerned about riding most of the rides or seeing a few shows, you could squeeze both parks in. I wouldn't recommend it though.
I agree with this. If you want to really enjoy your time at WWOHP and IOA, I wouldn't plan on trying to squeeze in both parks in one day. We spent a whole day at IOA going to WWOHP first thing in the morning until lunch and then again about an hour before the park closed. That worked out really well for us.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #668
Cruisebound
Mouseketeer

What kind of crowds can I expect the 2nd week in August? August 13 -17. Second question which are the least crowded days of the week?
Cruisebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #669
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisebound View Post
What kind of crowds can I expect the 2nd week in August? August 13 -17. Second question which are the least crowded days of the week?
Crowds are getting hard to predict but since those days are still in summer season, the parks will be busy. They should slow down towards the end of the week since people will be returning home to get ready for school. I would stick with mid-week for the lowest crowds...Tuesday and Wednesday should be fine.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #670
trish4bruce
Mouseketeer

My daughter wants to eat breakfast at Three Broomsticks, can anyone eat breakfast or is it limited to those who have a special package? We are staying in a private condo and not on-sight.
trish4bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #671
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish4bruce View Post
My daughter wants to eat breakfast at Three Broomsticks, can anyone eat breakfast or is it limited to those who have a special package? We are staying in a private condo and not on-sight.
It depends on how busy they are. As soon as you get there, check with the attendant at the front of the restaurant. They will be able to tell you if they are accepting walk ins that day.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #672
bobbie68
DIS Veteran

Hi, I am super excited about our trip in June. This Universal forum rocks like the disney one. Thanks everyone for your input it makes such a difference.

For my question: Does anyone know what time the three broomsticks stays open for dinner? I can't find information on it.

Thanks
bobbie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #673
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie68 View Post
Hi, I am super excited about our trip in June. This Universal forum rocks like the disney one. Thanks everyone for your input it makes such a difference.

For my question: Does anyone know what time the three broomsticks stays open for dinner? I can't find information on it.

Thanks
It stays open pretty much until closing.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #674
Mbruce
Earning My Ears

Are all attractions open the whole time the park is open. Someone a few pages back said the castle tour didn't open until 4pm. What would this refer to. Surely, the castle is open the hours of the park?
Mbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #675
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruce View Post
Are all attractions open the whole time the park is open. Someone a few pages back said the castle tour didn't open until 4pm. What would this refer to. Surely, the castle is open the hours of the park?
Unless the park is extremely busy, the castle tour will be open the whole time. When the park is extremely busy, they cancel the castle tour or postpone it until the crowds die down. It may be because they adjust the queues to take up more space inside the castle, leaving no room for the castle tours.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: