Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #226
Travel1989
Earning My Ears

I was there Nov 5,6 and Nov 14 and the lines were always long for Ollivanders. The line is only to watch the 10 minute or so wand selection experience. Usually only one person is chosen while everyone else watches. You then go thru to the store to buy the wands. Ollivanders is very realistic and I'm happy I saw it but wouldn't want to wait hours for it. The store is also extremely crowded. The best place to buy wands is the big store at the main gate. They have a big display and its easy to see them all at once. Same prices too. I believe I also saw a cart close to FJ with t-shirts and wands.
Travel1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #227
xerotheory7803
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel1989 View Post
I was there Nov 5,6 and Nov 14 and the lines were always long for Ollivanders. The line is only to watch the 10 minute or so wand selection experience. Usually only one person is chosen while everyone else watches. You then go thru to the store to buy the wands. Ollivanders is very realistic and I'm happy I saw it but wouldn't want to wait hours for it. The store is also extremely crowded. The best place to buy wands is the big store at the main gate. They have a big display and its easy to see them all at once. Same prices too. I believe I also saw a cart close to FJ with t-shirts and wands.
Do they sell other HP novelties there as well like the every flavor beans and chocolate frogs?
xerotheory7803 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #228
Travel1989
Earning My Ears

Yes they sell the beans and other candy. Most of the plush toys. A big selection of tshirts but not as many as the other stores. It is much less crowded for shopping.
Travel1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #229
xerotheory7803
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel1989 View Post
Yes they sell the beans and other candy. Most of the plush toys. A big selection of tshirts but not as many as the other stores. It is much less crowded for shopping.
Great, thank you so much.
xerotheory7803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #230
ladyvet
Mouseketeer

Just back!

We just got back from Universal. Thanksgiving is a busy time, so our experience may be different. We stayed in line over an hour for Ollivander's. It was a cute show (about 5 minutes). However, if I had known, I would have skipped the long line and the show and bought the wand at one of many places throughout the park.

We entered the park early because we were staying on site. My advice there would be to ride single rider on Forbidden Journey and then do the walking tour. If you REALLY want to see the herbarium, stand in line once and then do the single rider line. No wait for the walking tour, and MUCH reduced wait to single rider.

The whole thing was great!!! We really enjoyed the Three Broomsticks. People waited in line to get in at 10am, but we waited until a little after that and walked right in. Also (my opinion) the frozen butter beer is better

Beth
ladyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:05 AM   #231
SGF
Mouseketeer

We will have early entry as we are staying at the RPH but we plan to get our tickets from AAA. I think we have to exchange those for park tickets prior to entering so how is that done if we want to take advantage of getting into the park 1 hour prior? Are the ticket booths open before 8am? I'd hate to waste time and loose the 1 hour having to exchange our ticket coupons for the real tickets after 8am. Can the AAA coupon tickets be exchanged at either park?

Any information would be appreciated.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #232
kraziekatie
Earning My Ears

Hi!
For my graduation present I get to go to Disney and Harry Potter. I'm thrillled. These books have been a huge part of my life for the past ten years so I've been waiting for this - to see it be real.

For people who have been - what are some tips that you could give me?
I'm going January 6th!
kraziekatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #233
sandymandr
DIS Veteran

I feel like this is a dumb question, but have to ask anyway So, is FJ different than the castle tour? I have read folks here say you can do the castle tour after the ride. Can you tour the castle without riding FJ? I'll be there next Thursday, early entry and had planned on going to FJ first thing and riding single rider (probably 2 or 3 times), touring the castle, then working my way back out of WWoHP. So, 2 things, where is the single rider line for FJ? And can I tour the castle without riding? And if so, will I have to wait in a longline to tour the castle? Or should I just go through when I get there first thing?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #234
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandymandr View Post
I feel like this is a dumb question, but have to ask anyway So, is FJ different than the castle tour? I have read folks here say you can do the castle tour after the ride. Can you tour the castle without riding FJ? I'll be there next Thursday, early entry and had planned on going to FJ first thing and riding single rider (probably 2 or 3 times), touring the castle, then working my way back out of WWoHP. So, 2 things, where is the single rider line for FJ? And can I tour the castle without riding? And if so, will I have to wait in a longline to tour the castle? Or should I just go through when I get there first thing?
Yes...you can tour the queue w/o riding. Just tell the TM in the line that you aren't riding and you just want to look around.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #235
mom2babesin05n08
Becoming Disney obsessed due to DISboards! :)

Access to HP area

Hello,

This is probably a dumb question, but I was wondering if you can access all the Harry Potter attractions with a Universal Studios of Florida ticket? Or do you need to have the Islands of Adventures ticket to get in?

We have small children and are planning on only going to one park. Any advice on which one?

TIA!
Christine
Old 12-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #236
littlelaura
If theres no chocolate in heaven, i aint going!

does anyone have a link to phase 2 of WWOHP (due to open in 2012), what is it rumoured to include?

littlelaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #237
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelaura View Post
does anyone have a link to phase 2 of WWOHP (due to open in 2012), what is it rumoured to include?
There are no rumoured plans as yet for any rides or even for it to open. Phase 2 is still pure speculation.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #238
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2babesin05n08 View Post
Hello,

This is probably a dumb question, but I was wondering if you can access all the Harry Potter attractions with a Universal Studios of Florida ticket? Or do you need to have the Islands of Adventures ticket to get in?

We have small children and are planning on only going to one park. Any advice on which one?

TIA!
Christine
I hope I'm giving you the right answer since I haven't been there yet. I've been doing research recently, though. All of the Harry Potter attractions are in Islands of Adventure, which to me means you'd need admission to IOA to ge to them. If Harry Potter is a priority for your trip, then your one park should be IOA. That said, depending on how small your children are, they may not be able to do a whole lot in the Harry Potter area.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:51 AM   #239
pmcgonigle
Earning My Ears

Can anyone recommend an authorized ticket vendor to buy IOA tix in advance?

Also, is Ollivander's worth the line, in your opinion?

What time in advance should we get to the gate if IOA opens at 9 a.m.?

Is it safe to assume that we could do WWOHP all morning, and then evening/night, but during the day check out some other IOA stuff? Our primary objective is WWOHP but it seems as though there may be time in a whole day to take in other sights.

Thanks!
pmcgonigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:37 AM   #240
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcgonigle View Post
Can anyone recommend an authorized ticket vendor to buy IOA tix in advance?

Also, is Ollivander's worth the line, in your opinion?

What time in advance should we get to the gate if IOA opens at 9 a.m.?

Is it safe to assume that we could do WWOHP all morning, and then evening/night, but during the day check out some other IOA stuff? Our primary objective is WWOHP but it seems as though there may be time in a whole day to take in other sights.

Thanks!
You can purchase online at www.univeralorlando.com, from Dreams Unlimited, from mapleleaftickets, and many others.

What time of year are you going? If it is in low season, you can do WWHP prettty much any time.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: