Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #121
erin327
Mouseketeer

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_for_disney View Post
I have the same question as Kevallen. My daughter's special formula is hard to find in grocery stores and it is not available from Gardengrocer.com
I can get it from Amazon with free prime shipping which comes UPS. We will be staying at Boardwalk Villas with a cash reservation next month so I was going to send it about a week ahead of time. If I call to make sure it arrives will they be able to tell me?
The diapers and baby food we use are not available through Garden Grocer. I was wondering about shipping to the resort using Amazon Prime.
erin327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #122
dreamsofdisney
Still has a little Mickey Dust sprinkled on her desk from her last trip "home"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin327 View Post
The diapers and baby food we use are not available through Garden Grocer. I was wondering about shipping to the resort using Amazon Prime.
I posted a few posts back...We leave in two days, and my DD2 is tube fed I shipped her Pedisure (45 cans) via UPS on March 30th straight to the resort. It cost a litle less than $30 and arrived there today, April 4th.

I also orderd her diapers on Amazon with 2-day Prime shipping. I placed the order on the 1st and it says delivery will be by end of day on the 5th. Unfortunately, the tracking isn't working for this one. I tried calling UPS, and all they can tell me is that they processed the label for shipment. Amazon says that they don't know where in transit it is, just that it is scheduled to be there by the 5th and guaranteed by the end of the day on the 7th.

I'll let you know how it works out!

DH45 ME41 DS20 DD4

1984 off site 1985 off site 6/1999 off site 3/2000 All-Star Movies 5/2001 All-Star Movies 4/2002 All-Star Movies 4/2003 All-Star Movies 2/2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/2005 Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico during Hurricane Wilma! 7/2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge 4/2011 Animal Kingdom Villas 10/2013 Animal Kingdom Villas

dreamsofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #123
ntautz
Sweet Jasmine Place

We never rent a car when traveling to WDW and just use a car service. It is much more affordable if you're never leaving WDW. If you go this route, your driver will happily stop at a grocery store for 30 minutes enroute to your Disney hotel! No extra charge. We load up on groceries -espeiclaly the heavy stuff and away we go! I reccommend it.
Sweet Jasmine Place
ntautz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #124
knitster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2beMrs. View Post
Hi everyone..we are traveling in August (2011) with a 7 month old so the plan is to ship all of the goodies for our child, which is ALOT, directly to the resort since we are flying. Since we are staying at BLT I know it will get shipped to the Comp. resort. Do you know how much it is per package to have a box delivered? Im hoping everything fits in at least 2 boxes since we are ordering everything (diapers, wipes, bottled water, swim diapers, etc. etc.)
We are ordering from Amazon.com so the shipping is 2 days and its free for us. Thanks
I leave for WDW in 4 days and am staying at BLT. I used my Amazon Prime account to have all my 10 month old's diapers, wipes etc shipped over there. I'll come back to this thread when we get back and let you know how it worked.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #125
mouskemomof2
Earning My Ears

For those of you who have shipped luggage, how was it getting everything back home? I am staying at POFQ and need to get my stuff to a convention center (Coronado Springs I think is the closest) and ship from there, right?
mouskemomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #126
vince730
Earning My Ears

Just purchased a case of water from Amazon with the 2-day Prime delivery and have it headed to Pop, scheduled arrival 5/25 (We are coming 5/26).

I assume since its the 2-day delivery they will be using UPS/FedEx and not USPS? Anyone have experience sending something with the 2-day Amazon Prime delivery?

Tell me if I'm correct....If it comes via UPS/FedEx it should be waiting at Bell Services, but if is came via USPS the package will be at some P.O. Box and I'll have to arrange for a delivery time to my room?

Hoping it's the earlier....don't have any time to be sitting around the room waiting for a package! Was planning on just picking it up when we check in at around midnight the night of 5/26 and being done with it.
vince730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #127
RobbieLovesLulu
chasing lulu all over the magic kindgom

Just an FYI, there can be a fee for handling your package depending on the resort. I've had items shipped from Amazon many times to Carribean Beach, Contemporary, and Beach Club Villas. Out of these three, BCV is the only one that charged me the 7 dollar fee for handling the package. CR and CBR gladly delivered my package to my room with no charge added onto the room. YMMV so please be sure to call and check with your resort.

The OP should add that to their post. I was a bit peeved at having to pay for my package when UPS did the work of delivering it, however, the delivery boy said that all the packages for those resorts (i'm guessing Epcot resorts) get delivered to one central location and then sent off to the resorts, so the recipient ends up paying.

RobbieLovesLulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #128
Fishteacher
Mouseketeer

I am looking forward to hearing from the people who had diapers delivered from Amazon.com. I am thinking about doing this however, I am nervous that something will go wrong and I will be stick in Disney without diapers and transportation. Thanks!
Fishteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #129
enth
Earning My Ears

This is great info for my GPS when I try and get around WDW!!!
enth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #130
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Last edited by RHMH; 06-25-2011 at 02:50 PM.
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #131
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Great thread! Thanks so much for the info. I read through the whole thread, but I still don't see an answer on this:

If you ship your luggage to the resort (POLY for us) via UPS, how do you ship it home?

Thanks!!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #132
Disney before Sally
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneefamily+4 View Post
Great thread! Thanks so much for the info. I read through the whole thread, but I still don't see an answer on this:

If you ship your luggage to the resort (POLY for us) via UPS, how do you ship it home?

Thanks!!
I have read the whole thread too.

To ship your luggage back - I have read to pre-pay at the same time you ship for the return labels. Keep the box you shipped it in when you reclaim it at the resort. Pack it back up and put on the new label. The unanswered part is where the UPS drop off location would be. Since UPS delivers directly to the resort. I see no reason why you could not schedule a pick up at the resort. You could schedule that pick up when you pay for the return labels. Otherwise, you can conduct a search for UPS drop off locations at their website, using the zip code of all the resorts found on the first post. I am bringing carry-on luggage for our family and shipping/ordering the rest.

Another unanswered question is what Amazon shipping vendor is used for 2 day, which I would guess could be different every time as USPS also has 2 day deliveries just like UPS or FEDEX.

Thank you for this sticky thread.

Disney before Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #133
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingSphinx View Post
(if this has already been addressed, I apologize)
Due to special dietary requirements, it looks like I'll be ordering groceries to the resort. I plan to stay at CBR; does anyone know if I'd have problems if I set up my order so that it's supposed to arrive at the resort just before/as I do? (I'm thinking we should arrive at CBR around noon-ish) It would be almost all refrigerated items, and in mid-September I'd like to get them safely tucked into the room fridge!
And has anyone ordered fruits/vegetables; is the quality decent? I'd hate to order a bunch of apples and receive stuff I wouldn't pick out for myself in the grocery store!

We used WeGoShop when we stayed at CBR. We ordered bananas and grapes and apples (possibly more fruit, can't recall at the moment) and had no issue with quality that I can remember. The groceries were in the Bell Services area (cold stuff refrigerated) but DH was anxious to get the food in the room, and we were close to the Custom House, so DH grabbed a luggage cart, put our groceries on there, and he and ds wheeled it over to our room (Aruba, so not that far).

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #134
liyixinhua
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the information here.
liyixinhua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:40 AM   #135
JewelsG
Mouseketeer

Timeframe

How long before your arrival can you ship things to the resort - how long will they hold them for you?

DW 1985 (Offsite) DW 2004 (Offsite) DL 2008 (Offsite) DW 2011 (Pop) DW 2012 (POFQ) DW 2014 (Pop)
JewelsG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: