Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

List of rides that do use Express pass at Universal

I am going to Universal for one day with inlaws, is there a list of what rides do have the express access? That is the only reason that we are staying at rpr for only night, I am anoyed that FJ is not included but what can I do? I also love et,jaws, and I want to do the simpsons. I am a huge planner and it is killing me to be at such a disadvantage at universal. Thanks for the info!

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
dalt01
DIS Veteran

just off the top of my head i cant think of any that dont............. maybe Storm Force cause who would want to ride it anyway. when i stayed on property we used it and we bought it twice during heavy crowd times...................but i am sure someone knows more about it since i havent been up there since '07. what is FJ?
Old 05-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
derekburgan
Mouseketeer

I will never understand why so many people are (almost) mad at not being able to skip what looks to be the greatest queue in the history of theme parks. It's really mindblowing. I can possibly understand that in several years people will have gone through the experience enough times that they just want to do the quick ride at the end, but before they've even gone into the park? I can only imagine a Universal Imagineer reading these types of thoughts... must feel like the head chef at Yachtman's steakhouse serving a New York Strip and the customer asking for ketchup.
derekburgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:40 AM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
I am going to Universal for one day with inlaws, is there a list of what rides do have the express access? That is the only reason that we are staying at rpr for only night, I am anoyed that FJ is not included but what can I do? I also love et,jaws, and I want to do the simpsons. I am a huge planner and it is killing me to be at such a disadvantage at universal. Thanks for the info!
As of now the only attractions that do NOT accept Express are: the Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit at the Studios and the Pteranodan Flyers at IOA. If you are going after WWoHP opens, The Forbidden Journey is not going to be included either. Since you are staying onsite, you will have unlimited Express access so enjoy it!
Old 05-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekburgan View Post
I will never understand why so many people are (almost) mad at not being able to skip what looks to be the greatest queue in the history of theme parks. It's really mindblowing. I can possibly understand that in several years people will have gone through the experience enough times that they just want to do the quick ride at the end, but before they've even gone into the park? I can only imagine a Universal Imagineer reading these types of thoughts... must feel like the head chef at Yachtman's steakhouse serving a New York Strip and the customer asking for ketchup.
I did not realize about missing the queue, I guess that I am just afraid of that 5 hour wait prediction. I also only have one day so missing some queue areas will just have to be. By disadvantage I mean my ignorance on how to tour this park.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
dalt01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalt01 View Post
just off the top of my head i cant think of any that dont............. maybe Storm Force cause who would want to ride it anyway. when i stayed on property we used it and we bought it twice during heavy crowd times...................but i am sure someone knows more about it since i havent been up there since '07. what is FJ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
As of now the only attractions that do NOT accept Express are: the Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit at the Studios and the Pteranodan Flyers at IOA. If you are going after WWoHP opens, The Forbidden Journey is not going to be included either. Since you are staying onsite, you will have unlimited Express access so enjoy it!
i knew someone with a lot of knowledge would show up. i never went within 200 feet of the flyers and have not been there since RRR was built. should have known what FJ meant. hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: