Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #226
Inauguralfantasy2012
Earning My Ears

Good info thanks

Heading down to Port Orleans Riverside and have to ship a few items. Loved all the feedback.
Inauguralfantasy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #227
Michellez54
Earning My Ears

We are flying in around Thanksgiving and I was thinking about shipping some of our toiletries (and probably some snacks) to the Beach Club so we don't have to check any luggage. Our flight doesn't arrive until really late at night. Does anyone know if we'll be able to pick up the package when we check in around 1 am or if we'll have to wait until morning?

Do you think it might be easier to use Garden Grocer or another delivery service for these items? Would it be easier to pick up this way?

Can't wait!
Michellez54 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #228
DOREEN1779
Mouseketeer

I shipped last year ro AKL with no issues. This year we are at BLT. I use UPS and was wondering how I label the header. Do I just put " Bay Lake Towers" or "Bay Lake Towers/Contempory Resort?".
DOREEN1779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #229
Zim
Meow meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Dis4Me View Post
I am also looking for the shipping address for Art of Animation if anyone has it! ?Thanks.
Same here! We want to ship our costumes for the MNSSHP!

Actually, just called them - here it is

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
407-938-7000
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #230
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Same here! We want to ship our costumes for the MNSSHP!

Actually, just called them - here it is

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
407-938-7000
This is the adress I used. Gonna call them to ensure they received my address. I saw another address floating around but this is the address on their site.
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #231
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellez54 View Post
We are flying in around Thanksgiving and I was thinking about shipping some of our toiletries (and probably some snacks) to the Beach Club so we don't have to check any luggage. Our flight doesn't arrive until really late at night. Does anyone know if we'll be able to pick up the package when we check in around 1 am or if we'll have to wait until morning?

Do you think it might be easier to use Garden Grocer or another delivery service for these items? Would it be easier to pick up this way?

Can't wait!
Last time I tried this at Beach club, they chrarged us. We only had bottledwater delivered, but it made the whole idea not really worthwhile- I think it was $10 for each twelve pack of water. Yowsa!

Many DISers swear by Garden Grocer. For me, I did not find it worthwhile, so I've never used them. I'm not looking to cook, so buying just the few things I would buy doesn't seem like a good deal to me. (between the high prices and the deliver fee)

I also saw recently that Whole Foods delivers for like $20 (though also not bargain option).

However, even though I only buy a few things...I quickly see a few groceries as a viable way to offset the cost of a rental car, wiht the advantage of weeklong convenience. If you are looking mainly for toiletries (water, a few basic foods), then there are many Walgreens stores in area, and many are open 24 hours. So that's an option.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #232
NikkiStack
Earning My Ears

Shipping to Resort

Since our last 4 trips have been with diaper age children in tow...we always UPS a box of diapers, wipes, swimming diapers, kids snacks, disposable sippy cups, etc. WL delivers the box to our room. In earlier trips we would then UPS the box back with all our souvenirs (and truth be told, sometimes dirty laundry as packing material- I know- TMI). We haven't done that in a couple years and I think that I overheard something at the front desk last time that you could only ship from the resort via FedEx now which was much more expense than UPS... But I definately recommend shipping if you don't want to spend valuable vacation time shopping and you need to make sure you have specific items/brands.
NikkiStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #233
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Question

How far ahead is a reasonable amount of time (from the Resort's perspective) to have shipped items arrive? I want to order sun creams and some other items from Amazon and really need them to arrive when/before we do, but I am not sure if I'm too early. It won't be a large box. Working on the estimates given the items should arrive about a week before we do. Is that inappropriate? Should I place the order a few days later?

Thanks guys. I am just aware that Disney isn't a storage facility so trying to find the balance between making sure we don't leave anything to chance and being fair on them at the same time.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #234
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

Using USPS?

I noticed on the first page, it said NOT to use USPS because it will take longer due to being sent to the p.o. boxes. If I send my stuff tomorrow, will it get there for us when we check in on the 1st? I would rather use USPS because it is a lot cheaper and we actually have a post office in our town rather than me having to drive 2 towns over to go to Fed Ex.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #235
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985
I noticed on the first page, it said NOT to use USPS because it will take longer due to being sent to the p.o. boxes. If I send my stuff tomorrow, will it get there for us when we check in on the 1st? I would rather use USPS because it is a lot cheaper and we actually have a post office in our town rather than me having to drive 2 towns over to go to Fed Ex.
If you read through the entire thread this doesn't seem as cut and dried. Results seem to vary significantly and is highly dependent on the resort. I wouldn't stress over it.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #236
rewok
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
I ordered lots of stuff from Amazon shipped to the ASMusic over the years, and many of these packages were send with USPS (Amazon doesn't give you a choice...) All of these made it safely, under 10 calendar days. I have no idea when they actually arrived at the resort, but they 10 days after the order was placed I checked-in & got my packages.
rewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #237
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
This is the adress I used. Gonna call them to ensure they received my address. I saw another address floating around but this is the address on their site.

uhoh I called and they gave me 901 Century Drive. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow.

ETA: I called and spoke to Josie at AoA. She said 1850 Animation Way *is* the correct address. However, as long as the package says "Disney's Art of Animation Resort" it will end up at AoA. That's what happened with mine. Also she said they keep packages at the front desk. For some reason I had Bell Services in my head.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012

Last edited by jenjie; 08-23-2012 at 01:18 PM.
jenjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #238
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOREEN1779 View Post
I shipped last year ro AKL with no issues. This year we are at BLT. I use UPS and was wondering how I label the header. Do I just put " Bay Lake Towers" or "Bay Lake Towers/Contempory Resort?".
Does BLT have its own receiving area independent from the convention center at the contemporary? Were you charged for the delivery?
BrerNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #239
jenjie
DIS Veteran

When a checked in, the CM brought out the package and showed it to me. She had me sign for it and said she would have it sent to our room. Why I didn't just take it then, I don't know.

I spent more time at the front desk over that box! It never showed up so I asked at the desk. They went looking for it. Then put a runner on the job. He came to our room a half hour later, looking for more information. I know he put in a lot of effort looking for it. It was finally, finally located later that evening when another guest called to say it had been delivered to the wrong room.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
jenjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #240
kjetjl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_girl125 View Post
Has anyone shipped to all star movies? I called on the phone to verify the shipping address and was given 1901 W Buena Vista Dr, but in the sticky here it says 1991 W Buena Vista Drive. I used what they gave me on the phone, so hopefully my stuff arrives.
Also I will be arriving in 13 days, and I see my 2 case of water will be there tomorrow. Will they hold it for that long? I have an air mattress being delivered too, but that tracking info isn't up yet. I ordered now so the stuff would be there on time. I didn't think it would be that fast!!
I thought I had done all my "homework" and went to order today. I noticed the difference in the addresses just as I was about to hit submit. I called and was told 1901? Did your order arrive ok? Did Movies charge a package fee like I have been reading at some of the resorts? ugh now I am so nervous.
kjetjl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: