Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
MOmousefan
DIS Veteran

Leaving in 13 Days

I picked up my Disney packet from my TA and am ready to leave in 13 days. This will be my second solo trip since my last trip in 2009 and 7th overall.
When - May 2-7
Where - Pop Century Resort. I recieved a 25% off PIN, couldn't refuse this!

I will be leaving from Kansas City Int (MCI) at 12:55 PM and flying nonstop to Orlando, arriving around 4:40. Last November I purchased the Wanna Getaway tickets from Southwest for $252. I toyed with idea of driving down but with today's gas prices I am glad for the decision.

Hopefully my next trip will include one of my granddaughters. Lily is 19 months old and walking (And getting into everything), so I can hardly wait.

Elizabeth is 16 months old and a real sweety.

Both of their mothers have been to WDW and are looking forward to another visit.

I have been to WDW in May twice before and thought the weather and crowds were ideal. Our trip in December didn't feel like Disney due to the cool weather. My last trip was in September and while the crowds were low, the humidity was oppressive. If you have read any of my older TRs you know our trip in August was terrible. My DW has refused to go ever since.
GOALS:
Every trip I set out to do new things. I have yet to see the China movie, visit Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge, or eat at the Earl of Sandwich. I plan on taking quite a few pictures and videos this trip with a new DLSR, a Canon EOS XS. This what I plan to use this trip:

I used the DDP on my last trip and felt my vacation revolved around dining reservations. Plus I couldn't use the room discount with "free" dining. I'll be paying for Dole Whipps OOP. I have been retired from teaching for 4 years and still substititute teach to pay for these trips. Everytime I sit in a classroom my mantra is "$77.50 toward WDW". I missed going last year to pay for a new computer.
I want to pack a week early because I am a mentor on a high school robotics team that has qualified to compete in the World Championships and we return home late Saturday night and I leave Monday. I debated what time to leave Monday, but decided around Noon wouldn't require an early wake-up. The new May hours are out and MK is open until 1 AM, so that leaves plenty of park time.
I plan to write a TR upon returning, so hopefully you will find it interesting enough to read it. Hope to see you there!
Our 2008 Christmas Trip Report
Our 2007 Trip
Our 2005 Trip
See all of my Videos

Last edited by MOmousefan; 05-09-2011 at 06:51 PM.
MOmousefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read all about it. One day i will be brave enough to do Disney solo.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .
ChattaAlley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
MOmousefan
DIS Veteran

Leaving...

Thank you for the reply. I don't tell the family, but the solo trip was one of the best I've had. I did exactly what I wanted to, when I wanted to. The kids would get a little frustrated waiting on my picture taking, so now I fire at will. Try a solo trip and see for yourself.
Our 2008 Christmas Trip Report
Our 2007 Trip
Our 2005 Trip
See all of my Videos
MOmousefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
Bella213
Earning My Ears

I'm excited to read about your trip when you return! Hope you have a great time and take a lot of great pictures! Very nice camera set up you have!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: