Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #46
Minniemiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterPete View Post
Hi everyone,

The site has been asked by to relay the following message regarding stateroom door decorations on DCL ships:
More and more guests are choosing to express their family pride and enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line by decorating their stateroom doors aboard our ships.

As you might imagine, it is very important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests.

As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that guests no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape.

We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.
Unofficially, what I'm hearing is that DCL is considering the possibility of levying surcharges on people who damage the door finish with adhesives. They're trying to avoid that because the really do appreciate the passion and creativity that people are putting into this, but the issue with the finishes coming off the doors is getting to be a real issue. I know some have already received this notice on-board the ship, but I wanted to make sure it's out there for everyone.

Thanks,
Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by our2disneygirls View Post
I'm reposting because I didn't see an answer to my question. Does anyone know if removable adhesive is okay? (Other than post-it notes)
It does say "no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape." and "that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety"

I would say removeable adhesive is still an adhesive and not allowed. Magnet variety only.
Minniemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #47
Robin"D"
DIS Veteran

"ouch!"

THX Pete...
so what is the word on magnets?
or what about painters tape....doesn't leave any adhesive residue?
Polynesian: 1992
Dixie Landings: 1993
Shades of Green (opening weekend): 1994
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004/ retired from U.S.Army
PO/ French Quarter: 2009 (became DVC owners BLT)Bay Lake Towers: 2010
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village: DW 1st MVMCP DEC 2011/1st stay@ SSR/ taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP NOV 2012
DisneyLand: 1st Visit "EVER" / GC/ April 2012/ VWL SEPT '13/Jan '14 GFV: Animal Kingdom 1BR/FEB'14 [before the Dream Cruise]
NOV '14 SSR/ DW 1st visit [heading to Podcast 5.0] After PODCAST 5:Coronado Springs DEC '14
DCL:
EC/Magic: 2002 WC/Magic: 2009 EC/Magic: 2010
LA ~ Vancouver repo: April 2011Vancouver ~ Alaska (Maiden Alaska Cruise) May 2011 added pts. to SSSR
/
Hawaii Maiden Cruise APR 2012 / 4~day Bahama's "Wonder" Cruise May 2013/
WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder/ EC & WC 1st & 2nd Cruise on "NEW SHIPS" Fantasy SEPT 7th & 14th
1st time as a Platinum member Cruise/ WC FEB 1st ~ 8th/ 2014 Fantasy FEB 9~13 1st time on the Dream/Completing the "Grand Slam Of DCL Ships!"
EBPC SEP 12-26 '14 bring the Wonder home WC / Magic on Pod Cast 5.0 NOV 30th ~Dec7th '14/ EBTA May 15th 2015, “our 25th" Wedding anniversary b2b Cruise/ Magic 1st N. Europe Cruise, May 30th 2015/ Magic
Robin"D" is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #48
AdventureLover67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimoinparadise View Post
Please also ask DCL guests to kindly refrain from "acquiring" magnetic door decorations from someone else's cabin door. Over the last eight cruises, we've yet to finish a DCL cruise with the same door decorations that we started with.
Oh, now that is just wrong and NOT in the Disney spirit!
I'm so sorry that happened to you, especially on more than one occasion!

2002 Beach Club
2003 Contemporary
2007 Carribean Beach
2008 Old Key West
2009 DCL 7 Night Western Caribbean
2009 Carribean Beach
2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010 7 Night Eastern Carribean
AdventureLover67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #49
decked out
Pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdsnynt View Post
I guess I have a really dumb question: exactly what do you put on your door? DH and I are taking our first DC for our anniversary this Sept. and I would love to decorate with the magnets but I don't know what to put up!
We had a few Disney themed magnets and cardboard cut-out tropical fish magnets. Anything fun will do.

We also have a magnetic dry-erase board and marker for leaving notes. It is a nice way to help keep track of everyone with a party of 9 in three staterooms.
decked out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #50
krafiy
Earning My Ears

krafiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #51
Dianatlol
ºoº Disney World / Cruise Addict ºoº

Quote:
Originally Posted by krafiy View Post
We always lose stuff too. THe kids even steal from our FE's... Thye are just lucky I haven't caught them in the act
2010 Caribbean Beach & Wonder Cruise
2011 Magic 7 Day Cruise (May 7, 2011)
2013 DisneyLand
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise (July 19, 2014)
Dianatlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #52
our2disneygirls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemiss View Post
It does say "no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape." and "that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety"

I would say removeable adhesive is still an adhesive and not allowed. Magnet variety only.
Thank you for the insight. To clarify, it would appear that this includes post-it notes.
DL 2003, 2008, 2009, 2011 (DL 1/2 Marathon)
our2disneygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #53
ckdsnynt
DIS Veteran

Just got back. No one bothered ours but we did come back to our room several times and found people outside it reading the decorations!
ckdsnynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 AM   #54
mzjuniebug
Earning My Ears

Loved this thread

I would have never thought about decorating our cruise cabins doors. Many of the pics gave clear ideas as to what people do. Thanks everyone for teaching me and for all the great ideas

Now, I am excited to have a low cost thing to plan with my granddaughter. I am thinking dollar store plastic frames for copies of her fav princess pics from the parks. (With magnets on the back of course)

Thanks again,
June
mzjuniebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:20 AM   #55
mzjuniebug
Earning My Ears

I forgot to ask ...

I saw someone else ask what FE gifts were, but I never saw an answer.

Anyone care to share?

Thanks again,
June
mzjuniebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:41 AM   #56
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjuniebug View Post
I saw someone else ask what FE gifts were, but I never saw an answer.

Anyone care to share?

Thanks again,
June
Basically it stand for "Fish Extender". Outside each cabin door is a metal fish clip that holds any paper correspondence that DCL may leave for you (invitations, announcements, etc.). Many people like to share small gifts or tokens with their fellow cruisers so they have "extended" this hold by making fabric holders to hold more things...usually with pockets.

Just Google Fish Extenders and a dozens of threads will come up with pics as well.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #57
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Over our past 8 cruises, we have had items taken off our door four of those cruises! The worst was last year when they cleaned our door off and we found them down strewn down the hallways on other people's doors! As for our FE, we always tie it to the fish with heavy string so that it is not so easy to just grab and run. Scissors are needed to actually detach it.

It is sad, but I do believe 50% of it is prank and 50% is theft! As a result, I learned the hard way to keep the cruise specific/personally special ones on the back of our door inside! I lost a few that were meaningful and I will never get them back!

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #58
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Don't the have camera's in the halls?

This will be my first cruise so I don't have any idea.

Very surprised for security reasons the wouldn't?

Also if we were to put out room numbers on pic's, then maybe that would at least prevent the thefts, but not the brats?

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #59
petdoc
Earning My Ears

Thanks for info. I am a newbie so learning about all sorts of things. Now I'll decorate my door!!
petdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #60
AustinAg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimoinparadise View Post
Please also ask DCL guests to kindly refrain from "acquiring" magnetic door decorations from someone else's cabin door. Over the last eight cruises, we've yet to finish a DCL cruise with the same door decorations that we started with.
This is good to know. I was about to bring a bunch of magnets. Now maybe just a few.
AustinAg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: