Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #226
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

We really enjoy the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground...but that's because we have a 2 year old!

We always like to wander the Streets and take random pictures and look for details we have missed in the past.

We have yet to do the Backlot Tour, so that is on the list again for this trip...even though I have heard many, many times it's completely lame.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #227
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
We really enjoy the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground...but that's because we have a 2 year old!

We always like to wander the Streets and take random pictures and look for details we have missed in the past.

We have yet to do the Backlot Tour, so that is on the list again for this trip...even though I have heard many, many times it's completely lame.
Sorry to hijack...but I just wanted to say hi, Brooke. I've missed seeing you around on the DIS.
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #228
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I love the Animation Academy. I did that for the first time last year, twice. And as cheesey as it is, I love the Great Movie Ride!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #229
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry to hijack...but I just wanted to say hi, Brooke. I've missed seeing you around on the DIS.
You are too sweet! Thank you!!!! It's wonderful to be back! I missed everyone around here and missed keeping up to date on Disney happenings. So many announcements were made in the few months I was away! I noticed about a week ago that you are headed back to your "home" at CSR, I was happy to see it knowing you guys had a hard time squeezing in a trip last year. I didn't think I would have a ticker this year due to moving/finances, I'm blessed that we are able to swing one!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #230
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Cute puppy pictures!

Great plans for DHS. It's hard not to go there in the morning with those 3 big attractions. I'd have to say my favorite overlooked attraction is One Man's Dream. It's so neat to see all the displays and then in April we saw the movie they have in there which was cool too.
I haven't seen One Man's Dream in ages!

Quote:

We'd be total creepers if we were at the playground

Quote:
True story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I love the Animation Academy. I did that for the first time last year, twice. And as cheesey as it is, I love the Great Movie Ride!
I think I can do the spiel for the Great Movie Ride better than some of the CMs...I have the entire thing memorized!

Quote:
You are too sweet! Thank you!!!! It's wonderful to be back! I missed everyone around here and missed keeping up to date on Disney happenings. So many announcements were made in the few months I was away! I noticed about a week ago that you are headed back to your "home" at CSR, I was happy to see it knowing you guys had a hard time squeezing in a trip last year. I didn't think I would have a ticker this year due to moving/finances, I'm blessed that we are able to swing one!
Are you staying at Boardwalk? It's my dream resort
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #231
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we are managing a trip this year for four days before going to Marco (I have a PTR in my siggy). Mark is having surgery next Wednesday but the doctor says he should be fine to go.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #232
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

My Nana has been giving me pictures everytime I visit lately. I've had this one for a few months, but just noticed today that it has the Boardwalk in the background being built! This is from '96 (I think!)

Also...don't you love our sweet fanny packs!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #233
jenny105
DIS Veteran

You guys are stylin' in your fanny packs!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 07-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #234
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
You guys are stylin' in your fanny packs!
We look H.O.T.!

btw: I started following you on twitter, I'm @kat228
Old 07-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #235
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
We look H.O.T.!

btw: I started following you on twitter, I'm @kat228
Oh nice, I'll follow you too!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 07-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #236
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

All caught up!!!!

Also going in October and December attending 2010 Reunion!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #237
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
We'd be total creepers if we were at the playground

Are you staying at Boardwalk? It's my dream resort
Naw, just be silly and act like big kids! Though, I have to say, some of those areas are LITTLE. Henry has gone up to the top only to decide he did not want to come down by himself more than once.

I think One Man's Dream is a better choice.

We are trying to stay at the Boardwalk...so far 3 days out of our trip are secured. I've been so busy with my Mom visiting this week I haven't been on the phone bugging Member Services about the other days, or seeing what else might be open. Hopefully we will get Boardwalk, it's where Joe has wanted to stay since our Disney obsession began!

Quote:
Yes, we are managing a trip this year for four days before going to Marco (I have a PTR in my siggy). Mark is having surgery next Wednesday but the doctor says he should be fine to go.
That is so great! I hope Mark's recovery goes smoothly. I have your PTR now open and will get caught up ASAP!

Quote:
My Nana has been giving me pictures everytime I visit lately. I've had this one for a few months, but just noticed today that it has the Boardwalk in the background being built! This is from '96 (I think!)

Also...don't you love our sweet fanny packs!
\

Love it! Rock those fanny packs!! Before the Boardwalk was there, was it just an open grassy field across the lake?
Old 07-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #238
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
All caught up!!!!

Also going in October and December attending 2010 Reunion!
So you're joining the cool kids I see?

Quote:
Naw, just be silly and act like big kids! Though, I have to say, some of those areas are LITTLE. Henry has gone up to the top only to decide he did not want to come down by himself more than once.

I think One Man's Dream is a better choice.

We are trying to stay at the Boardwalk...so far 3 days out of our trip are secured. I've been so busy with my Mom visiting this week I haven't been on the phone bugging Member Services about the other days, or seeing what else might be open. Hopefully we will get Boardwalk, it's where Joe has wanted to stay since our Disney obsession began!

Love it! Rock those fanny packs!! Before the Boardwalk was there, was it just an open grassy field across the lake?
I would totally rock the playground. My boyfriend would pretend like he doesn't know me

Take lots of pictures of the Boardwalk!!! I'll live vicariously.

I have no idea what was there before the Boardwalk. I was 11 in that photo (I'm the one with the pink shorts-also hot I might add.) I did a double take when I was looking through them and was surprised to see that the Boardwalk hadn't been built yet. We stayed at Port Orleans that trip...my cousins & their parents stayed at Dixie Landings!! It began my obsession with POFQ...loved that resort!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #239
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Your little guy looks so cute!!

LOL at the fanny packs; man, we thought we were cool with those, huh?

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #240
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

For any other Parrottheads out there...Jimmy Buffet's Gulf Benefit concert is being aired LIVE on CMT right now. :

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: