Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #166
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Haha; Wendy isn't a cougar, she's just mature. She turned 7 months last Thursday already!

How fun to be planning with your cousin! I wish I had another Disney enthusiast in the fam to do something like that with; I can't wait to hear where you decide to stay!

I am waiting, waiting, waiting on that stupid website to update!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #167
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Wow! Seems like you are getting a GREAT deal on your plane ticket!!! I wish we could fly JetBlue out of where I live. It is always so cheap!

The picture of the pup in the laundry is priceless!
BippityBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #168
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Haha that's adorable!!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #169
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
Haha; Wendy isn't a cougar, she's just mature. She turned 7 months last Thursday already!

How fun to be planning with your cousin! I wish I had another Disney enthusiast in the fam to do something like that with; I can't wait to hear where you decide to stay!

I am waiting, waiting, waiting on that stupid website to update!
I can't wait for it to update, it's driving me nuts! I need to realign everything and I can't do it unless I have the schedule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Wow! Seems like you are getting a GREAT deal on your plane ticket!!! I wish we could fly JetBlue out of where I live. It is always so cheap!

The picture of the pup in the laundry is priceless!
JetBlue usually works out to be a decent deal. I do really like flying them, so I'm glad they fly out of this area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Haha that's adorable!!!
He's a little menace, but we love him
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #170
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Ok! A December update!

If I failed to mention it before, my cousin did the College Program with Disney, so she knows a bunch of people down there. She's trying to see if one of her friends can get us a CM discount on the room. After much debate, we've settled on All Star Movies, Preferred. (Sound familiar ) If her friend can't get the CM discount, then we'll just use my PIN. It's incredible, with either discount, we're probably going to be spending about $30 each per night for the room...or just shy of $100 for the weekend We thought about doing a deluxe, since the location would be awesome and it wasn't that expensive with us splitting it (around $100 each/night.) But $30/night v $100/night...hmmm...we went with the cheaper option. Figured this way we can do 2 sit down meals (thinking the Wave and one of the new Epcot ones) AND MVMCP! ...and probably still not make up that $200 difference!

So to wrap up, we've decided to stay cheap & indulge.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #171
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Ok! A December update!

If I failed to mention it before, my cousin did the College Program with Disney, so she knows a bunch of people down there. She's trying to see if one of her friends can get us a CM discount on the room. After much debate, we've settled on All Star Movies, Preferred. (Sound familiar ) If her friend can't get the CM discount, then we'll just use my PIN. It's incredible, with either discount, we're probably going to be spending about $30 each per night for the room...or just shy of $100 for the weekend We thought about doing a deluxe, since the location would be awesome and it wasn't that expensive with us splitting it (around $100 each/night.) But $30/night v $100/night...hmmm...we went with the cheaper option. Figured this way we can do 2 sit down meals (thinking the Wave and one of the new Epcot ones) AND MVMCP! ...and probably still not make up that $200 difference!

So to wrap up, we've decided to stay cheap & indulge.
Although I'm not a fan of hte values, I think what you are doing is perfect! Extra food, tickets, etc.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #173
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

Your December plans sound perfect! I wish i could get DBF to go down to a value... I personally enjoyed the value resorts every time I went, and would love to indulge in other things!!! Your puppy is too cute
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
shordiebecka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #174
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Although I'm not a fan of hte values, I think what you are doing is perfect! Extra food, tickets, etc.
What's funny is that I don't really care too much when it comes to rooms. I might have if it were a week long trip...then I'd splurge because I'd probably be using the pool, etc. But for a 3 day trip? Eh, as long as I have a clean place to shower and sleep, I'm happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
As much as you wanted to do a solo trip, I imagine it'll be fun to go with your cousin. Looking forward to seeing how the plans come together.
It's funny planning it with her since she's a Disney fanatic too. I'm used to planning things where the other person has no idea what I'm talking about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
Your December plans sound perfect! I wish i could get DBF to go down to a value... I personally enjoyed the value resorts every time I went, and would love to indulge in other things!!! Your puppy is too cute
I guess I was good in that I started him off with a value
Old 06-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #175
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

So...how about some October news? We got the email today for our Meeting down in Orlando. Our original "save the date" had the meeting going from Sept 27-Oct 1 (the week right before we were planning.) The email today has it from Sept 27-Sept 30 (Thursday instead of Friday.) So now I need to see if A) they'll pay for my plane ride back on the 9th and B) if I'll need to take Friday 10/1 off I'm in sales and I have a home based office, so considering I'd be out of the office for 4 days, I'd really need an office day at the end to get back to people/get caught up. So if I were home, I'd be using 10/1 as an office day. But in order to get them to extend my flight, I might have to take that Friday off I'd be hanging around my parent's place on Friday, with my work laptop, so it makes sense to me to just use an office day that Friday. But I might not be allowed to do that I sent an email out to my boss, so pixie dust & fingers crossed that things work out the way I want!!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #176
KatMark
DIS Veteran

is on the way.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #177
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

In other news...apparently Rochester just got an earthquake (about an hour ago.) I didn't feel a thing and now I'm bitterly disappointed that I missed it.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #178
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
is on the way.
Thank you!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #179
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Keeping my fingers crossed that you hear good things back from your office!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #180
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed that you hear good things back from your office!
Thanks! I'm anxious to hear the verdict!

For anyone else going during F&W, I found out through arbolita's PTR that the 2010 Food & Wine Thread here on the DIS has started: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2482006 Lot's of good information there, plus people who are F&W regulars that are very helpful with planning!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: