Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #16
Disneyhappy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: PA
Posts: 1,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
What you were told isn't wrong...there won't be Express access in the true sense of the word. You will have a special line hotel guests will use...kind of like Express but it's just a separate line from the standby line. This attraction is going to take almost an hour...according to everything I've heard and seen so Express is not practical...at least at this point.

Bottom line is...hotel guests will show their hotel cards to access the Forbidden Journey but it's not really Express...just a special line.
Thanks for clarifying. I hope the TM just had it wrong because for our July trip I was told hotel guests had one per day and yesterday the TM denied that was true for our October trip. If not, I'm sure the lines will be minimal during the one hour early park opening for park guests. Can't wait!
__________________
Disney Happy and Universal Lover!!!

Disneyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
heidi8
Mouseketeer
 
heidi8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 164

Do you want the menu for the Three Broomsticks?

* Rotisserie-smoked chicken
* Chargrilled ribs
* Turkey legs
* Fish and chips
* Shepherd's pie
* Cornish pasties
* Potato leek soup
* Split pea soup
* Ham soup


Childrens' Menu

* Chicken fingers
* Macaroni and cheese
* Fish and chips
* Turkey leg

Great Feast for parties larger than four people.

Guests share trays of:

* Rotisserie chicken
* Ribs
* Roasted vegetables
* Potatoes
* Corn on the cob

Desserts

* Strawberry peanut butter ice cream
* Deep-dish apple pie
* Chocolate-berry trifle

Drinks

* Butterbeer
* Frozen Butterbeer
* Pumpkin Juice
* Scottish ale called Hog's Head Brew (ONLY at the Hog's Head, not the Three Broomsticks itself)


Not sure yet where the Cauldron Cakes will be sold/served, but they are delicious


(And if you want to mention special events at the WWoHP, the fan-conference group HPEF (of which I am a part) is having a special event in the WWoHP on July 16 after the park closes; details and ticket prices are still to come, but info will be posted at http://www.infinitus2010.org )
__________________

Yes, I did go on the Teacups 30 times in a row on my 30th birthday!
heidi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran
 
TwingleMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,366

I was told this morning when I booked our July trip that there is no FOTL or express access for the Forbidden Journey. No one will get any "cutting " privledges. But from what I read you don't want to miss the line. It seems like the line is a big part of the experience and not to be missed. We booked to stay on property.
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #19
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran
 
TwingleMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi8 View Post
Do you want the menu for the Three Broomsticks?

* Rotisserie-smoked chicken
* Chargrilled ribs
* Turkey legs
* Fish and chips
* Shepherd's pie
* Cornish pasties
* Potato leek soup
* Split pea soup
* Ham soup


Childrens' Menu

* Chicken fingers
* Macaroni and cheese
* Fish and chips
* Turkey leg

Great Feast for parties larger than four people.

Guests share trays of:

* Rotisserie chicken
* Ribs
* Roasted vegetables
* Potatoes
* Corn on the cob

Desserts

* Strawberry peanut butter ice cream
* Deep-dish apple pie
* Chocolate-berry trifle

Drinks

* Butterbeer
* Frozen Butterbeer
* Pumpkin Juice
* Scottish ale called Hog's Head Brew (ONLY at the Hog's Head, not the Three Broomsticks itself)


Not sure yet where the Cauldron Cakes will be sold/served, but they are delicious


(And if you want to mention special events at the WWoHP, the fan-conference group HPEF (of which I am a part) is having a special event in the WWoHP on July 16 after the park closes; details and ticket prices are still to come, but info will be posted at http://www.infinitus2010.org )
Do you have the menu for Breakfast???
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #20
MrBryan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 245

They wont be serving breakfast

The breakfast deal you read about is for the hotel package only, it will be catered.
MrBryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #21
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night
 
KimRaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 19,627

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi8 View Post
Desserts

* Strawberry peanut butter ice cream
Why does that NOT sound good???

__________________
~Kim~

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #22
glocon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,328

I think there will be some magical way to make strawberry peanutbutter ice-cream taste delicioius! For sure I will try it!
glocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #23
52plan4
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: parker,co,usa
Posts: 280

soft opening entrance?

If they begin doing soft openings, where is the entrance located that they would bring guests in? We at least have to check it out while we are there!
52plan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #24
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,448

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52plan4 View Post
If they begin doing soft openings, where is the entrance located that they would bring guests in? We at least have to check it out while we are there!
The park basically goes in one big circle. If it is open you will be led straight to the entrance because almost everyone will be going there. Don't worry, you won't miss it.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #25
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank
 
Don Pacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 906

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
The park basically goes in one big circle. If it is open you will be led straight to the entrance because almost everyone will be going there. Don't worry, you won't miss it.

And probably they will remove the temporately wood bridge once the WWofHP opens and they might re-open the Skipper's Tours (I've forgot the real name) so people don't have to walk all the way to the HP "island".
Don Pacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #26
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed
 
donaldduck352's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central FLA
Posts: 8,467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Pacho View Post
And probably they will remove the temporately wood bridge once the WWofHP opens and they might re-open the Skipper's Tours (I've forgot the real name) so people don't have to walk all the way to the HP "island".
How long ago has that been,the Skipper's Tour that is?I never paid attention to it before but remember the boat crossing the lagoon but can't remember how long ago thats been.
__________________
Humour is to be brave enough to laugh at ones self-boy do I laugh alot
donaldduck352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:05 AM   #27
xApril
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduck352 View Post
How long ago has that been,the Skipper's Tour that is?I never paid attention to it before but remember the boat crossing the lagoon but can't remember how long ago thats been.
According to wikipedia (so it may not be the most accurate, but hopefully it is):
Island Skipper Tours (1999-2002), a transportation service using one of three uniquely-themed water taxis to shuttle passengers between Port of Entry, Jurassic Park and Toon Lagoon.

I very briefly remember seeing boats go across since I was younger at the time. I used to think it was Jurassic Park.
xApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #28
MyMuse
From here...to there!
 
MyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)
Posts: 3,382

Smile October!

I'm planning my trip to FL now & I definitely want to include Wizard World. I know it is still too early to really know info, but the planner in me wants to make sure I do everything right!

Thank you so much for this thread! I'm not going to be staying on-site (either Disney or Universal), so I hope to find tips that it will be stress-free.

Does anyone know if these restaraunts will be doing reservations or is it s counter service type thing? If it does, is it 180 days in advance like Disney?

Finally, (yes, I know, I will shut up after this...) is it fair to say that I can do Islands of Adventure (basically Wizard World) in one day?

I haven't been to Universal since the opening of the Simpsons ride, so I need to read the Universal threads to get up to speed.

Thank you!!!!
__________________
My Twitter: @MyMuse18
D23's Geek of Week for April 12, 2012!
MyMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #29
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,414
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Does anyone know if these restaraunts will be doing reservations or is it s counter service type thing? If it does, is it 180 days in advance like Disney?

Finally, (yes, I know, I will shut up after this...) is it fair to say that I can do Islands of Adventure (basically Wizard World) in one day?
Are you talking about the restaurants at Universal in general or just WWoHP? I would imagine the restaurants inside WWoHP will only be counter service and the other places throughout the parks will not change. You can not make reservations that early like at Disney. Most won't go over 30 days out...it all depends on where you're thinking of going.

You could do IOA in a single day knowing you're going to be spending a lot of time in line at WWoHP. I'll be curious to see how the rest of the park will be in terms of lines.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #30
MyMuse
From here...to there!
 
MyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)
Posts: 3,382

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Are you talking about the restaurants at Universal in general or just WWoHP? I would imagine the restaurants inside WWoHP will only be counter service and the other places throughout the parks will not change. You can not make reservations that early like at Disney. Most won't go over 30 days out...it all depends on where you're thinking of going.

You could do IOA in a single day knowing you're going to be spending a lot of time in line at WWoHP. I'll be curious to see how the rest of the park will be in terms of lines.

Basically WWoHP, but I'm going to check out the rest of the place too. I thought there were going to be sit-down restaraunts at WWoHP? Ahhh...30 days out. That's good! I do miss the 90 days Disney had.

I have to see what kinds of rides I can take in WWoHP.

Thank you!!!
__________________
My Twitter: @MyMuse18
D23's Geek of Week for April 12, 2012!
MyMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: