Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #136
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

is there a link out there to a map of the area showing where each store is? thanks!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #137
MAYNARDS99
DIS Veteran

Maybe someone with drafting or design skills could produce an accurate one for everybody! That would be SO HELPFUL!

Not just shops, but the whole WWOHP.

Yacht Club DEC13
Beach Club concierge (suite upgrade) JAN13
Coronado Springs OCT11 & SEP12
Hilton Bonnet Creek, Royal Pacific (suite upgrade) AsMU SEP10
SSR 1 Bedroom SEP09 (free dining and upgrade)
Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific (concierge upgrade) SEP08
Grand Californian DEC07 (theme park view upgrade)
Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou SEP05
Contemporary (MK view Tower Club upgrade) NOV03
Ritz-Carlton NOV03
Portofino Bay Hotel Deluxe NOV01
Polynesian (concierge upgrade) NOV99
Wilderness Lodge Deluxe OCT98
Off Site - Disneyland Paris JUL93
Off Site - WDW JAN88
Contemporary MK view Tower JUL74
MAYNARDS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #138
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

If you go to the website map, it is interactive and you can see where everything is. Each store is marked.

To find the map go to www.universalorlando.com and click on map up beside My Account and login.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #139
friendswithdave
Mouseketeer

Update on Express Pass / Hotel Guest Line

I wonder if there are any updates on Forbidden Journey having a line for Hotel Guests or Express Pass users? We will be there the first week in October and hope to avoid the lines since we will be a hotel guest. Do they let hotel guests in an hour early? That would take care of it!

Thanks!

Me: Wife: DS 9: DD 7: DSS 12: DSS 9:

Been there thrice, Nov 04, Nov 05, Oct 08.
Goin back in Oct 10 for a non-Dis trip. Can't wait!
friendswithdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #140
ang
"My life, my love, my children"

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Check out this thread for size restrictions: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2489210

Check out this thread for merchandise:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2479569
Thanks so so much for the info...I loved the way you found the threads for us!! I grately appreciate it.
off site 1994 Port Orleans Resort 1995Caribbean Resort 1996 All Start Movie Resort 1999: All Star Movies Resort 2000 All Star Music Resort 2003 Pop Century 2004 Pop Century aug/2007 Pop Century June/2009 Royal Pacific Hotel 2011/Pop Century 2014

ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #141
labattblue
DIS Veteran

I searched on youtube and didn't find anything, and was wondering if there is video of the Forbidden Journey ride shot in night vision(so you can see something other than a pitch black video).

Thx.
labattblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #142
boomilia
Earning My Ears

How to maximize the FJ castle experience?

Hi everyone!
This is my first post and I want to thank each and every one for the invaluable information I've been gathering for my upcoming trip (next October).
We are (me and DH) Disney veterans (21 trips in 14 years) but newbies concerning Universal parks. The only reason this "travel pattern" changed is the new Harry Potter area inside Islands of Adventure.
We are buying annual passes and staying onsite. My DH is a senior and I really don't fancy motion simulators (they make my sick) so we are not braving FJ but we are really excited about the walk through the castle itself. We want to take lots of pictures and be able to hear the dialogues of the paintings, Dumbledore, Harry, Ron and Hermione etc... Some posts mention that once inside the castle the line moves too quickly to fully enjoy all the sights and the single line allows you to let other people pass you by but skips a lot of the good stuff. Could anyone tell me if we can linger while at the regular line and let people bypass us by saying we are not really going into the ride itself and if not which parts we can or cannot see when taking the single line versus the regular line?
We really appreciate your help! Thank you once more and congrats on your wonderful forum!
boomilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #143
disneyaholic86
Earning My Ears

What is the shortcut to WWOHP if you are doing early entry? I remember it's somewhere in Seuss area. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #144
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaholic86 View Post
What is the shortcut to WWOHP if you are doing early entry? I remember it's somewhere in Seuss area. Thanks for the help.
Apparently they have stopped letting people through there.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #145
wheezywhizzy
Earning My Ears

Is there still a line to get into the actual Harry Potter part of the park? Last I'd heard there was one in the mornings but at about noon it doesn't exist. Is that still the case? Do they still have you only going in through the Jurassic park side and the other side closed off?
wheezywhizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #146
cagenot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezywhizzy View Post
Is there still a line to get into the actual Harry Potter part of the park? Last I'd heard there was one in the mornings but at about noon it doesn't exist. Is that still the case? Do they still have you only going in through the Jurassic park side and the other side closed off?
I was there last week and I can tell you that I saw no lines to get into the Potter area, but I did see people go through Seuss Landing but reach a barricade where they tell you to go through other side and visit rest of park first and then come back to see Potter. It´s just amazing how many people enter IOA and go directly to Potter. .

I had early park entry do to offsite Harry package and it made a big difference as I experienced the Potter area early one day (did everyhting, rides, shops, pics, butterbeer, etc) and then after 2pm luckily I entered Honeydukes after a 20 min wait but the rest of shops were full and FJ had 90 min wait.
cagenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 PM   #147
ExtinctDino
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomilia View Post
Hi everyone!
Some posts mention that once inside the castle the line moves too quickly to fully enjoy all the sights and the single line allows you to let other people pass you by but skips a lot of the good stuff. Could anyone tell me if we can linger while at the regular line and let people bypass us by saying we are not really going into the ride itself and if not which parts we can or cannot see when taking the single line versus the regular line?
The line in the castle moved at a decent pace. We had time to see everything, and for my daughter to explain it all to me (I hadn't read the books or seen the movies).
ExtinctDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #148
boomilia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtinctDino View Post
The line in the castle moved at a decent pace. We had time to see everything, and for my daughter to explain it all to me (I hadn't read the books or seen the movies).
Thank you so much for your answer ExtinctDino! I'm probably the only person hoping the FJ line will move very slowly!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #149
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomilia View Post
Thank you so much for your answer ExtinctDino! I'm probably the only person hoping the FJ line will move very slowly!
if it doesn't, there is enuf room for you to stop (look around and take your pix) and wave people on ahead of you if you want.
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #150
boomilia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
if it doesn't, there is enuf room for you to stop (look around and take your pix) and wave people on ahead of you if you want.
Thank you, Bubba's mom! That's exactly what I wanted to hear, that we can let people ahead of us and take our time without disrupting other people's experience! By the way thank you also for all the great info you provide in this and other threads. It's really important for anyone gathering information for a successful upcoming trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: