Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #286
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I saw that earlier today too! SO excited! I wonder if they will keep it for the rest of the year?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #287
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Breaking News! Main St Electrical Parade extended: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-world/
I saw that too. Cool!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #288
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Sweet! I hope it's still there by the time I get down.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #289
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I saw that earlier today too! SO excited! I wonder if they will keep it for the rest of the year?
I think I saw somewhere that they're refurbing Spectro, so maybe until that's ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I saw that too. Cool!
It'll be fun to see it at the MK after just seeing it at DCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Sweet! I hope it's still there by the time I get down.
I think it will...but my crystal ball isn't always so accurate

I just saw this tweeted by All Ears:
Quote:
New Live Show Coming This Fall

A new, live, rock-concert style show will debut at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland this fall. The new show, as-yet unnamed, will feature music from a number of hit Disney Channel TV shows, including "Camp Rock," "StarStruck," and "High School Musical." The show's format will be similar to that of the current HSM3 show currently running in the parks. It's set to begin on October 22, which means that High School Musical 3: Senior Year -- Right Here, Right Now! will end its run on October 2 at Walt Disney World, and on October 17 at Disney California Adventure.
Is it sad that I'm excited about the end of the HSM shows? It drives me bonkers to constantly see it coming down the street...I swear it follows me
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:38 PM   #290
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Is it sad that I'm excited about the end of the HSM shows? It drives me bonkers to constantly see it coming down the street...I swear it follows me
I agree!!! I know there are oodles of children who love this - and if my little guy was older and interested, I would probably feel the opposite way for his sake, BUT, man! That show is LOUD and completely ruins the magic in DHS in my opinion! When we walked into DHS in December they were at the hat and just blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaring. We couldn't even talk to each other. Ugh! I remember from back in 2006 at MK it was kinda cute and small, so it seems it's gotten bigger and bigger as the years went on.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the little ones (and their parents) that love this show, but I won't miss it!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #291
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm with you guys too...won't miss it at all.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #292
jenny105
DIS Veteran

If Zac Efron was actually in the show, I might miss it. But since he's not...who cares?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #293
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

I'm so hoping that the parade is still there in October!! I have told DH numerous times how much I miss it and how many memories I have of it!!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #294
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I agree!!! I know there are oodles of children who love this - and if my little guy was older and interested, I would probably feel the opposite way for his sake, BUT, man! That show is LOUD and completely ruins the magic in DHS in my opinion! When we walked into DHS in December they were at the hat and just blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaring. We couldn't even talk to each other. Ugh! I remember from back in 2006 at MK it was kinda cute and small, so it seems it's gotten bigger and bigger as the years went on.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the little ones (and their parents) that love this show, but I won't miss it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm with you guys too...won't miss it at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
If Zac Efron was actually in the show, I might miss it. But since he's not...who cares?
Glad I'm not the only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
I'm so hoping that the parade is still there in October!! I have told DH numerous times how much I miss it and how many memories I have of it!!
I think it will be, especially since they haven't put an ending date to the extension. Fingers crossed & pixie dust!

In other news...

We decided we wanted to do another breakfast in October. So on Monday, we booked the Wave. We were originally going to do DHS that morning, but we're going to scrap it and just go straight over to Epcot instead.

In December, my other cousin (the brother to the one that's going already) might join us for the trip. He lives in Miami, so he might come up...he needs to double check his schedule, but I'm just going to go ahead and assume he's coming. My entire extended family has been bitten by the Disney bug.

I still want to do a solo trip, so I'm looking at different weekends next year that I can do it...the first day in the New Year that I have off is Martin Luther King Jr Day in January. And well...our weather isn't that spectacular in January (understatement of the year!) So I'm thinking maybe I could do MLK Day and Labor Day, instead of Memorial Day & Labor Day. It's cheaper to go over MLK than Memorial Day. BUT we're going down for a long weekend in early February (the weekend before President's Day Weekend.) We're not doing Disney that trip though, just Universal & Harry Potter. I don't know what I'm going to do. But if I go in January, I should start thinking about airfare now... Any suggestions?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #295
arbolita
DIS Veteran

My vote would be to go in January, simply because I can imagine that the crowds would be a lot more manageable than if you were to go over Memorial Day weekend.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #296
cassidyh
Mouseketeer

Yeah I would definitely do MLK day over Memorial day. Memorial day is PACKED because it's in the summer and MLK day will probably have better weather
Old 08-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #297
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
My vote would be to go in January, simply because I can imagine that the crowds would be a lot more manageable than if you were to go over Memorial Day weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyh View Post
Yeah I would definitely do MLK day over Memorial day. Memorial day is PACKED because it's in the summer and MLK day will probably have better weather
I'm really leaning towards MLK. Just wondering now if I'll be able to last from January until September

Disney ticket prices are going up on Thursday! 1 Day ticket going from $79 to $82, AP going from $489 to $499...so not too bad. I seem to remember last year than the AP went up $20 Info here
Old 08-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #298
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

So I'm 90% sure that I'm gonna go for MLK Day and Labor Day next year. Now I just need to decide which resort! Think I'm gonna do Boardwalk for Labor Day (we're expecting a pretty hefty bonus, so I'm going to treat myself! But I won't get it until March.) So really, it's just a matter of MLK Weekend...where to stay, where to stay... I'm leaning towards a moderate.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #299
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I'm 90% sure that I'm gonna go for MLK Day and Labor Day next year. Now I just need to decide which resort! Think I'm gonna do Boardwalk for Labor Day (we're expecting a pretty hefty bonus, so I'm going to treat myself! But I won't get it until March.) So really, it's just a matter of MLK Weekend...where to stay, where to stay... I'm leaning towards a moderate.
I'm trying to convince Grumpy that I want to go back to going Labor Day as we did four years in a row until he decided to go later in September. Wouldn't that be great...I could meet more Diser's!!!

Any reason the Boardwalk? Have you done the Beach Club? Or the AKL?

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #300
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm trying to convince Grumpy that I want to go back to going Labor Day as we did four years in a row until he decided to go later in September. Wouldn't that be great...I could meet more Diser's!!!

Any reason the Boardwalk? Have you done the Beach Club? Or the AKL?
We did Beach Club when I was younger. Out of the deluxes I've stayed at WL, the Poly, GF, & BC. So still on the list is YC, Boardwalk, AKL, & Contemporary. I know my boyfriend would love to stay at the AKL, so I need to wait for him to join me The Contemporary doesn't do much for me. I love the YC too, but there's just something about the Boardwalk that I love. I really want to stay there!

And you should definitely persuade Grumpy to come over Labor Day! (Though if I'm being honest...I might be doing a Bachelorette party over Labor Day )

Oh, and for MLK weekend, I want to stay somewhere that I haven't before. It's on my bucket list to stay at all Disney Resorts So it leave All Star Sports (need to spell that one out ), CBR, or POR. I'm leaning towards POR, I don't think it'll be hot enough in January for CBR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: