Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #151
Brenle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm sorry to hear that your mousekeepers have never set-up your stuffed animals for you. We've stayed on-site almost every year since the 90's and have had them set-up at the Poly, WL, CR and POR, but never at CSR or CBR.

If you ever stay again at SSR, BCV or "CB" (CBR?) you might want to be prepared to set-up your own animals.
Please don't feel sorry for me. I don't like people touching my animals!! And as I said, I've stayed in Disney every year since 2002 without mousekeeping arranging things in my room. So please, flame me if you will, but after 8 years of never experiencing this and with the staged photo of a "dummy" on a bed, surely you can see why I'm a doubting Thomas. But if not, so be it.
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #152
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

Okay...let's have a distraction: another odd or disturbing photo!

Well...at least I think these things are odd. I've had several instances of vacations, including cruises, where our stuffed animals have been used in cute ways. I think they're CUTE!

So, my NEXT odd photo (and thanks, KingdomHearts -- you were right!!) is this: the dinosaur in AK that has lights strategically placed...as teats.

You gotta love Imagineers.

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
SimmerBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2010, 01:50 PM   #153
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmerBaggins View Post

Well...at least I think these things are odd. I've had several instances of vacations, including cruises, where our stuffed animals have been used in cute ways. I think they're CUTE!

So, my NEXT odd photo (and thanks, KingdomHearts -- you were right!!) is this: the dinosaur in AK that has lights strategically placed...as teats.

Giving a dinosaur mammalian characteristics! I'd never noticed that.
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #154
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

Here's one more...now, this one is a little spooky. We went to Garden Grill for lunch (you know, the rotating restaurant), and when we went by the section of The Land that has the farm in it, we could see inside the farmhouse.

Now, the little details that WDW throws in here amazes me...you can see the wind gauge, the globe inside the room...but there was one thing I couldn't explain, and neither could anyone else.

The spoon in the window.

Spooky, isn't it??

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
SimmerBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #155
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Does my vote count? We loved how the mousekeeper set-up the animals around the room everyday.

YES! It is the CR! You win more photos:

I love these!! I think they are cute and it's your stuff they are using. I liked it, never had any in the bathroom, but like someone posted, if it clean for me to want to go in there and the lid was closed, a little spritz and it's good!
thanks for sharing
Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #156
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Here's one more...now, this one is a little spooky. We went to Garden Grill for lunch (you know, the rotating restaurant), and when we went by the section of The Land that has the farm in it, we could see inside the farmhouse.

Now, the little details that WDW throws in here amazes me...you can see the wind gauge, the globe inside the room...but there was one thing I couldn't explain, and neither could anyone else.

The spoon in the window.

Spooky, isn't it??
That is strange. I wonder if it's still there? Or maybe they've replaced the spoon with a fork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyelf10 View Post
I love these!! I think they are cute and it's your stuff they are using. I liked it, never had any in the bathroom, but like someone posted, if it clean for me to want to go in there and the lid was closed, a little spritz and it's good!
thanks for sharing
You're welcome, Disneyelf10.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #157
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

Came back to Fort Wilderness cabin to find our stuffed animals meeting about where to go when they reach Animal Kingdom.

KeepSwimmingDory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #158
wdisneyaholic
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to jump on the band wagon. For the doubters of the "staged" animals, I don't have a photo of them. Never think about it till after the trip. We have had several times of the mousekeepers staging my kids animals. It does happen. Its always exciting to come back to the room after a long day at the parks and see the animals in different places. We have stayed from the values to the deluxes and has happened almost every trip.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #159
peekinglemer
Mouseketeer

My son's Pooh Bear had a great time in our room at POR. We didn't think to take pictures of his many adventures until the last day. Our Mousekeeper was great and my son loved it. Knowing his Pooh was going to have fun while we were gone was the only way I could keep him from brigning his lovey into the parks with us.

October 1, 2009. Micah's first Disney Vacation!
January 4, 2010. Micah's second Disney vacation!
November 1 - November 10 2011. Micah's Disney Christmas Vacation!
September 27, 2013 - Micah's first visit to Disney where his grandparents are coming along!
peekinglemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #160
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Yep, we've had our stuffies arranged watching TV, waiting on the side of the bed waiting for our return, combing each others hair, in a "prison break" scene (Mickey on the bed with a towel hanging over the side with Minnie at the bottom, still holding onto the "rope" towel, with Pluto making his way to the door) It was so cute!

My DD's loved coming back to the resort to see what their stuffies were up to that day. This was done both at Pop and the old Disney Institute.
2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #161
KingdomHearts
Married in Disney July 6th, 2006

Quote:

I have to say I loved that where is this picture taken game. I think the guy who did that thread "retired".. I would love to set up and play a thread like that again!!

DH- DW- DD- DS- Winnie -Captain Jack

!Por favor mantanganse alejado de las puertas!
KingdomHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #162
DisneyBelle27
DIS Veteran

Ok, not really creepy but just kinda weird, especially when I saw it and took the picture because I had no idea why the boots were there!

Anyway, this is a pair of boots in the upper pool of the waterfall in Canada in World Showcase. I only found out after the fact, here in the DISboards (of course) that CM's that are leaving do this!

Dreaming of my next countdown ticker

My awesomely awesome first ever solo trip to the World trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post46328869

Past WDW trips:'86 off-prop., '89 CBR, '94 CBR, '99 off-prop., '01 ASMusic, '01 CBR, '07 ASMusic, '08 PC, '09 3 nights POFQ, 4 nights Wonder, '10 6 nights AKL, '12 AS Sports w/ToT 10 Miler
Previous cruises: RCCL Enchantment of the Seas w/Metro Dance 11/08 (maybe you saw us perform in the theater!)
DisneyBelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #163
DisneyBelle27
DIS Veteran

Here's another. It's kinda creepy! I took this on Castaway Cay on our Disney cruise and my camera flipped out when I tried to take a pic of the Flying Dutchman!

Dreaming of my next countdown ticker

My awesomely awesome first ever solo trip to the World trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post46328869

Past WDW trips:'86 off-prop., '89 CBR, '94 CBR, '99 off-prop., '01 ASMusic, '01 CBR, '07 ASMusic, '08 PC, '09 3 nights POFQ, 4 nights Wonder, '10 6 nights AKL, '12 AS Sports w/ToT 10 Miler
Previous cruises: RCCL Enchantment of the Seas w/Metro Dance 11/08 (maybe you saw us perform in the theater!)
DisneyBelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #164
J.Richyson
Wind Riding

Oh! I love your photos peekinglemer. Pooh is just my favorite character of all time. I now want to buy the stuffed animal you have. I am looking online for it now!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #165
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

We saw this in EPCOT (Italy) a few years ago -

Weird-Check!
Odd-Check!
Strange-Check!
Disturbing-Check!

1970's - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980's - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990's - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000's - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010's - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013
Trip Planning in Progress - Polynesian: Oct 2014
HeyIt'sMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: