Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #91
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
There has been a lot of soaking up sunshine at our house, too! I don't want to go back to school tomorrow and be stuck inside all day!!!

Narcoosee's sounds good -- I always like the pictures I see from there.

Woo hoo for the Sandcastle Club -- a date night will be lovely!
Yes, the food is right up our alley, mussels, etc. SO we can have seafood together this summer CP!!!! YAY for mussels, calamari, salads, and chardonnay! I don't think we will get past the appetizer menu...

Yup! We all have a good time, boys too! So that includes dinner and we use the DDP for them on another night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Narcoosee's is a great choice. I think I would have picked that over Rose & Crown also.

I hope the Dessert Party dates are extended .
Given the time of year, it made the most sense.. SO we will try R & C some time when we go back in the winter.

I REALLY hope the Dessert Party is extended!!! I had reserved this last summer then got cold feet, thought it was too expensive, DH wouldn't think it was worth it, but then I told him and he exclaimed, "WHAT? You cancelled that? It would have been great to get out of the crowd!" So... Hopefully we can again! I have a perfect night waiting for it, should they extend the dates!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:15 AM   #92
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Love the souvenirs from Egypt. The scarves and necklaces are beautiful.

The blankets for Project Linus are adorable.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #93
stace208
DIS Veteran

Your husband brought home some beautiful things! My DS would love that Lego thing too!!

Loved the blankets that you made for GAD! Can't wait to see you binder thingy. I did mine a little differently for the spring break trip and it still has some kinks...love to see what others use!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #94
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

I also explored the Dessert party. With the new summer fireworks, etc. I am waiting to see if and when they will extend the party dates... The last party they have is 5/31 so we shall see!
I keep going back and forth over this one too. But it's been getting some really negative press. I think I'm going to settle for making my own dessert wishes party. We'll head to the poly, buy some dessert (okay maybe a dessert drink) and watch the fireworks from there.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Diamondintheruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #95
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Your DH brought you some great stuff back from Egypt! I love the necklaces, especially the middle one, and that bracelet too. Those signs with the boys names in hieroglyphics are really cool

You'll love DL, we went summer of 2008 and had such a wonderful time. I want to go back, but am going to wait until they finish all the renovations at California Adventure.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #96
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Love your Egyptian gifts. Your DH has wonderful taste! Can't wait to see the framed prints on the boys walls!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #97
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Wow, what nice gifts your husband chose. How neat you get to travel to some interesting countries.

The blankets are adorable!

Erika

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #98
manntra
DIS Veteran

Love your Egyptian loot! The hieroglyphics are really cool and I love the bracelet and scarves! Such good taste that man has!! So what is your favorite perfume?
And oh yes I know how expensive that saffron is....mind you not from actually cooking with it, only from watching cooking shows that tell you how expensive it is

Tracy
Old 04-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #99
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Love the souvenirs from Egypt. The scarves and necklaces are beautiful.

The blankets for Project Linus are adorable.
Thanks! I am pleased with the way the blankets came out. I was able to get the fleece really reasonably on sale, and it was not much time to do them, and easy.

Yes, he brought back some fun stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Your husband brought home some beautiful things! My DS would love that Lego thing too!!

Loved the blankets that you made for GAD! Can't wait to see you binder thingy. I did mine a little differently for the spring break trip and it still has some kinks...love to see what others use!
Yes, they really liked the pyramid of lego!

I shared my Binder Thingy back on my summer trip of 09! I made all the pages for Christmas and used them, but didn't get my act together to laminate it all! I am working on it for this year, though, and I have old pictures I can show you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I keep going back and forth over this one too. But it's been getting some really negative press. I think I'm going to settle for making my own dessert wishes party. We'll head to the poly, buy some dessert (okay maybe a dessert drink) and watch the fireworks from there.

What a drag! Really? I have to explore... that is a shame, seems if they come up with something fun it shouldn't go downhill!!! I like the dessert drink option, definitely!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Your DH brought you some great stuff back from Egypt! I love the necklaces, especially the middle one, and that bracelet too. Those signs with the boys names in hieroglyphics are really cool

You'll love DL, we went summer of 2008 and had such a wonderful time. I want to go back, but am going to wait until they finish all the renovations at California Adventure.
Thank! Yes I like the stone one too! I am looking forward to getting the prints framed...

We went to DL a few years ago, well, I guess it was longer than that, it was about ten years ago! I am excited to go now, there is so much that has changed I know! I walked around DTD last January when I was in LA for a conference, so it was fun to see the differences, and to see the park poking up in the distance! We walked through the GC, and I can't wait to stay there! We will be there for Halloween, then going down to San Diego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Love your Egyptian gifts. Your DH has wonderful taste! Can't wait to see the framed prints on the boys walls!
He did pick some great items out for us!

The Tshirts for the boys are too cute.

I will take photos once I get them framed!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 04-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #100
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Wow, what nice gifts your husband chose. How neat you get to travel to some interesting countries.

The blankets are adorable!

Erika
We do love to travel! The blankets turned out really cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Love your Egyptian loot! The hieroglyphics are really cool and I love the bracelet and scarves! Such good taste that man has!! So what is your favorite perfume?
And oh yes I know how expensive that saffron is....mind you not from actually cooking with it, only from watching cooking shows that tell you how expensive it is

Tracy
HA! That is so funny!!! I make paella in the summer, and it is a big New Year's Eve dish in our house!

He is pretty good in the gift selection department! Well he bought me a bottle of my "winter/fall" "going out" fragrance... it is a heavier scent called Delicies by Cartier; he bought me the the eau de Parfum -- it was about $50.00 less Duty Free. I normally wear Narciso Rodriguez, everyday. It works spring, summer, fall, anytime.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #101
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Great update... love all your Egyptian goodies! The shirts are very pretty, as well as the scarves.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #102
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

A security guard with the tour group? That's a bit daunting! I can see why you decided to wait to take the boys. So, did DH take students this time, or was it just him? Did he take any pictures while he was there?

The blankets for Project Linus turned out adorable!!!

Now on to the souvenirs...

Coveting the scarves and jewelry -- too cool! I love funky stuff like that!

The hieroglyphs with the boys' names are so neat! I bet they will look fabulous framed.

That Lego game! Oh, how I wish I could find one of those here in the states...I may have to head over to eBay and see if there are any there.

And last, but certainly not least, I had to pick myself up off the floor when I saw the price DH paid for that amount of saffron!!! That's practically worth the price of the trip in and of itself. Out of curiosity, what are the customs regulations about bringing spices into the country?
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #103
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful update! How amazing that your DH is able to take students all over the world like that...very cool! Your gifts from Egypt are exquisite! The blankets you made are just precious! You will LOVE Narcoosees, we ate there last summer and LOVED it, the service and food were outstanding! The boys also went to the Sandcastle Kids Club and really liked it there too! Good choices You are such a fun family to read about, thanks so much for sharing!!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #104
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A security guard with the tour group? That's a bit daunting! I can see why you decided to wait to take the boys. So, did DH take students this time, or was it just him? Did he take any pictures while he was there?
Yeah, it was strange, but apparently that is the government rule for foreign travel groups. Not sure why. He did take students, and parents. the group was about 20 people. He is NOT a photographer. He didn't take a camera, he had his cell phone but not sure if he used it there... He will get photos from kids, and when he does (they always give/send him some) I will share a few... they rode camels! We rode elephants in Thailand, but it was NOT the same he said!

Quote:
The blankets for Project Linus turned out adorable!!!
Thanks! We had fun making them.

Quote:

Now on to the souvenirs...

Coveting the scarves and jewelry -- too cool! I love funky stuff like that!

The hieroglyphs with the boys' names are so neat! I bet they will look fabulous framed.

That Lego game! Oh, how I wish I could find one of those here in the states...I may have to head over to eBay and see if there are any there.
Yes, you should check around, I bet they are available.... it is actually a game. I don't know how to play it yet, DS7 just put it together today... We have a lego chess set, which he loves! Castle lego pieces. Very cool... I don't know what the game is exactly, but we will probably try to play next weekend.

Quote:

And last, but certainly not least, I had to pick myself up off the floor when I saw the price DH paid for that amount of saffron!!! That's practically worth the price of the trip in and of itself. Out of curiosity, what are the customs regulations about bringing spices into the country?
You know, it is a very good question... I just asked him ... he said "I have no idea" Meaning I don't think he thought to ask, and he didn't offer the information, rather, they only ask about perishable foods (meat, cheese, fruit) and food items not packaged properly sealed, etc. he said the tour guide didn't say it would be a problem to bring these items back, and they are pretty good at making this information clear. Lots of the touring adults bought spices and essence oils, so I suspect that it was permitted. If it were not, there would have been more specific information posted all over the airport. Spices and teas, wouldn't normally be prohibited. Though they were not in sealed packages, per se, so if Customs had opened his bag they may not have allowed him to keep them because it was not in presealed packages. Not sure. I think the tour guide would have said something, about it, if it were a problem. I have never seen THAT much saffron before, either. It's crazy!

Old 04-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #105
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Great update... love all your Egyptian goodies! The shirts are very pretty, as well as the scarves.
Thanks, Laura!!! I am excited to try everything out. I really like the red one, it will be perfect as a coverup I am thinking...

Are you getting excited for summer??!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: