Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #121
diane aggelidou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awise27 View Post
Can anyone tell me the sites that they've used to buy their custom door magnets?

Thanks!
hi where to buy them??????I need to know too!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #122
modegard
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane aggelidou View Post

Check on DISboards under Just for Fun, Creative DISigns. There are a ton of fabulous graphics there for making magnets. As well you can ask for personalization from the DISigners. I use Avery Magnetic Paper and print the magnets myself. Happy creating!
modegard is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #123
LuvIt
Mouseketeer

I noticed that lots of the info provided in the FAQ thread is incorrect, really out of date or the links don't work (like for menus). Not sure how this information gets updated and corrected but it needs some attention!
LuvIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #124
kjnolan
Earning My Ears

Great Idea

The post-it idea is great!
kjnolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #125
Maps05
Earning My Ears

Decorating doors and windows is definitely an American thing. Coming from Europe I first saw this at Disney World and was stunned. I don't understand the need to dress it up. It already looks lovely and I don't own the room, just staying for a short while. It's not done in any country I've visited except America and not on other cruise lines. What's with this whole "dress it up" thing? Sorry if this sounds judgemental or anything, that's not how it's meant. I just don't understand it..
Maps05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #126
ale022
Earning My Ears

passports

Do kids need passports. Last year my boys went on carnival cruise with my parents to the Bahamas and they did not have to have a passport, do they now? Please help ! ages 4 and 7
ale022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #127
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale022 View Post
Do kids need passports. Last year my boys went on carnival cruise with my parents to the Bahamas and they did not have to have a passport, do they now? Please help ! ages 4 and 7
It's my understanding that they don't NEED passports, but that they are strongly recommended. One of the rationales is that if there is a problem and one or more of you have to FLY back home for some reason (during the cruise) that you won't be able to do so without a passport. I believe there are a few posts on this thread regarding same (or thereabouts) - and hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along soon...
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #128
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Here are a couple threads that might help you with your passport question:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....light=passport

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....light=passport
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #129
jship210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Once you have your DISign, I would use vistaprint.com for a door magnet, very inexpensive but good quality, you can get small business card size magnets as well.
SS Norway 1985, 86',87'Big Red Boat 1989 Dolphin CL 1990 B.C. (Before Children) Disney Wonder 2005, , Magic, 2006 , 2007, Feb 2008, E Bound Panama Canal Pirates Repo Aug 08 Sept.12th 2009 25th Anniversary Cruise, January 10,2010 (completed) My 1st Disney Marathon ,July 11,2010 Wonder Double Dip, July 19, 2011 Wonder Alaska, May 2012 Disney Dream!2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler,October 2014 Disney Magic 30th Anniversary Cruise,Jan. 2015 Magic, Forget the Winter Blues Cruise,

jship210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #130
DCFamily
Earning My Ears

Door Idea

I didn't learn about the door magnets until 3 days before we left as I was sitting in my office, so I simply created a Word document with a cute girl pirate clip art, chose a neat font and color with words that said:

IT’S NOT EVERYDAY YOU GET TO BE
A PIRATE ON A GRAND SHIP!
YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO FOR IT MATEY!
!!!!ARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

**please leave some booty at the door, or a growl of rum Matey!**

Laminated the paper at Kinkos at the corner, picked up 4 magnet clips from Target and hung several copies on our door with a note for folks to take one that I wrote on the little magnet dry erase board I also picked up at Target. By the end of the week, those who didnt know about the magnet idea, all had one of ours on thier door. We got cute little thank you messages written on our dry erase message board too. It was cute and easy, even for an un-artistic executive mom who forgot to pack flip flops for a cruise!
DCFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #131
jship210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maps05 View Post
Decorating doors and windows is definitely an American thing. Coming from Europe I first saw this at Disney World and was stunned. I don't understand the need to dress it up. It already looks lovely and I don't own the room, just staying for a short while. It's not done in any country I've visited except America and not on other cruise lines. What's with this whole "dress it up" thing? Sorry if this sounds judgemental or anything, that's not how it's meant. I just don't understand it..
When you move into an apartment, if only for a short time, you typically make it your home. In fact there is a huge sign that says "Welcome Home" as you board. We do put a door magnet up on our cruises for a few reasons;

* We have cruised on Disney a few times in the past and have made some connections with other cruisers and Cast Members, this is a way to let them know we're back on board. Always nice to see them.

* It helps locate our room easier. After a few cruises it can be easy to go to a previous cabin, after a late night

* Prevents other cruisers from mistaking our cabin for theirs (same reason as above)

* It is after all a Disney Cruise, not one of those stuffy ones (we've done many of each) it's supposed to be Fun!

... not to be judgmental either.

SS Norway 1985, 86',87'Big Red Boat 1989 Dolphin CL 1990 B.C. (Before Children) Disney Wonder 2005, , Magic, 2006 , 2007, Feb 2008, E Bound Panama Canal Pirates Repo Aug 08 Sept.12th 2009 25th Anniversary Cruise, January 10,2010 (completed) My 1st Disney Marathon ,July 11,2010 Wonder Double Dip, July 19, 2011 Wonder Alaska, May 2012 Disney Dream!2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler,October 2014 Disney Magic 30th Anniversary Cruise,Jan. 2015 Magic, Forget the Winter Blues Cruise,

jship210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #132
Shanny145
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maps05 View Post
We just know how to have fun!! It's a DISNEY cruise!! My kids love it and it helps them to know which cabin is ours when returning....Maybe you should try it...just saying
Old 07-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #133
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

I've been on only two DCL cruises, but have never seen this done. How often have you seen it?
DL50Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #134
duckyfans
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I found the 8 1/2 x 11 magnetic sheets at Walmart. They were about $6.00 for three sheets per pack. The magnets came out great.
duckyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #135
DL50Cruiser
Mouseketeer

IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

Has anyone had experience with having their magnets moved to other cabin doors?
DL50Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: