Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #136
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

Anyone have experience shipping baby supplies such as food and diapers from home to the Wilderness Lodge? Were about 80 days away from our trip and wanted to hear other people experience with this particular resort. What is the address of the Wilderness Lodge to send my package to? Approximately how many days in advance do I need to ship the package?

thanks,

Disney Trips: 20 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009, April 2014 (Stone Harbor Club twice!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
CAJUNWDWFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #137
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

*** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Sorry, no shipping experience but the address of Wilderness Lodge is 901 Timberline Drive Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. Phone (407) 824-3200. You can check with the hotel directly.
DL50Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #138
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

So you ship your food from home to the resort?
Old 07-19-2011, 02:07 AM   #139
cefielder
formerly bride03

can vs cannot ship certain items

I'm thinking I'm going to go with UPS for the tracking and most of you said that UPS works well. I'm sending a box of travel toiletries to the resort so we don't have to carry them on. You can send pretty much anything through the mail right? I'm thinking that will save us a ton of headache sending travel size lotion/shampoo/travel toothbrushes and sending early to make sure it gets there. Can I send disp. razors? That's the only sharp thing. Everything will be wrapped well and secure. I couldn't believe no one wrote about this so I'm assuming there are no real restrictions.

Can I send it 3 days early just to make sure it gets there? I'm going to get to the resort on a Sunday so I want to ship so it's there on Friday.Thanks ahead of time.
cefielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #140
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Just placed my first gardengrocer order for our upcoming trip.

Pretty smooth, but it kept doing odd things to my cart.

$12.00 delivery + 1.99 surcharge + gratuity

I think it is still worth it

(plus the prices seem to be about 30% more than I normally pay)
Old 07-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #141
Redarrow5150
DIS Veteran

This spring I shipped some items down to Florida and put I put razors in it. When I got there the razors were gone...I know they opened it and removed the items. I wouldn't ship those type of items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cefielder View Post
I'm thinking I'm going to go with UPS for the tracking and most of you said that UPS works well. I'm sending a box of travel toiletries to the resort so we don't have to carry them on. You can send pretty much anything through the mail right? I'm thinking that will save us a ton of headache sending travel size lotion/shampoo/travel toothbrushes and sending early to make sure it gets there. Can I send disp. razors? That's the only sharp thing. Everything will be wrapped well and secure. I couldn't believe no one wrote about this so I'm assuming there are no real restrictions.

Can I send it 3 days early just to make sure it gets there? I'm going to get to the resort on a Sunday so I want to ship so it's there on Friday.Thanks ahead of time.
Redarrow5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #142
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

Were you able to find out if it was the post office or Disney that opened the package?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #143
krislati
Earning My Ears

Has anyone else had a problem with razors being removed? I have a box ready to go with razors in it? Are they not allowed to be shipped?

Also, does anyone know how long they will hold the package at the front desk for?

2007-Offsite
2008-Mystic Villas
2009-Pop
2011-AKL
2013-Marriott Grande Vista
krislati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #144
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

I would first check with the USPS to see if they have a policy on shipping razors. If they do not, check with Disney to see if they open packages.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #145
Redarrow5150
DIS Veteran

I used UPS and it wasn't to WDW. Don't think it matters where it was sent but it was opened and the razors were removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL50Cruiser View Post
Were you able to find out if it was the post office or Disney that opened the package?
Redarrow5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #146
Peapicker
Mouseketeer

Does the CSR charge one $10 fee for everything that is delivered by Garden Grocer or is there a seperate fee for seperate items. For example if we order 3 cases of water is the charge $10 or $30?

Thanks
Peapicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #147
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

thanks for the thread and all the info!!!! I have shipped boxes thru UPS several times...toiletries,snacks, diapers...it's always there when we arrive and I have never had anything tampered with. I ship our razors also, but they are in the package unopened from the store, so maybe that is why? that would be awful to pack something and then find it gone!!!!
My concern this year is gonna be shipping the souvies home...would love to have it all shipped in one box and not pay fees for individual items. Of course, after reading this, I now want to ship our luggage too!! It costs us $25 per piece each way, so we usually pay $200 or $250 in luggage fees anyway!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #148
pamelaz
Meowza

We are getting there on Tuesday to POP.
If I wanted to order from Garden Grocer, is it best to just order Tuesday and then have it arrive Wednesday? Or should I order Monday so it's there when I get there Tuesday? If so, is it ok for Garden Grocer if I don't give my room # (I won't know it a day before arriving)?

Edit: I ordered Garden Grocer, it's 4 weeks until our trip but wanted to get it done with. GG said to order as soon as possible as August spots are filling up.
Anyways got it delivered to the resort the day we're arriving and will hold if we're not there yet.
Can't wait!

Last edited by pamelaz; 07-26-2011 at 12:24 PM.
pamelaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #149
ktbugsmom
DIS Veteran

I have had packages shipped down several times. At Boardwalk (Inn and Villas) - my packages were in my room waiting for me. At SSR - it was at the front desk. Never had a fee.

We are staying at BLT in August - and planned on shipping snacks, pool toys (from the Dollar store - we then give them away on our last day), suncreen etc. We are using wegoshop for our beverages and fruit. My husband thinks it is silly, but I prefer it that way. Costs me very little to UPS a box down, then I know I have my snacks for the kids. What ever is left - stays there.

As for the question about calling garden grocer the day before you arrive - I would call sooner. They set up a schedule for shopping and delivering and they may be booked. I order that stuff about 3-4 weeks before our trip - and schedule a delivery time (we order beer - so wegoshop would like us to sign for it personally). So- they might be busy - but maybe not. Good luck.
Sue
ktbugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #150
thymed
Mouseketeer

On vacation right now at Yacht Club. At the last minute I needed something shipped to me at the resort because it was backordered and would not arrive at my home before we left for vacation. I specifically called the supplier and asked that the items be shipped UPS. They did that for me. When I arrived there was nothing at the desk and no mention of packages. I stopped at the front desk the next day to ask about these items and was informed I needed t check with the converntion center as all packages are now delivered there. I mentioned that in the past I had things shipped to POR and they were waiting for me at the desk upon check in. I was summarily "dismissed" by the front desk staff. They did not want to even know my name they said if I was expecting a package I need to go to the convention center. I was a little aggravated and cast member, I am guessing with guest relations realized this and asked me what happened. She then called the business office to ask if my packages were there, and they were. I walked to the convention center and signed for them and had to pay a fee for each package. The cast member who helped me to find out if the business center even had my packages told me that Disney had recently changed their methods of handling packages and anything shipped UPS or FED EX went to the convention center and anything shipped by US mail would arrive at the front desk!
thymed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: