Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #106
piraterunner
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever bought something off ebay and had it delivered to a resort? I am from Canada and wanted to buy a Maclaren stroller to use on our trip. How long will they hold the package for? Thank you!
piraterunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #107
Rutledla
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the tips, especially about using FedEx, etc. instead of USPS. Anyone know how long Disney will keep them at Front Desk?
Rutledla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #108
Redarrow5150
DIS Veteran

Sorry about this but after going through this message thread I'm not seeing how to ship things BACK home with UPS? Does Disney have a place at the resorts? Do you have to have it packaged and boxed up in returning it back home? Are we going to need to ship inside the box to our resort another box so we can send it back home? Thanks.
Redarrow5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #109
BDJazz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarrow5150 View Post
Sorry about this but after going through this message thread I'm not seeing how to ship things BACK home with UPS? Does Disney have a place at the resorts? Do you have to have it packaged and boxed up in returning it back home? Are we going to need to ship inside the box to our resort another box so we can send it back home? Thanks.
As you make purchases throughout WDW you can opt to have it sent back home for you (for a fee). You purchase the product, fill out a slip, and it is shipped directly to you. In terms of shipping everything at once after the point of sale I'm not sure where Disney has a place to do this...

BDJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #110
Redarrow5150
DIS Veteran

Thanks but I'm not talking about purchasing items. I submitted this an another thread but if I were to ship an air mattress to our resort I would have no problem getting it there but what about sending it back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDJazz View Post
As you make purchases throughout WDW you can opt to have it sent back home for you (for a fee). You purchase the product, fill out a slip, and it is shipped directly to you. In terms of shipping everything at once after the point of sale I'm not sure where Disney has a place to do this...
Redarrow5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #111
kevallen
Mouseketeer

I know several people have asked but I haven't heard an answer. Has anyone used their Amazon Prime free 2 day shipping to have groceries sent to their resort? How was the timing? Any problems?

-2004 Fort Wilderness, 2006 Fort Wilderness, 2008 Fort Wilderness & Port Orleans Riverside, 2009 Swan, 2009 CSR
kevallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #112
Soon2beMrs.
Mouseketeer

Cost to Deliver to BLT

Hi everyone..we are traveling in August (2011) with a 7 month old so the plan is to ship all of the goodies for our child, which is ALOT, directly to the resort since we are flying. Since we are staying at BLT I know it will get shipped to the Comp. resort. Do you know how much it is per package to have a box delivered? Im hoping everything fits in at least 2 boxes since we are ordering everything (diapers, wipes, bottled water, swim diapers, etc. etc.)
We are ordering from Amazon.com so the shipping is 2 days and its free for us. Thanks
Soon2beMrs. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #113
goofy1983
Earning My Ears

this is a very informational thread..thanks all, for the info!
goofy1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #114
dissybroad
Hidden Mickey, Palo Alto, CA. Located on University Ave. under Caltrain tracks

Thanks everybody!

Will be using GG to BLT in December but was vaguely anxious about cans of nutritional supplement for Mom's tube feedings. She already has it delivered to her, so sounds like shipping it by common carrier from home will work best.

Ya'll have really helped relieve some of my stress.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #115
disnee4life
Dream as though you'll live forever

Use UPS they ares the fastest
Old 03-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #116
careyr24
Earning My Ears

We love this service!

We use this service EVERY TIME! Little or Big we send over to our resort
careyr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #117
crazy_for_disney
Earning My Ears

I have the same question as Kevallen. My daughter's special formula is hard to find in grocery stores and it is not available from Gardengrocer.com
I can get it from Amazon with free prime shipping which comes UPS. We will be staying at Boardwalk Villas with a cash reservation next month so I was going to send it about a week ahead of time. If I call to make sure it arrives will they be able to tell me?
crazy_for_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #118
dreamsofdisney
Still has a little Mickey Dust sprinkled on her desk from her last trip "home"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_for_disney View Post
I have the same question as Kevallen. My daughter's special formula is hard to find in grocery stores and it is not available from Gardengrocer.com
I can get it from Amazon with free prime shipping which comes UPS. We will be staying at Boardwalk Villas with a cash reservation next month so I was going to send it about a week ahead of time. If I call to make sure it arrives will they be able to tell me?
I'll let you know when we get back. We leave in one week for AKV -Jambo House!

My daughter is g-tube fed and depends on her Pediasure for her nutrition. It is covered by insurance, so I hated to fork over $80-$100 to order more through Amazon, even though they had free 2 day Prime shipping. We'll be there 11 days including the two travel days, so I opted to take about two cases and ship them via UPS to the resort. (I'll have a dozen or so cans with us for the trip and to hold us over in case of any delays in receiving the package.) We're arriving on April 6th, and I sent it out today via UPS Ground with the "guaranteed" delivery by end of day on April 4th. It cost about $30. UPS provided a tracking number so I could keep an eye on things. There's supposed to be a snowstorm on the East Coast this week that they said might delay the shipment by a day. I'm a little nervous about things getting there safely, but keeping my fingers crossed!

We are using my Amazon Prime membership to ship diapers to the resort. I plan on ordering on Friday with the 2 day shipping so they'll be there in plenty of time for our Wednesday arrival. I'll let you know how it goes!

SIDE NOTE: When I went to the UPS Store today to ship our package, I used the info from the original post. I noted that the mailing address for Animal Kingdom Lodge was in Bay Lake and not Lake Buena Vista, so that's how I labeled my package. When I got to the UPS store, he entered the zip into the computer and said the only options were Lake Buena Vista or Orlando. I opted for Lake Buena Vista, but hope that doesn't cause any issues in delivery???

DH45 ME41 DS20 DD4

1984 off site 1985 off site 6/1999 off site 3/2000 All-Star Movies 5/2001 All-Star Movies 4/2002 All-Star Movies 4/2003 All-Star Movies 2/2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/2005 Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico during Hurricane Wilma! 7/2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge 4/2011 Animal Kingdom Villas 10/2013 Animal Kingdom Villas

dreamsofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #119
DisneyWorldPlanner
Earning My Ears

Thanks for posting. I never even considered this! Great to know it is an option!

Join Our Team Today! Rewarded on your trip and Family/Friends: https://www.gatewaytomagic.com/Agent_Opportunities.html
Wife to Josh, Mommy to Austin (2) and Brielyn (7 Months)
DisneyWorldPlanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #120
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

*** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Thanks!
DL50Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: