Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #31
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun trip! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!
cinderella crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #32
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh yay!! That sounds great.
I think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella crazy View Post
Sounds like a fun trip! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!
Thanks for joining in!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #33
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Gettin fit for Mickey

You may notice I have a weight loss ticker in my signature. My current goal is to lose 34 pounds and I just started Weight Watchers. I'm hoping that by having it there for the world to see will help me stay focused. Here's my deal...on my birthday in 2009 (2/28) I looked like this:

In March (3/17-21) on our trip to DLR I looked like this:

Now, not to say I look bad this year, but I want to be back to last year's weight. And there's a good reason for the weight gain. I switched my migraine preventative in December. It didn't help. It was an anti-depressant that made me depressed...and made me gain weight. Needless to say, I stopped taking it. I knew there was the possibility of weight gain when I started taking it, but I figured if I can live without migraines, I'll accept the weight gain, it was an OK trade off for me. But by the end of March I gained wayyyy too much weight (seriously, 30 pounds in 3 months) and the medicine wasn't working. I stopped taking it and hoped that the weight would work it's way off now that I stopped it. Of course it didn't work that way So now I'm doing something about it. Hopefully by October I'll be down about 20-25 pounds. That would be awesome.

Pixie dust and fingers crossed! (Oh, and btw: I've already decided that I'll cheat on my Disney trip. I can't be going to V&A's and worrying about how many points I'm eating )
Old 05-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #34
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Check this out: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-...own-literally/
Old 05-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #35
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Oh wow. Isn't that something else?
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #36
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Hi Kelly! I was looking for other people traveling in October and I found you! I'm joining in on your PTR. I'll be down in Disney around the same time as you, 10/4-10/9. It can't get here fast enough!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #37
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)

Quote:
You may notice I have a weight loss ticker in my signature. My current goal is to lose 34 pounds and I just started Weight Watchers. I'm hoping that by having it there for the world to see will help me stay focused. Here's my deal...on my birthday in 2009 (2/28) I looked like this:

In March (3/17-21) on our trip to DLR I looked like this:

Now, not to say I look bad this year, but I want to be back to last year's weight. And there's a good reason for the weight gain. I switched my migraine preventative in December. It didn't help. It was an anti-depressant that made me depressed...and made me gain weight. Needless to say, I stopped taking it. I knew there was the possibility of weight gain when I started taking it, but I figured if I can live without migraines, I'll accept the weight gain, it was an OK trade off for me. But by the end of March I gained wayyyy too much weight (seriously, 30 pounds in 3 months) and the medicine wasn't working. I stopped taking it and hoped that the weight would work it's way off now that I stopped it. Of course it didn't work that way So now I'm doing something about it. Hopefully by October I'll be down about 20-25 pounds. That would be awesome.

Pixie dust and fingers crossed! (Oh, and btw: I've already decided that I'll cheat on my Disney trip. I can't be going to V&A's and worrying about how many points I'm eating )

i think you look great in both your pictures but i know how it is with wanting to feel better about yourself I have been on WW for about two years-- its a lifestyle change for me now- i do it everyday without thinking If you need any suggestions or tips i have alot i can share good luck on your journey ! Losing weight is not easy but slow and steady wins the race

deslynnpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #38
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh wow. Isn't that something else?
It might creep me out to be honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Hi Kelly! I was looking for other people traveling in October and I found you! I'm joining in on your PTR. I'll be down in Disney around the same time as you, 10/4-10/9. It can't get here fast enough!
I know what you mean! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslynnpatterson View Post
i think you look great in both your pictures but i know how it is with wanting to feel better about yourself I have been on WW for about two years-- its a lifestyle change for me now- i do it everyday without thinking If you need any suggestions or tips i have alot i can share good luck on your journey ! Losing weight is not easy but slow and steady wins the race
Thanks This week went pretty well, so hopefully I can keep it up!

So this past weekend, my little brother graduated from the University of Tampa. (*sniff*) So I flew down to see the ceremony. I flew out of Orlando, so on the way to the airport this morning we stopped at Downtown Disney!

And I bought...drumroll please...

I've had my eye on this since it came out, but they didn't have this design at Disneyland (honestly ) I'm so excited we had a chance to stop by!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #39
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I love it!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #40
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I love it!
Thanks! I'm rather partial to it myself

Though guess what showed up online today? Yep! My wallet! Oh well, I got it IN WDW!!
http://www.disneystore.com/dooney-bo...265509/313202/
Old 05-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #41
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I'm rather partial to it myself

Though guess what showed up online today? Yep! My wallet! Oh well, I got it IN WDW!!
http://www.disneystore.com/dooney-bo...265509/313202/
I got the email of all things D&B Disney today. So much that I want!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 05-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #42
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Has anyone seen the new Verizon ad where the family is in the MK, Mom has the phone and Dad leaves and goes on Dumbo?
Have you noticed that when they shoot at the castle Partners is missing?? It drives me bonkers....it doesn't make sense! Why would they do that!?!
I've seen the commercial but I didn't notice that the statue was missing...I'll have to look for that now....That is irritating though...why take it out?

Quote:
You may notice I have a weight loss ticker in my signature. My current goal is to lose 34 pounds and I just started Weight Watchers. I'm hoping that by having it there for the world to see will help me stay focused.

OK I can't see your pictures because I'm at work and they filter out images but either way, congrats on joining WW! I started in February and I have lost 15lbs so far. This week, I actually stopped counting points and just went with it...so far I am doing pretty good. I am just trying to maintain the "schedule" that I built up over the last couple of months. I measure out my cereal in the morning, bring 2 small snacks and a Smart Ones or a Lean Cuisine for lunch, and then eat dinner when I get home. My goal was to lose 30lbs by the time I go back to Disney in October. If I can lose MORE that would awesome, but I'm halfway to my goal so as long as I get to that 30, I'll be satisfied! Good luck! And don't get frustrated! It's harder some days than it is on others!

Quote:

Oh, and btw: I've already decided that I'll cheat on my Disney trip. I can't be going to V&A's and worrying about how many points I'm eating
I've already decided the same thing! I'll probably lose 30lbs between Feb - October and gain it all back in the 10 days I'm in Disney!! Especially considering my ADR list.....

Quote:
I heard about that but I hadn't seen the video...At first I thought it would be cool but now I'm not so sure. What if it starts shorting out while Mickey is talking to a kid and all the sudden he starts sounding like a Speak-n-Spell?

And I am DYING to get a D & B Disney bag! I know you can buy them online (and I think I read that they will sell them at the new Disney Store when it opens in NYC this year) but it's not the same as getting it IN Disney World. I'm hoping to convince my DBF to buy me one...maybe and early anniversary present?

I just called and added in my flight information so that DME will pick us up and drop us off! All my ADRs are made...just need to pay this sucker off! Only 158 days to go!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #43
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Just wanted to say hello and that I'm subbing! I'll have to come back to get caught up.

This is our first time during F&W Festival, so I'm sure I'll be getting some great tips from you!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #44
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

I am SO on board with the weight loss thing!! Same thing as you..I don't look bad...just have not worked out in forever due to time issues.I am going to loose weight before our trip. Keep me motivated
BippityBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #45
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
I am going to go to F&W at Disneyland next year. I will be interested to compare the two.
Quote:
I wonder if what they'll do this year will be the things they have planned for WDW...hmmm... I'm keeping an eye on it
The two are totally different mainly because of CA heath law restrictions, so no kiosks, but the two Festivals have been "linked" together now. I learned this from the CA Festival Director with whom I am aquainted. At the last Dinner I attended ("Brewmaster") a couple weeks ago, he remarked that "normally he hates having his picture online, but the one I posted, he thought he looked OK!" The Director of the Festival is reading MY F&W Review

But what he mentioned later in the evening is that now both the Festivals are linked so that everything has to be approved through Disney, all marketing materials, brochures, web postings, artist talent, etc. That's why it took so long to release the schedule for CA this year. They will probably share the same theme again like they did last year. This year is totally generic, "The Art of Flavor". Last year both had some sort of World in their title CA was World Celebration (I know because I see it every night when I have my glass of wine out of the glass they gave us at Taste - our Party for the Senes)

Quote:

I'm getting impatient, I want that F&W schedule released!! There's not much to do until it gets released besides sit here and twiddle my thumbs!
I know just how frustrating this is!

Also congrats on your weight loss. My Doctor just put me on a very strict diet 10 days ago...doesn't she understand that we are smack dab in the middle of F&W? I hope you reach your goal by the time you get there!

Looking foward to hearing all about it!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: