Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #196
626 Fan
Earning My Ears

Has anyone had any experience shipping their luggage to the resort? Not the bags themselves, but a box containing all the things one would pack for a vacation? I've been looking at sending a box FedEx and if I can keep the weight reasonable it works out cheaper than checking a bag on Spirit (which I foolishly booked before learning how evil it was).

I assume it would work the same as shipping anything else, but anyone actually try it? Also, I haven't seen a definite answer regarding shipping from the hotel to home. I'm staying at ASMo. If I take everything already packaged and labeled up to the front desk will they send it out?

I read through this whole thread a few weeks ago, but now I have new questions and I don't remember them being answered here, but I'm not going all the way back through to double check!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #197
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

what is the ideal time frame to plan for delivery on your package - day of check-in, day before or 2 days before?

when you check-in, how do you retrieve the package? would front desk know or do I ask someone else for the package?

I will be staying at CR. thx!
creamypuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #198
BDJazz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamypuffs View Post
what is the ideal time frame to plan for delivery on your package - day of check-in, day before or 2 days before?

when you check-in, how do you retrieve the package? would front desk know or do I ask someone else for the package?

If it were me I would probably plan for delivery they day or 2 before arrival. UPS and fedex are pretty darn good at predicting delivery dates. From what I have heard on the boards (I have not done this personally) the front desk is who would handle the package for you.

It might not be a bad idea to call ahead of time and speak with someone to put a note on your account that a package will be arriving for you. I'd also include your reservation # on the packing label if possible just to be 110% sure!

Hope this helps..

BDJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #199
Lumina Lux
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Try what I have typed below. I just made a dummy order and put in this information. It worked for me. I canceled the order before adding payment. kate

Full Name: Your Name and Reservation number
Address Line 1: c/o Disney Pop Century Resort
Address Line 2: 1050 Century Drive
City: Lake Buena Vista
State: FL
Zip: 32830
Phone: 407-938-4000
Thank's SO MUCH for your help!
Lumina Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #200
JessAnne
Earning My Ears

yey

what a great thread
JessAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #201
KetchupMustache
Earning My Ears

Nice

Nice!
KetchupMustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #202
minster22
DIS Veteran

Anyone here with any experience shipping anything to Kidani Villas? I only see the address for Animal Kingdom Lodge with no distinction between the two hotels.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #203
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Thanks for starting this thread Disneyguy. We are going in June with my brother and his family and they are planning to ship items down. This thread managed to answer all our questions. Again a hearty thanks
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #204
brianheather
DVC MEMBER AKV 09 SARATOGA SPRINGS 2010 & Boardwalk Villas 2011

Hello, I had a question about the items that can be shipped. We just bought into the Owners Locker and would love to bring down full size shampoos and other items, can these be shipped via ups.?

brianheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #205
SteelerCountry
Mouseketeer

If your staying @ all star music..

Heading down 9/6-9/17, will have a car. Let me know if you need water usually make a few beer and wine runs at super walmart.
SteelerCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #206
DisneyGal358
Mouseketeer

Just placed an order for 2 cases of water from Walmart. Total was $8.90 with shipping.

We arrive at Pop Century this Saturday (May 12). It said delivery would be between May 9-14. Hope everything goes smoothly. Worst case scenario it's only $9.

Thanks for the tips everybody!!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #207
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 626 Fan View Post
Has anyone had any experience shipping their luggage to the resort? Not the bags themselves, but a box containing all the things one would pack for a vacation? I've been looking at sending a box FedEx and if I can keep the weight reasonable it works out cheaper than checking a bag on Spirit (which I foolishly booked before learning how evil it was).

I assume it would work the same as shipping anything else, but anyone actually try it? Also, I haven't seen a definite answer regarding shipping from the hotel to home. I'm staying at ASMo. If I take everything already packaged and labeled up to the front desk will they send it out?

I read through this whole thread a few weeks ago, but now I have new questions and I don't remember them being answered here, but I'm not going all the way back through to double check!
I just did this. I packed a box with all of our clothes, sunscreen, etc., for the week and sent it via UPS. I also had some baby supplies delivered from diapers.com and a food delivery from gardengrocer. At the end of the trip the resort concierge arranged for the boxes to be shipped back. I brought a small carry on the plane anyway, with a change of clothes, bathing suits and a small amount of baby supplies just in case. It was no problem, the box was there and delivered to the room once we arrived. I highly recommend doing it, it was great!

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #208
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianheather View Post
Hello, I had a question about the items that can be shipped. We just bought into the Owners Locker and would love to bring down full size shampoos and other items, can these be shipped via ups.?
I don't see why not, I sent a box of supplies including toiletries via UPS.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #209
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minster22 View Post
Anyone here with any experience shipping anything to Kidani Villas? I only see the address for Animal Kingdom Lodge with no distinction between the two hotels.
I just got back from a stay at Kidani (I rented points) and shipped a box via UPS as well as had a diapers.com order delivered there. I did put Kidani on the shipping label after AKL, not sure if that was necessary or not, I figured it didn't hurt.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #210
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamypuffs View Post

My delivery arrived about 5 days before I checked in. When I checked in I mentioned the delivery and she said yes, it was noted that it had been received. Someone from bell services brought it to the room.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: