Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #16
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Joining in seeing as Oct 2nd - 9th is when all the cool kids go

Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #17
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
Joining in seeing as Oct 2nd - 9th is when all the cool kids go
True story.

Kouzzina is booked now! Two down!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #18
Pixieflip
Are we there yet?

Kelly, just posted on your DLR trip report that I'm loving that and now I find you over here? Totally hanging in here with you because this October will be our first trip for F&W. We are staying at SSR October 9-13. So, unleash the details, I'm ready to learn!

1991 OP, 1994 POFQ, 1996 AS, 1998 POR/CBR, 2000 Disney Institute/OKW, 2001 ASMu/ASMo, 2002 WLV/OKW, 2003 POFQ, 2005 DCL, 2005 OP, 2007 BCV, 2010 AKV, 2010 OKW, 2010 SSR, 2011 OKW, 2012 BC, 2012 OKW...
Pixieflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #19
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixieflip View Post
Kelly, just posted on your DLR trip report that I'm loving that and now I find you over here? Totally hanging in here with you because this October will be our first trip for F&W. We are staying at SSR October 9-13. So, unleash the details, I'm ready to learn!
F&W is such an awesome time! I'm so anxious about the details! I found this website yesterday: http://www.foodwinefest.com/ Now they just need to post already!!

...I have Crystal Palace now booked 8:30, so it's pre-rope drop!! Horray!!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #20
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I am going to go to F&W at Disneyland next year. I will be interested to compare the two.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #21
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am going to go to F&W at Disneyland next year. I will be interested to compare the two.
I wonder if what they'll do this year will be the things they have planned for WDW...hmmm... I'm keeping an eye on it
Old 04-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #22
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Hi Kelly!

Just found your PTR and I'm joining in! I'll be going to WDW in October too, but I'll be there from the 19th - 29th and we're staying at CSR. That's so awesome that you get to go so often!

And to all the PP's trying to get ADRs for Le Cellier - YES it's CRAZY popular this year! I was on the dining boards the other day and people are getting shut down left and right! Good luck to all of you trying to get ressies there! I'm so glad my travel partners (my boyfriend and my brother) haven't expressed an interest in eating there!

Ugh...Only 192 days to go for me!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:31 AM   #23
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Hi Kelly!

Just found your PTR and I'm joining in! I'll be going to WDW in October too, but I'll be there from the 19th - 29th and we're staying at CSR. That's so awesome that you get to go so often!

And to all the PP's trying to get ADRs for Le Cellier - YES it's CRAZY popular this year! I was on the dining boards the other day and people are getting shut down left and right! Good luck to all of you trying to get ressies there! I'm so glad my travel partners (my boyfriend and my brother) haven't expressed an interest in eating there!

Ugh...Only 192 days to go for me!
Welcome along! I stayed at CSR in August of '09. Gorgeous property! I have lots of pictures in my TR from then.

Up at the butt crack of dawn on a Saturday to get my LC ADR...I nabbed 4:05. A little early, but it'll have to do. If it were up to my Mom and I, we'd rather go elsewhere, but my Dad wants it and he so rarely asks for things that I had to try! I would not be surprised if we wind up canceling this one... With my luck it'll be the same night as a F&W dinner!

I've been checking Le Cellier every morning (tip: according to my clock, the next day becomes available at 5:57am...) and so far it's been 4 or 8:45 that are available. Nothing during a normal dinner time. I'd suggest that if you're staying on Disney property, pick a day later in your stay and MAKE IT FIRST if you want it!

...oh, and I also realized that I have scheduled Kouzzina and then Jelly Rolls for the night before we get up early for the Crystal Palace breakfast. Hmmm, I might need to rethink that.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #24
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Well, ADRs are done! Check it off the list!

I have the Tea @ the Grand Floridian on Saturday. Jiko on Sunday, Kouzzina on Monday (then Jellyrolls is the plan), Crystal Palace breakfast pre-park opening on Tuesday, Victoria & Alberts on Wednesday, and Le Cellier on Thursday. I don't have anything scheduled for Friday. Saturday we'll be heading out.

So...they're ok. I don't know why, but I'm just not satisfied with them. I don't like the order they're in I guess it doesn't matter too much because I'll probably change everything around once the F&W schedule is released!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #25
kaoden39
Hugs

You are on the ball. I can make my PS for Disneyland in the next couple of days but I think that we may just play it by ear.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #26
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are on the ball. I can make my PS for Disneyland in the next couple of days but I think that we may just play it by ear.
I always felt like I was so behind planning for DLR. It's just not needed like it is at WDW!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #27
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Has anyone seen the new Verizon ad where the family is in the MK, Mom has the phone and Dad leaves and goes on Dumbo?

Have you noticed that when they shoot at the castle Partners is missing?? It drives me bonkers....it doesn't make sense! Why would they do that!?!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #28
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I always felt like I was so behind planning for DLR. It's just not needed like it is at WDW!
I think it depends on when you are going to Disneyland. Like for instance we are going in June and I expect crowds.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #29
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think it depends on when you are going to Disneyland. Like for instance we are going in June and I expect crowds.
Hopefully you'll be able to get everything you want!

I'm getting impatient, I want that F&W schedule released!! There's not much to do until it gets released besides sit here and twiddle my thumbs!

Oh, in other news, we're having a national meeting the week before my trip...in Orlando! And the rumor is that we're staying at the Hilton in Bonnet Creek! Double After seeing the schedule, I might activate that Annual Pass early if I have any downtime
Old 04-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #30
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Hopefully you'll be able to get everything you want!

I'm getting impatient, I want that F&W schedule released!! There's not much to do until it gets released besides sit here and twiddle my thumbs!

Oh, in other news, we're having a national meeting the week before my trip...in Orlando! And the rumor is that we're staying at the Hilton in Bonnet Creek! Double After seeing the schedule, I might activate that Annual Pass early if I have any downtime
Oh yay!! That sounds great.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: