Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #601
kiddo76
Mouseketeer

If she hates most rides, she will almost definitely not want to ride any of the rides at WWOHP, or even all of IOA. IOA is a thrill ride park and there are very few tame rides. See my pp about my nephews. They hated the FJ and wouldn't go on the other 2 rides, but they loved the theming, going in the shops and eating at the Three Broomsticks. I don't think they were in any way disappointed, but it's a lot of money just to walk around and shop. We are all huge HP fans, though, so we think it was worth it.

There were only a few other rides and attractions in all of IOA that my nephews were interested in. They liked the Sinbad show, the Popeye raft ride, and some of the rides in Seuss's Landing. They hated the Jurassic Park raft ride, which had a huge drop that they weren't expecting.

Looking back, I think it would have been worth it to by a 1 day/2 park ticket and spend most of the day over at Universal Studios and just going to IOA for WWOHP. And the Popeye raft ride. They loved that and rode it 4 times.
kiddo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #602
*DisneyDreamer
Mouseketeer

How have the crowds been at WWoHP throughout the last year, particularly during non-peak times? I went last August a couple months after opening, and obviously it was packed. But we still had a blast and I am anxious and excited to go back. I am curious about how the crowds have been because during an upcoming trip to Disney World (to visit my sister who is in the College Program) we are planning to take a day trip to IoA. Our trip is the first week of December, and as of now our planned day for Universal is Tuesday the 6th. What can I expect in terms of crowds, both for WWoHP and the park in general?

*DisneyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #603
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

early december usually does NOT have crowds.

you picked a good time to go!

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #604
Shakthi
Mouseketeer

Hello! Being from CA, I'm usually in the DL board. This is my first time here, and loving it! I'm still working through the thread.

We are taking our dd (8) to see WWoHP during X-mas. I know it's crazy, but that's the only time we can do it. We'll be staying at the Double Tree Hotel from Dec 25 to 29. Since this will be our first time, any piece of advice you guys can give me will be deeply appreciated. Things we can't miss, getting tickets, better days, hours, and even other things we might have time to do while there ...you name it. Anything.

Thank you so much guys.

Last edited by Shakthi; 11-10-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo
Shakthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #605
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

you will be going during a very busy, crowded time period.

suggest you look into the express passes in order to avoid long waits in the lines.

better yet, try to book a couple of nights onsite and get unlimited usage of the express lines the day you check in and the day you check out.

look at the FAQ thread for some of the basic info.

also, go to www.universalorlando.com for details of the parks for rides, shows and restaurants.

hth!

Old 11-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #606
Shakthi
Mouseketeer

Could you tell me how to make reservations for the Three BroomSticks breakfast?
Old 11-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #607
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakthi View Post
if you are staying onsite, ask the hotel concierge in the lobby to call for you for a ressie.

if you are in the park that morning, ask the TM outside, to put you on the ressie wait list.
it is possible to get same day breakfast ressies.
people cancel, don't show up or the place is not overbooked.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #608
swalesfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We got ressies by booking a Harry potter package. The package was for longer than we wanted to be there so once I was in the package deal I just switched the dates but still got to keep our Three Broomstick Breakfast. Also because I booked the package through Universal we get the early entry benefit although we are not staying on property

swalesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #609
Shakthi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalesfamily View Post
We got ressies by booking a Harry potter package. The package was for longer than we wanted to be there so once I was in the package deal I just switched the dates but still got to keep our Three Broomstick Breakfast. Also because I booked the package through Universal we get the early entry benefit although we are not staying on property
Did you get early entry for all the days in your stay, or just one day?

When you say you switched the days, did you mean you reduced the number of days?
Old 11-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #610
Shakthi
Mouseketeer

Guys, you've been reaaaaly helpful. I will probably come back with more questions. Thank you so much.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #611
Calle&Jakesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What's the Harry Potter Package?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #612
zack123
Undercover Slytherin, hiding in Ravenclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle&Jakesmom View Post
What's the Harry Potter Package?
It's a special hotel + tickets package you can book through the Universal website. You can find out more here:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Vaca...ry-potter.aspx

You have to book the package through Universal, but you can book either an onsite or offsite hotel. You also have to purchase your park admission with the package. Both hotel reservations and tickets must be purchased together to get the package.

For peak dates, the package requires a minimum 4-night stay. During other times, the minimum is 2 nights.

Perks of this package include:
•Early Park Admission◊ to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
•Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks™ - one per person
•Hotel accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel
•3-Day Base Ticket^ to both Universal Orlando® theme parks – one theme park, per day
•Access to live entertainment◊◊ at Universal CityWalk®

Park tickets are changeable before you purchase - if you want 2-park tickets, or more days, etc. you can also get those with this package, it just costs a little more.

If you are staying offsite, it is the only way to be absolutely sure you can get reservations at Three Broomsticks for breakfast, although you may be able to get a last-minute reservation when you get there, especially if the park is not busy. You pay for the breakfast when you buy the package, and you only get one breakfast there during your stay - you cannot go every morning. You choose the date and time when you purchase.

Do your research - I added up the costs, and it was more expensive than booking everything separately in most cases (depending on hotel choice). In some cases, the only difference in price was the cost of the Three Broomsticks breakfast (which you pay for when you buy the package). I ended up not purchasing the package, because the price was going to be about $50 more, and I did not think breakfast one day, for one person, was worth that.

You can get all of the other benefits, except the Three Broomsticks breakfast, by reserving your hotel through the Universal website - even if you are staying offsite.
zack123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #613
zack123
Undercover Slytherin, hiding in Ravenclaw

Quote:
Did you get early entry for all the days in your stay, or just one day?

When you say you switched the days, did you mean you reduced the number of days?
You get early entry every day, but it is only for WWoHP/IOA.

The package says it requires a 4-night minimum stay during peak times and a 2-night minimum stay at other times. But maybe you can change it after you start the booking process, I don't know.
zack123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #614
swalesfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack123 View Post
You get early entry every day, but it is only for WWoHP/IOA.

The package says it requires a 4-night minimum stay during peak times and a 2-night minimum stay at other times. But maybe you can change it after you start the booking process, I don't know.
we are going in January so not at peak times but when I started the booking process I had to initially start with a 4 night. When you get to the part for park tickets, I reduced it to 2 days and my hotel nights to 3. I got to keep the breakfast and all the other perks. It might not be the cheapest way but since this is our 1st trip to universal orlando I wanted as many perks as I could get. Hope this helps

swalesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #615
Shakthi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
...Since this is our 1st trip to universal orlando I wanted as many perks as I could get...
That's exactly what I thought. Although the hotel stay alone could've been booked for a little cheaper through that DREAM RES sticker above, I wanted to get all the pluses this time because it will be our first trip to US/IOA, and also my Dd's (8) Christmas gift.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: