Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2011, 03:48 AM   #151
join95278
Earning My Ears

I have regarding shipping to the hotel
join95278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #152
ktbugsmom
DIS Veteran

thymed,
Thanks stinks! I hate it when front desk people are rude...

I was just at SSR in March - and the front desk CM was very kind and had my UPS package at the front desk for me. But, things could have changed since then. (change happens, right?)

Or - maybe since Yacht and Beach Club are a "convention" resorts, that could be the issue as well. I hope that is not the case in August when we go to BLT. I was planning on shipping a box...
Sue
ktbugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #153
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Do the resorts charge a fee to have things delivered by Garden Grocer?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #154
anorman
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information. I am planning on having a copy of Guide to the Magic for Kids sent to POR to be waiting for me on arrival. It will make a nice welcome surprise for my DDs ages 8 and 10. It will cost me only $5 to send it to the resort but more than $20 to send it to my home address in Canada to bring with me. Can't wait!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #155
Girls1
Mouseketeer

In case anyone was wondering. I just called POP today and asked them about shipping to the resort. They said they would be happy to accept packages for us and the packages would be available at the front desk at no cost.
I was told to be sure the package is sent in care of the name on the ressie as well as the check-in date. And after that,she wished me a magical day.
I love calling Disney.
Girls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #156
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Usps

This thread has tons of great info - thanks!

I'm looking to ship a package from an online retailer to the Boardwalk Villas when I'm there in September, and although the package is sent via Streamlite, it is then given to USPS and the final part of the package's journey is done by USPS. There's no way to avoid this or have it shipped via a different company.

Other posters had said that their USPS packages did indeed arrive at their hotels -- does it just take longer due to having to go through Disney's processing facility? If I allow an extra week, would that be sufficient? Living in Canada, having the option to order products from a company that won't ship to Canada is an exciting possibility.

Any help or experiences shipping to the resorts via USPS would be great!

Thanks in advance!
lildamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #157
queenof3
Eeyore's my favorite!

Bay Lake Tower

Stupid question...We are going to Bay Lake Tower and I just want to make sure I use the Contemporary address, right? There is no separate address? Thanks for answering stupid questions!
queenof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #158
candielips
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how long in advance you can order something online and have it shipped to your resort?
I have gone through this whole thread and seen the same question asked several times but no answers.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #159
tinker&belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
Does anyone know how long in advance you can order something online and have it shipped to your resort?
I have gone through this whole thread and seen the same question asked several times but no answers.
I ordered water from Staples in 2006 online and it came just fine.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #160
candielips
DIS Veteran

I guess what I meant was how long will they hold the pkg for you before you check in. We check in in 18 days and there are a few things I wanted to have shipped to the resort and I am wondering how long I should wait to order.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #161
ktbugsmom
DIS Veteran

candielips,
I look at the UPS shipping time frames and then ship based on that.

So - for us - we are arriving this Saturday, so I shipped via UPS on Monday - so it should arrive on Thursday. Wisconsin to Florida SHOULD be 3 days but - there could be delays, so I planned an extra day.

UPS does not deliver on Saturday unless you pay extra (and ship 1 or 2 day air) and they do not count the day it was shipped. So for me, I shipped on Monday - 3 days should put it there Thursday (Tues, Weds, Thurs count as shipping days) - but to be safe I allowed one day for UPS "issues".

We arrive on Friday - so my hope is that our box is there.

Check UPS, FedEx web sites - or however you are shipping to determine delivery time and go from there. I would plan an extra day to be safe....
Sue
Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #162
thymed
Mouseketeer

Returned from our vacation August 6th. I wanted to give a quick update. We checked out of Yacht Club on August 27th, the concierge at Yacht Club was wonderful I asked her to check and make sure our request to be placed in the mansions at POR were documented on our new reservation. She checked and found out that the room was ready and she was able to give me the room number and keys for our room at POR. I had already done the online check in so that eased the process! Anyhow, later in the day when we stopped into POR to check into our room I asked if I had any packages and they went into the back and brought out three packages for me. ALl had arrived by USPS Priority mail and there was no charge for any of them. So apparently, at least with my most recent experience USPS packages are fine and no extra charge. Packages sent UPS or FED EX are now picked up at the convention center (AT LEAST if you stay at the Yacht Club) and they charge you per package. Hope this info is helpful to anyone else traveling to the WOrld and having packages sent
thymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:33 AM   #163
ktbugsmom
DIS Veteran

BLT charges

Checked into BLT on August 13. $15 charge for UPS package. But, they brought it to the room within 15 minutes of the call.

Given my airline only charged $15 per bag (online check in) - I should have saved the UPS fee and the BLT fee... would have been cheaper to check my box! Drat.
Sue
Old 08-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #164
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymed View Post
Returned from our vacation August 6th. I wanted to give a quick update. We checked out of Yacht Club on August 27th, the concierge at Yacht Club was wonderful I asked her to check and make sure our request to be placed in the mansions at POR were documented on our new reservation. She checked and found out that the room was ready and she was able to give me the room number and keys for our room at POR. I had already done the online check in so that eased the process! Anyhow, later in the day when we stopped into POR to check into our room I asked if I had any packages and they went into the back and brought out three packages for me. ALl had arrived by USPS Priority mail and there was no charge for any of them. So apparently, at least with my most recent experience USPS packages are fine and no extra charge. Packages sent UPS or FED EX are now picked up at the convention center (AT LEAST if you stay at the Yacht Club) and they charge you per package. Hope this info is helpful to anyone else traveling to the WOrld and having packages sent
Thanks for the info on USPS!! This is exactly what I've been looking for, just for the Boardwalk! I'd assume it works quite similarly.

May I ask how long it took from when you sent your package to when it arrived at the Yacht Club?
lildamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #165
thymed
Mouseketeer

My package was shipped from a merchandiser, two of them actually. I placed the order on 7/22, checked into YC on 7/25 and no mention was made of a package. However, when I started investigating the next day 7/26 and found out I had to go to the convention center both were there waiting for me and I think they had been there at least 1 or 2 days.

The items that were sent to POR by USPS priority were ordered 7/23 and they were all waiting for me at the front desk area when I checked in on 7/27 (no charge). HTH
thymed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: