Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #91
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRN97 View Post
Just found your thread. Looking forward to reading it. This will be mine and DH 3rd trip, DS (4) 2nd trip and our little princess's 1 st trip. DS was 2 1/2 his first trip so i am looking forward to reading the tips as DD will just turn 14 months for our much anticipated Nov trip and all of our first MVMCP
Welcome aboard! If you have any questions or things for me to think about on the trip, let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRN97 View Post
Plus the character greeting area after the animation studio thingy is a hidden gem, especially for the heat in August.

Where is the character greeting at DHS?
Definitely! And it's like the only place to meet Sorcerer Mickey, right?
I don't know of any other character greeting spot for DHS, did you mean a different park?
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #92
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

AGH! Look what i just got:
Quote:
MICKEY MOMS CLUB ILLUMINATIONS! PARTY
AUGUST 22, 2010 8:00 PM
Mickey Moms Club members and their friends are invited to a party and viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, the fireworks and laser water show at Epcot™.

There you can meet each other, enjoy refreshments and have a special spot to see the breathtaking, brilliant bursts of fire, laserlight effects, dramatic fountain barges, a stirring musical score and the world's first spherical video display system—the 350,0000-pound Earth Globe performed at Disney's Epcot™ theme park.

Mickey Moms Club members or their friends can bring themselves along with 5 additional guests. Space is limited and you must RSVP by August 16, 2010.
We're leaving on the 20th!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #93
harleyquinn

Lily's 1st b-day party pics!

Not quite sure:

A little messy:

Diving in:
Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #94
harleyquinn

We leave in 8 DAYS!!! AHHHHHH!!

I took the afternoon off yesterday and my aunt took Lily so I did 4 stright hours of cleaning, washing clothes and packing. I'm done and most of Lily's outfits are done. Now I just have to round up all the extra stuff and DH has to find time to do his stuff.

Luckily my mom is taking her tomorrow, so DH and I can go shopping for all the last minute stuff. Then we have to see if it all fits in the car!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #95
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Oh how sweet she is!!!!!!
You're going to have such a blast...can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #96
harleyquinn

Thanks Melody!

So I ordered a new Ergo Performance from MyStrollers.com last week and it still hasn't shipped!! I'm so mad (at them and myself!) I thought I had the shipping confirmation, but it was just the order confirmation! ARGH!! And they aren't open on Saturdays or Sundays!! ARGH! The carrier is $18 cheaper from them than anyone else and I should have known it was too good to be true.
So Monday morning I'll be calling them to figure this out. At this point, I see them just canceling on me and I'll have to pay the extra, plus fast shipping to get it here by Thursday! ARGH!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #97
harleyquinn

So went to check in online for my trip next week and discovered that I never actually canceled the first day of the trip with the TA. So we'll be there on Friday, not Saturday! lol Luckily I already had the extra day off work and since we're driving, no worries about flights. Now I have to look at my schedule.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #98
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

Love the birthday smash cake pictures! Too cute

How exciting that your trip is so soon now. I can't wait to hear all about her first trip!
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
arizonacolbys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #99
harleyquinn

Thanks!

I've been trying to call mystrollers.com all morning, but now they have a new message that says they are having technical difficulties. So I just ordered it from Amazon. Hopefully I can get through and cancel the other one.

Other than that, we're all set!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:53 AM   #100
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
So went to check in online for my trip next week and discovered that I never actually canceled the first day of the trip with the TA. So we'll be there on Friday, not Saturday! lol Luckily I already had the extra day off work and since we're driving, no worries about flights. Now I have to look at my schedule.
Oh goodness!!! Glad you remembered to cancel that!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #101
moparop
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I realize I am jumping in on the tail end of this TR, but it looks like are little girls are VERY close in age. We'll also be there in December, but a few before you guys. I am loving your travel list, am interested to see how nursing at the parks, goes and how your carrier situation works out. We have an Ergo that we have used a lot, but not lately. We have both a Peg and Mac, but I think the Peg will be going with us.

I hope your trip is amazing... oh and fill me in on this getting the tickets early thing... I am VERY intrigued!!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #102
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Oh goodness!!! Glad you remembered to cancel that!
I'm just excited that we have an extra day and that we aren't flying...the only time I've been happy about not flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Hi there! I realize I am jumping in on the tail end of this TR, but it looks like are little girls are VERY close in age. We'll also be there in December, but a few before you guys. I am loving your travel list, am interested to see how nursing at the parks, goes and how your carrier situation works out. We have an Ergo that we have used a lot, but not lately. We have both a Peg and Mac, but I think the Peg will be going with us.

I hope your trip is amazing... oh and fill me in on this getting the tickets early thing... I am VERY intrigued!!
It's just the tail end of the PTR, you've come at a great time!

As for the carrier, my Ergo Performance arrived today from Amazon. I cancelled the one from mystrollers (and still haven't been refunded BTW--AVOID them!)

Early Ticket Pickup--This nugget is completely thanks to Cheshire Figment the DIS Ticket Expert:
Quote:
I. Picking up Package Tickets Prior To Start Of Package

In cases where Walt Disney World Resort Guests would like to begin using their Package Tickets prior to the day of check-in (up to three days in advance), the Guests will be directed to visit any Theme Park Guest Relations location and request Early Ticket Pick-Up.

It is only valid for people with packages at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort. You can be staying off-property at the time you pick up the tickets.

There is a possibility that if your package and the stay prior to the package are at the same Resort that you will be able to get the tickets at the Resort and not have to go to a Park Guest Relations Office.

And the tickets issued will be valid for the entire stay; they will not receive valid tickets when they actually check-in to their resort. There is a strong possibility that the tickets you have received prior to check-in cannot be added to your KTTW on or after check-in.
This is his sticky thread:
Everything About WDW Tickets
Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #103
harleyquinn

Margaret--I found your PTR and will get through it when I get back, but I had to say that your DD is ADORABLE!! (So are the boys of course )

And I see you're in Cinci? So close, yet so far away! lol Are you Bengals fans? (If you are Steelers fans, I'm afraid I can't speak to you anymore )
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #104
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's just the tail end of the PTR, you've come at a great time!

As for the carrier, my Ergo Performance arrived today from Amazon. I cancelled the one from mystrollers (and still haven't been refunded BTW--AVOID them!)

Early Ticket Pickup--This nugget is completely thanks to Cheshire Figment the DIS Ticket Expert:

This is his sticky thread:
Everything About WDW Tickets
Thanks for the scoop on the early pick-up. That totally changes everything on my touring plans. I hope the Ergo works out great for you. My hubby liked it better than any carrier he has ever used, including a frame backpack. We've even had my middle son in it at about 2.5 and it was totally comfy!

Quote:
Margaret--I found your PTR and will get through it when I get back, but I had to say that your DD is ADORABLE!! (So are the boys of course )

And I see you're in Cinci? So close, yet so far away! lol Are you Bengals fans? (If you are Steelers fans, I'm afraid I can't speak to you anymore )
Thanks on the compliments! Lily is just darling too! I can't believe she is already saying Pooh! I cannot wait for that moment! And yes, we are in Cinci, but are originally from MI. I am, sadly, a Lions fan. It's a habit I'd love to break, but you know how you just feel the hope every August that this year is going to be the one where your team comes through. My hubby is actually in Cleveland tonight at the Indians game (and a meeting for work).
Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #105
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Thanks for the scoop on the early pick-up. That totally changes everything on my touring plans. I hope the Ergo works out great for you. My hubby liked it better than any carrier he has ever used, including a frame backpack. We've even had my middle son in it at about 2.5 and it was totally comfy!

Thanks on the compliments! Lily is just darling too! I can't believe she is already saying Pooh! I cannot wait for that moment! And yes, we are in Cinci, but are originally from MI. I am, sadly, a Lions fan. It's a habit I'd love to break, but you know how you just feel the hope every August that this year is going to be the one where your team comes through. My hubby is actually in Cleveland tonight at the Indians game (and a meeting for work).
Got to try out the new Ergo last night and I LOVE it!! Fits super comfy and it's much lighter than the regular Ergo. DH is already excited about trying the hip carry. Whatever gets him carrying more than me! I'll give a full review when we get back.

A Lions fan...then we totally understand each other!

This time tomorrow, I'll know exactly how smart or stupid crazy it was to drive with a 1 year old! I hope to get the TR started ASAP, but I likely won't get a chance to get back here until August 24th. See you all then!

(Keep us in your thoughts for a smooth drive! (and trip!))

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: