Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #31
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Then on Saturday my Godson's brother turned 5 and was having a bowling party, so we all loaded up for that.

Here is the Birthday boy...

This is my Godson, Xavian

Xavian Bowling

My family is in there somewhere, I have no idea where.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #32
dgbg100106

So today is my son's birthday and he is 26, but on Sunday we took him to a baseball game, the Baltimore Orioles vs. The White Sox's. The O's won....

It was so hot and humid, I could hardly stand to be out there.

I know this is bad, but I thought it was funny, so we had to have a picture.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #33
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Great family pics!

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #34
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

How fun Brandi! I can't believe you have a 26-y-o son You don't look old enough Great-looking family!
Looks like you guys have a lot of fun

P.S. That driftwood horse is incredible!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #35
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Great family pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
How fun Brandi! I can't believe you have a 26-y-o son You don't look old enough Great-looking family!
Looks like you guys have a lot of fun

P.S. That driftwood horse is incredible!
My family is crazy but I love them, there is a whole long story to go with it but these two are my step kids. They look just like their father, it is uncanny....

But I have been raising them so the son even calls me mom, the daughter does not she calls me Brandi.

But they are mine....

We are always off doing something or going some where... too busy sometimes, it is hard for me to stay on top of the planning.

Brandi

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #36
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

So funny, Brandi - when I saw the photo of your DH and DS, I just thought , "That's so nice that he obviously gets along so great w/ his step-dad" LOL! Now that I look at the photo again, yeah, it's kinda obvious who his daddy is
Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 AM   #37
dgbg100106

Quote:
So funny, Brandi - when I saw the photo of your DH and DS, I just thought , "That's so nice that he obviously gets along so great w/ his step-dad" LOL! Now that I look at the photo again, yeah, it's kinda obvious who his daddy is
It happens all the time, everyone thinks they are mine and that he is a step dad, i think is it funny, sometimes it bothers him...

I think it is just they way we get along, we are ALL in it together, no matter what we do.

So I think people just see a family that gets along

2013 Cruising adventures

Last edited by dgbg100106; 08-12-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #38
dgbg100106

Cirque Dreams

Well not that I did not have enough going on my life I have now added Cirque Dream two days before we leave for WDW and AKL...

Well that was the only day I could get and I thought why not go ahead and do it and enjoy!, Maybe start the vacation a little early.

So I ordered the tickets and now can look forward to a wonderful afternoon spent in Baltimore...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #39
dgbg100106

NYC and Broadway

Well my DH just surprised me with a trip to NYC on Dec 6th, for 3 days....
He even got DVC tickets to see the Lion King on Broadway.

I am so excited. I have been to NYC before but always as a day trip, never to spend the night and never in Winter.

This is going to be amazing, to see Rockefeller Center dressed up for Christmas and the Tree all light up. T see the amazing windows all decked out for the holidays.

This is going to be wonderful!

Oh and did I mention that the tickets for Lion King are 3rd row center........

ok ok I have to calm down.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #40
dgbg100106

First Ever Driving Lesson

So I think I might have mentioned that my DD is 17.....UGHHHHHHH

Well she has never really cared about driving, until this year, so she has been studying and sitting in the car and making sure she knows where everything is.

We went to the Go karting place for her first ever driving experience. She has never driven anything I think she is kinda scared, but excited at the same time.

ok here she is getting ready to go...

Check out this intense look, her hands hurt after wards from gripping the wheel so hard...

I can't tell if she is scared or not.

He is finding it too easy, but then again she just missed a stop sign and ran right into him. What are brothers for HUH?

I think she had fun!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #41
dgbg100106

Mini Golf

So I learned a long time ago when David and I were dating that it was NOT a good idea for us to play Put Put Golf. We are way too competitive in anything related to sports, so I always just keep score.

here is my Lefty...

the whole Gang.

DS

DD getting a hole in one..

this is DH getting a hole in one, on the last hole to get a free game. Such concentration .

Dad and kids

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #42
dgbg100106

Tag Changed ....

Well over night I noticed that my tag changed from Mouseketeer to DIS Veteran. How did that happen? But I am excited.

Maybe one of these day I will get something from the Tag Fairy

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #43
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Well my DH just surprised me with a trip to NYC on Dec 6th, for 3 days....
He even got DVC tickets to see the Lion King on Broadway.

I am so excited. I have been to NYC before but always as a day trip, never to spend the night and never in Winter.

This is going to be amazing, to see Rockefeller Center dressed up for Christmas and the Tree all light up. T see the amazing windows all decked out for the holidays.

This is going to be wonderful!

Oh and did I mention that the tickets for Lion King are 3rd row center........

ok ok I have to calm down.
That is AWESOME! You will have such a great time
I took my daughter to NYC for the second time earlier this summer and it was incredible. I'm jealous! What a great hubby

Your daughter is gorgeous. How funny that she's 17 and only now interested in driving! I guess it's different when you live in the city

Too cute about your husband and his competitive putt putt

How are your AKL plans coming along?

Is your cruise before, after or in the middle of your AKL/AKV stay?
Old 08-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #44
dgbg100106

Quote:
That is AWESOME! You will have such a great time
I took my daughter to NYC for the second time earlier this summer and it was incredible. I'm jealous! What a great hubby
He is pretty awesome... Took me long enough to find him so he is going no where! He spoils me and I love it.

Quote:
Your daughter is gorgeous. How funny that she's 17 and only now interested in driving! I guess it's different when you live in the city
There is so much public transportation around here you can get almost anywhere and never drive. Which can be good or bad. but I love it b/c I hate the traffic.

Quote:
Too cute about your husband and his competitive putt putt
I learned back when we were dating to never play a game with him. We can't even play cards or bingo, he hates to lose and I love to bet him! So it makes for a dangerous combo. He is even worse at bowling!

Quote:
How are your AKL plans coming along?
With the back to school plans and senior pictures and oldest son graduating college, I have no had much time to work on the AKL plans. I am hoping that the seminar and demo schedule for food and wine festival comes out soon so I can make those plans. We both want to do a couple of things but the world will not stop if we don't get them.

Quote:
Is your cruise before, after or in the middle of your AKL/AKV stay?
The cruise is after WDW, I was hoping that we could have arranged it to be after the cruise but our schedule was already getting things to do in it, so many people plan far in advance that we had to go to WDW first. We are renting a car there on property and driving down to Ft Lauderdale and boarding the cruise then flying back from Ft Lauderdale.

Only 50 days left until I am back at AKL.......

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #45
dgbg100106

Morning everyone,

Well today is a good day on my countdown clock, only 49 days left for me before vacation time starts!!!!!!

David and I went to the Chesapeake Crab and Beer Festival this past Saturday at the National Harbour and it was amazing. We had more fun than we should have, but I was the DD for the days events, which was a big change for us....:D So I thought David was so funny! The chilled Tequila Bar is what really got him. Here is the link to the Festival http://mdcrabfest.com/

I forgot my camera so the only pictures I have are from his phone... Which aren't very good, but better than nothing.

Only 49 days until the Food and Wine Festival, Mickey here I come!

2013 Cruising adventures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: