Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #286
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemomma View Post
Everytime I see a picture of the castle done this way I hope and pray that the "genius" behind it's career in the company was short lived......definitly disturbing!!!
Aww! I liked it, but that was back in the day before everything at Disney was an ICON. It was just the castle to most people, so decorating it up like a birthday cake was kind of fun.

I think the people who got married at Disney (also many less than now!) had a right to complain. For us, it was a fun and different way of seeing the castle.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #287
wdwensel
Special enough to have the initials of WDW.

I was told that one of my photos was perfect for this thread. So without further adu, I present to you a photo I have titled "Bat and Balls"

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #288
ejud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Aww! I liked it, but that was back in the day before everything at Disney was an ICON. It was just the castle to most people, so decorating it up like a birthday cake was kind of fun.

I think the people who got married at Disney (also many less than now!) had a right to complain. For us, it was a fun and different way of seeing the castle.
Sharadoc! I agree with you! At the time, I thought it was pretty darn awesome!

In hindsight... not so much! LOL!

Jud
Old 05-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #289
Brandis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamNC View Post
Very interesting. I went to Disneyland Paris about 4 years ago. I noticed that the CM's just didn't "get it." Nothing really bad or rude....but they didn't fully understand the whole "on stage" concept. Guess it's just not part of their culture.

I can't EVEN imagine seeing this at WDW or DL.

PamNC
In their defense I have to say that this CM probably was on her break and She wasn't in a guest area, I took the photo through the crack of a door. I'm sure something like this also happens every day in every Disney backstage around the world. I heard some wild stories about the character break rooms at WDW. One time, during a backstage tour at WDW we walked through the area behind Splash Mountain just before the start of a Parade and I saw two headless chipmunks laying on the floor in the shadow, waiting for the Parade to begin. That was also very weird, but of course I couldn't take a picture because we were backstage.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #290
rmom50
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Aww! I liked it, but that was back in the day before everything at Disney was an ICON. It was just the castle to most people, so decorating it up like a birthday cake was kind of fun. .
I loved it!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #291
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwensel View Post
I was told that one of my photos was perfect for this thread. So without further adu, I present to you a photo I have titled "Bat and Balls"
Definitely fits this thread, in a disturbing kind of way.

I also wanted to comment on the backstage pic. When I first saw it, I thought of Cinderella, working hard in the house, perhaps just having finished cleaning the cinders from the fireplace, sitting down to take a break. Didn't ruin the magic for me at all. Just a matter of perspective.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #292
mollygirl13
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Old 05-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #293
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Awesome thread! I'll have to see if I have any thing weird in my collection.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:15 AM   #294
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis View Post
Posted this in a different photo thread before, but I think it fits the weird / odd / strange tag as well, disturbing not so much I think, but judge for yourself:

I took it at Disneyland Paris and I didn't enter a backstage area to get it.

I called it "Cinderella takes a break from her royal duties"
I love this picture. Something about it is mesmerizing.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ SURPRISE little one born Aug. '13

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:01 AM   #295
divacat80
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamNC View Post
Very interesting. I went to Disneyland Paris about 4 years ago. I noticed that the CM's just didn't "get it." Nothing really bad or rude....but they didn't fully understand the whole "on stage" concept. Guess it's just not part of their culture.

I can't EVEN imagine seeing this at WDW or DL.

PamNC
I completely agree with you, when i first saw that pic i instantly thought of DLRP XD the CM's thing is the only thing i don't like about disneyland paris (the rest of the negative things come from the guests).
it's not that the CMs there don't do their jobs but they don't "get" the "magic as it should be"
divacat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #296
divacat80
Earning My Ears

Quote:

:scar ed1:

please keep them coming this thread is so much fun!!!!
divacat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #297
ejud
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I am looking to get a new P&S camera.

I currently have, and have had for years, an Olympus C-740 Ultra Zoom and I LOVE this camera but there are three matters that are driving me to replace it.

First requirement is the super zoom- 10X or better- as anyone who has had this will know, once you have it, you cannot live without it!

Next among my concerns is SHARPNESS of image. Without going to a full DSLR (and lenses), I still want that razor sharp imagery that is the hallmark of such cameras. I have learned that in digital cameras that is not completely a matter of the lens, but also of the sensor and at least one of the new P&S's is using the larger CMOS sensor normally reserved for the DSLR.

Third concern is shutter lag: I don't want it! So minimal shutter lag is a major factor.

Fourth is video capability. Since most are now very strong in the field, I do require HD, though will settle for 780 versus 1080, and ability to run as long as I want, as opposed to the ten second clips that my C-740 has. Sound is secondary as I usually overlay a separate soundtrack anyway and am also planning on getting a separate sound recorder for those times when I do want a 'real' soundtrack. http://www.ionaudio.com/palmtrack

Behind these matters is size, feel, and a strong preference for power via rechargeable Double A's, 2 or 4. One of the ones I am looking at runs Double A's, but will not function (reportedly) on rechargeables!

The five I am looking at at the moment are, in no particular order:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35
Canon PowerShot SX1 IS
Nikon Coolpix P90
Olympus SP-590 Ultra Zoom
Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR

I would like feedback on any of these by people who have actually used them- and copies of any shots that show incredible sharpness if applicable!

Super Zoom
Sharpness
Lack of Shutter Lag
Video capability
Power source
Overall feel, ease of operation, controls.

Thanks for any feedback!

Jud
Old 05-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #298
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejud View Post
Hi!

I am looking to get a new P&S camera.

I currently have, and have had for years, an Olympus C-740 Ultra Zoom and I LOVE this camera but there are three matters that are driving me to replace it.

First requirement is the super zoom- 10X or better- as anyone who has had this will know, once you have it, you cannot live without it!

Next among my concerns is SHARPNESS of image. Without going to a full DSLR (and lenses), I still want that razor sharp imagery that is the hallmark of such cameras. I have learned that in digital cameras that is not completely a matter of the lens, but also of the sensor and at least one of the new P&S's is using the larger CMOS sensor normally reserved for the DSLR.

Third concern is shutter lag: I don't want it! So minimal shutter lag is a major factor.

Fourth is video capability. Since most are now very strong in the field, I do require HD, though will settle for 780 versus 1080, and ability to run as long as I want, as opposed to the ten second clips that my C-740 has. Sound is secondary as I usually overlay a separate soundtrack anyway and am also planning on getting a separate sound recorder for those times when I do want a 'real' soundtrack. http://www.ionaudio.com/palmtrack

Behind these matters is size, feel, and a strong preference for power via rechargeable Double A's, 2 or 4. One of the ones I am looking at runs Double A's, but will not function (reportedly) on rechargeables!

The five I am looking at at the moment are, in no particular order:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35
Canon PowerShot SX1 IS
Nikon Coolpix P90
Olympus SP-590 Ultra Zoom
Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR

I would like feedback on any of these by people who have actually used them- and copies of any shots that show incredible sharpness if applicable!

Super Zoom
Sharpness
Lack of Shutter Lag
Video capability
Power source
Overall feel, ease of operation, controls.

Thanks for any feedback!

Jud
Good questions to ask before buying a new SLR. May I suggest that you visit the Photography board? You're likely to get many helpful responses there:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #299
Melpuff
Mrs. Walt Disney

Every time I saw this doll I died with laughter. It's not wonder Emily left her behind, look how creepy!!

April 2010 - Senior Trip w/ Family at Pop
August 2010 - Pop Century for 18th

Last edited by Melpuff; 05-19-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Melpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #300
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpuff View Post
Every time I saw this doll I died with laughter. It's not wonder Emily left her behind, look how creepy!! :shock:

Maybe Jesse is really the granddaughter of the creepy marionette from the Twilight Zone...
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: