Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #211
toomanycars

Trying to make life a "E" ticket ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGal358 View Post
Just placed an order for 2 cases of water from Walmart. Total was $8.90 with shipping.

We arrive at Pop Century this Saturday (May 12). It said delivery would be between May 9-14. Hope everything goes smoothly. Worst case scenario it's only $9.

Thanks for the tips everybody!!
Lets us know how it worked out for you. Also did you have any trouble shipping to a non-billing address with Walmart?

2014 OKY ** 2013 VWL/BLT ** 2012 AKV ** 2011 BLT/POR/AKV ** 2010 BC ** 2010 POR/Poly ** 2009 CBR ** 2008 POP ** 2007 POP ** 2006 Off Site ** 2005 Off Site ** 2004 Off Site
toomanycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #212
disney_girl125
Mouseketeer

Has anyone shipped to all star movies? I called on the phone to verify the shipping address and was given 1901 W Buena Vista Dr, but in the sticky here it says 1991 W Buena Vista Drive. I used what they gave me on the phone, so hopefully my stuff arrives.
Also I will be arriving in 13 days, and I see my 2 case of water will be there tomorrow. Will they hold it for that long? I have an air mattress being delivered too, but that tracking info isn't up yet. I ordered now so the stuff would be there on time. I didn't think it would be that fast!!
disney_girl125 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #213
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Great thread. Told me exactly what I needed to know. I'm planning to ship a small Christmas tree to BWV in Dec. Should work just fine.

Just to add some info on shipping From the resorts -- we always ship our souvenirs now. We shipped from BWV and Dolphin - both have shipping centers where we purchased boxes. They taped them up for us and we shipped home via UPS Ground. Took a week to get our stuff, but was super cheap and convenient. My understanding is that if your resort doesn't have it's own shipping center you can go through the front desk/gift shop.

On our last trip we wanted to ship home 2 cases of wine and sake. Mostly sake because we can't get nearly the selection locally. You can't ship alcohol normally, but it turns out you can check it with most airlines. So I ordered two if those wine boxes with the styrofoam boxes from an online box place and had them shipped to my mom in FL. The empty boxes were cheap and you could have them shipped directly to the resort. Then at the end of our trip we packed them up and checked the at DME with our luggage. Yes, it cost $25 each but it was worth it for us to be able to have all that sake at home. I should also mention, that when we bought the sake in Epcot, they really packed it well.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #214
nannye
DIS Veteran

I need to ship to port Orleans riverside can I ship through Canada post with the faster shipping? The 3-5 days. I know I read that I need to send fed ex but I was wondering about Canada postand I dont have time to read through the whole thread.
Thanks in advance
Erin

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #215
brittni26
Earning My Ears

Shipping strollers?

Hello!

My brothers & I are planning on shipping 3 strollers down to CBR in August. We had planned on purchasing them through Walmart online, and then putting the resort address in as the shipping address. The default shipping client would be USPS.

After reading through everything here, I'm wondering if perhaps we're better off getting the free 'Site-to-Store' shipping, picking them up at our local Walmart, and then walking to the other end of the plaza to the UPS Store and shipping them ourselves from there?

Also, is there a definitive answer on whether UPS/FedEx packages ALL go to the convention center and have a fee, and USPS packages are sent directly to the front desk?

Thanks for any info or suggestions!!!

~Brittni
brittni26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #216
disney_girl125
Mouseketeer

Just a fyi...I had walmart deliver to all star movies. I ordered 2 cases of water. It made it to the resort, but walmart messed my order up. They only shipped me one case of water. I did finally get ahold of them and they refunded me for the case of water. I would have rather of had the case of water because $4 for a case is alot cheaper then $2 per bottle!! So, I won't be ordering from them again.
disney_girl125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #217
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

Checking a box on SW?

Has anybody tried this or know if it can be done, checking a box for luggage on SW?
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #218
amwildwood
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI
Has anybody tried this or know if it can be done, checking a box for luggage on SW?
I can't post a link to SW (disboards rule), but google their travels fees schedule.

/html/customer-service/travel-fees.html

I've been researching this and a read thru the SW site and google search says yes. I have done this on other airlines. Make sure to follow SW rules of under 50 lbs and less than 62 linear inches. I would add to clearly lable the box with identifying info and have sturdy box. I've sent presentation materials and wine this way. The wine was doubled boxed and cushioned.

I plan to check a box for a sept trip with food and a bottle or two of wine. I also plan to ME it with a few pieces of luggage.

My sister ships her bike on southwest, but they do charge her $50 per SW rules - oversized. Hope that helps.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #219
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amwildwood View Post
I can't post a link to SW (disboards rule), but google their travels fees schedule.

/html/customer-service/travel-fees.html

I've been researching this and a read thru the SW site and google search says yes. I have done this on other airlines. Make sure to follow SW rules of under 50 lbs and less than 62 linear inches. I would add to clearly lable the box with identifying info and have sturdy box. I've sent presentation materials and wine this way. The wine was doubled boxed and cushioned.

I plan to check a box for a sept trip with food and a bottle or two of wine. I also plan to ME it with a few pieces of luggage.

My sister ships her bike on southwest, but they do charge her $50 per SW rules - oversized. Hope that helps.
We use an older suitcase, hard sided, in which we pack food items. We double/triple wrap everything which might break and spill. We have even loaded up a carryon sized suitcase with wine and shipped via our check on luggage.

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #220
allidale
Earning My Ears

Art of Animation Address?

I want to ship something to our resort in September but I didn't see it listed in the first post, does anyone have the shipping address for Art of Animation??
allidale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #221
nannye
DIS Veteran

My experience with shipping purolator to Port Orleans from Canada did not go well!

The package was mailed on a tuesday it was 3 business days and should have gotten there on monday delivered directly by courier to Port Orleans. (Keep in mind the 4th of July holiday knocked out one of our days) I had hoped it would get there on friday since it would be in canada on the 4th and not actually leaving until the 5th. Ya right!

So it was mailed on Tuesday the 3rd, leaving the post office the am of the 4th (in canada) I tracked it online) and it bounced around to 3 different offices in Canada and then it sat at customs for 2 DAYS!!!!!!! Finally it was travelled out on friday early AM by truck and went to detroit, then ohio, then somewhere else and FINALLY got to Jacksonville Florida on Monday the 9th at 8 AM I was like wohoooo i'll get it today since we need it on Tuesday and it was guaranteed to be there on the Monday (yes cutting it close, but what can I say) It was a last minute shipping and we only did it because it was courier and guaranteed to be there on Monday. The end of the day on Monday I haven't gotten a call from the front desk that it arrivied so I stop in. No it is not there, they call around for me, nope it hasn't been delivered yet. EXCUSE ME? so back to the room where I track it. It didn't leave Jacksonville until 9 PM!!!! Okay well I'll get it Tuesday, we are taking a mid day break so at least I'll get it mid day.

We come back tuesday and no call from front desk. I look it up online to see that it was delivered at 11 am. I go to the front desk and no it hasn't arrived. Instead of being delivered to the front desk like it was supposed to it was delivered to Disney's internal mail.

I was so mad. I finally got it late wed afternoon. So we didn't get it in time.

My brother mailed it and address was filled out exactly as it was supposed to be designating front desk etc... My mom got a call about the package from customs. The reason it was held for a day at customs was because the contents of the package weren't declared. Because of that it was held for a day and that is why it was late. (well then it should have got there tuesday) It isn't their fault it is late. Ummm well the person my brother dealt with then didn't do their job properly. It's their responsibility to make sure everything is filled out.

And after it crossed the border it was delivered to USPS I think and that is why it took so long. So Shipping from Canada to your resort---- I don't recommend it!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #222
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

Best and cheapest way to ship a box of snack/breakfast food to the beach club? I've heard conflicting things....FedEx, UPS, USPS??? Thanks a bunch
29 days
Carriesouthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #223
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

This is great information! We are going to send a box with toiletries and snacks. Then we will use Walmart to order a case of water. I am wondering about ordering wine and beer to be delivered too. Maybe some place like www.shoppersvineyard.com Has anyone ever tried that?
Old 07-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #224
123Dis4Me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allidale View Post
I want to ship something to our resort in September but I didn't see it listed in the first post, does anyone have the shipping address for Art of Animation??
I am also looking for the shipping address for Art of Animation if anyone has it! ?Thanks.
123Dis4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #225
PurolatorHelp
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
My experience with shipping purolator to Port Orleans from Canada did not go well!

The package was mailed on a tuesday it was 3 business days and should have gotten there on monday delivered directly by courier to Port Orleans. (Keep in mind the 4th of July holiday knocked out one of our days) I had hoped it would get there on friday since it would be in canada on the 4th and not actually leaving until the 5th. Ya right!

So it was mailed on Tuesday the 3rd, leaving the post office the am of the 4th (in canada) I tracked it online) and it bounced around to 3 different offices in Canada and then it sat at customs for 2 DAYS!!!!!!! Finally it was travelled out on friday early AM by truck and went to detroit, then ohio, then somewhere else and FINALLY got to Jacksonville Florida on Monday the 9th at 8 AM I was like wohoooo i'll get it today since we need it on Tuesday and it was guaranteed to be there on the Monday (yes cutting it close, but what can I say) It was a last minute shipping and we only did it because it was courier and guaranteed to be there on Monday. The end of the day on Monday I haven't gotten a call from the front desk that it arrivied so I stop in. No it is not there, they call around for me, nope it hasn't been delivered yet. EXCUSE ME? so back to the room where I track it. It didn't leave Jacksonville until 9 PM!!!! Okay well I'll get it Tuesday, we are taking a mid day break so at least I'll get it mid day.

We come back tuesday and no call from front desk. I look it up online to see that it was delivered at 11 am. I go to the front desk and no it hasn't arrived. Instead of being delivered to the front desk like it was supposed to it was delivered to Disney's internal mail.

I was so mad. I finally got it late wed afternoon. So we didn't get it in time.

My brother mailed it and address was filled out exactly as it was supposed to be designating front desk etc... My mom got a call about the package from customs. The reason it was held for a day at customs was because the contents of the package weren't declared. Because of that it was held for a day and that is why it was late. (well then it should have got there tuesday) It isn't their fault it is late. Ummm well the person my brother dealt with then didn't do their job properly. It's their responsibility to make sure everything is filled out.

And after it crossed the border it was delivered to USPS I think and that is why it took so long. So Shipping from Canada to your resort---- I don't recommend it!
Hello nannye,
I apologize for any inconvenience stemming from this shipping incident. After reading your post, I am not sure this package has travelled with Purolator.
I would like to look into it for you and follow up with the responsible people should this delay be a result of Purolator errors.
You can send me the tracking number at customer.care @purolator .com.
Regards,
Vincent / Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.
PurolatorHelp is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: