Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #241
garnet1240
Please stand clear of the doors.....

Shipping cost?

We have always shipped a box down to our resort for years. Can you let me know what the cost was for you to ship your box this year? I'm coming up with close to $35 to ship our box this year....in past years its been $15 or under....

I'm debating just doing a checked bag for $20....
Old 09-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #242
Zim
Meow meow

So I'm about to ship our costumes down... I can send them today and they arrive the day before we do, or I can send them tomorrow and they should arrive the same day we get there....

I think I might opt to send it out today as the UPS system is telling me it doesn't recognize the address (AoA address) and it might delay shipment??? Anyone else get this screen or is this because the AoA is such a new resort? Or maybe the fact that I'm using the first line in the address lines for our reservation number and the second address line as the actual address. Any suggestions?

Also has anyone ever then shipped something HOME from the resort? Should I have an UPS label printed for a specific send out date ready to go or will they do that at the front desk?

Last edited by Zim; 09-17-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #243
Zim
Meow meow

Update - just got off the phone with the AoA hotel CM... when I asked about UPS not recognizing the address she confirmed it's because it's so new probably not in their system yet.

More importantly, someone correct me if she's wrong, she said NOT to put your Reservation number or Room number on the package, instead provide your name and your check in date and they can find the rest of the information from that. But identity thieves can utilize your reservation number or room number to collect personal information.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #244
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Hi! I was wondering if anyone ever tried to ship their Photopass+ to their resort, would that work?
Old 09-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #245
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Hi all,

Sorry, it's our Back to School night tonight so I haven't read through this whole thread.

It's been a year since we last went...and our first time staying at AS Music.

Does AS Music charge for receiving deliveries?

Does AKV Jambo charge for receiving deliveries (last few times I went they did not)?

Does OKW charge for receiving deliveries (I thought they might).

Thanks!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #246
Sandmanswife9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 626 Fan
Has anyone had any experience shipping their luggage to the resort? Not the bags themselves, but a box containing all the things one would pack for a vacation? I've been looking at sending a box FedEx and if I can keep the weight reasonable it works out cheaper than checking a bag on Spirit (which I foolishly booked before learning how evil it was).

I assume it would work the same as shipping anything else, but anyone actually try it? Also, I haven't seen a definite answer regarding shipping from the hotel to home. I'm staying at ASMo. If I take everything already packaged and labeled up to the front desk will they send it out?

I read through this whole thread a few weeks ago, but now I have new questions and I don't remember them being answered here, but I'm not going all the way back through to double check!
Just curious as to what kind of problems you had with Spirit? I have flown with them several times in the past and have had no problems, although it has been a few years since I have flown with them.
Sandmanswife9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #247
krismusc313
Mouseketeer

does anyone know if the HESS across from DTD is still there? i read it in the post from 2010 so I just want to make sure. I am thinking ill just go there instead of shipping water down.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #248
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any experience shipping Amazon and other retails to your resort?
Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #249
dealia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenscoroots View Post
Great thread with some great info. I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to here. Can I order wine (I'm assuming one of the online grocery stores there would have it) and have it shipped to my resort along with my groceries? Or is this not legal in Florida? I have used GardenGrocer in the past, with great results, but didn't order wine.
I know that Garden Grocer has Beer. I belive you must fax them your D.L.
The instructions are on thier web site.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #250
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80
Does anyone have any experience shipping Amazon and other retails to your resort?
Lots if people have done it. Varies significantly depending on the resort. I'm planning to ship a Christmas tree and an air bed to BWV in Dec.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #251
krismusc313
Mouseketeer

we arrive at POFQ on 10/13. how long will they hold the delivery for? when do you suggest I place my order?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #252
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusc313
we arrive at POFQ on 10/13. how long will they hold the delivery for? when do you suggest I place my order?
We stayed at CBR in June and I shipped our boxes on Monday for our Saturday arrival. When we checked in they had them and delivered them to our rooms for us. It was really painless and easy. I am planning on doing it again on our next stay in 2013. We also brought prepaid shipping labels and used the boxes to ship stuff home. They took care of all of it for us when we checked out.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #253
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Disneystore.com deliveries to OKW

Hi we will be checking into OKW next june, (I know a long time away) and I am thinking of ordering some goodies for my kids via the disneystore.com (princess dresses etc, I'm sure they will still be selling them come may time ) and wondered if I could get it delivered to the resort and whether I would get charged for delivering it there by the hotel. Also how much in advance should I order it to get there in time, some items will be personalised. Thanks and hope someone can advise me.
phi2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #254
dealia
Earning My Ears

The address listed in the beginning of the post that is listed for the Port orleans Riverside is not recognized by ups when I go to print the label. Any suggestions?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #255
*TheWigs*
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at BLT...would we just ship to CR address or is there a separate address for BLT? Thanks!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: