Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #76
mickeyphile
Earning My Ears

Smile

A belated Happy Easter! Sounds like you guys had a fun day. The weather definitely helped. Have you heard about the wait list yet for your last two days? Are your plans for Vero beach still tentative or have you decided to go there regardless of availability at the WDW resort? Someone I knew in the northeast had been to Vero a few times and she and her family really liked it and enjoyed their time there. We have considered going there as we are DVC members but then once we (or rather I) start planning I want maximum days at the WDW resort and close proximity to the parks. Keep us posted as your PTRs and TRs are so enjoyable to read.
mickeyphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #77
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Woo hoo for 75 days!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
75 days!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
75 days to go
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
WooHOO!!!! 75!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post

Sorry but I brought creepy dancing guy to dance tonight.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
YAY!!!! THANKS GUYS!!!

Except now it is 70 days!!! I didn't get my act together enough this week!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Shocker - isn't it kinda sacrilegious to post the Six Flags dancing guy on a Disney PTR????
IS that who he is??!! I would never have known! TOOO funny!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #78
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Aww man! Missed the start...going back to read!
No worries! Not much happening QUITE yet! Glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I WAS!! LOL!
O cpouldn't see her link in the signature , so I panicked!
Hello! Glad you found us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyphile View Post
A belated Happy Easter! Sounds like you guys had a fun day. The weather definitely helped. Have you heard about the wait list yet for your last two days? Are your plans for Vero beach still tentative or have you decided to go there regardless of availability at the WDW resort? Someone I knew in the northeast had been to Vero a few times and she and her family really liked it and enjoyed their time there. We have considered going there as we are DVC members but then once we (or rather I) start planning I want maximum days at the WDW resort and close proximity to the parks. Keep us posted as your PTRs and TRs are so enjoyable to read.
Hi! Well, for now we figure 9 nights at Disney will be enough, and so if we get to stay two more at BC we will, otherwise we will go enjoy Vero for a few days, I think it will be fun, actually, something different but still a little Disney!

I am anxious to spend a lot of time in the parks too, but this summer I also want to enjoy the resorts a bit more. I am excited regardless!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Old 04-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #79
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Belated Postings!

Gee how time flies!!! I have been nonstop since the end of spring break, and thank goodness This was only a three day week! I NEEDED the weekend!

Cant believe things are so nutty, but finally caught my breath. Soccer started, DH came home from his student trip, I have been meeting with contractors for my back yard, and doing some gardening to get my yard back in shape after winter! Work has been busy, some deadlines I was working with, but in the midst of that last week I did do some Disney planning, and I am sooo excited to share it with you!

Just

Not

YET.

LATER.

Okay, okay, I am not a tease, really, just have to get everything READY to share! I have souveniers from Egypt, I have some trip planning updates, I have a few purchases to share, and more! So that is what I am working on right now! More to come, okay?! Stay tuned!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 04-10-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #80
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

Okay, okay, I am not a tease, really, just have to get everything READY to share! I have souveniers from Egypt, I have some trip planning updates, I have a few purchases to share, and more! So that is what I am working on right now! More to come, okay?! Stay tuned!!!
I think Happydog and Wigd went to the same TR school!
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
wsushocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #81
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
I think Happydog and Wigd went to the same TR school!
Oh no, I seriously have a LOT to learn in that department, I could never sustain, what is it? FIFTEEN pages? of highly important jibber jabber and small talk without even posting ONE photo of my trip! SHE is a pro...

Oh! I must say she did at least post two -- well one of you and one of Jill and her! AND I guess the contest and the souvenirs, AND she did break her arm in it all, so I GUESS she has an excuse...

ME??? I gotta get to it!!!

ARE you ready for the cruise??!! Going to be SOOOOOOOOOO much fun! Get bonine. If you think you might have any reaction to the waves. JUST in case.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #82
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #83
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hi, Happydog! I was just coming over to ask if there was any trip planning or other fun news -- I see you are keeping us in suspense.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #84
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Pictures tomorrow!

Okay, okay, I will at least give you a few updates tonight, and then I will share photos tomorrow!

So, if you have seen our itinerary and ADRs, I have to say we have made one change.... We have decided to try Narcossee's for dinner on the 21st INSTEAD of the Rose and Crown. I know I know, it was a very well recommended choice for dinner, but the more I looked at the menu and thought about summer weather, I remembered why I was hesitant to try it in other trips -- just too hot to enjoy pub food! -- so alas, I have added an ADR for Narcossee's which is just a monorail ride away instead of a drive in the car. We were anticipating making it back over to the MK after dinner, so having dinner at the GF will be a great addition to that daily plan.

I booked our Sandcastle club reservation for the boys today!
SO now we have them scheduled for 7:00 -- I think we are leaning towards the Blue Zoo, but we will see.

I also explored the Dessert party. With the new summer fireworks, etc. I am waiting to see if and when they will extend the party dates... The last party they have is 5/31 so we shall see!

Lastly, we mailed off our GAD project today! I have photos, so tune in tomorrow!

Old 04-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #85
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hi, Happydog! I was just coming over to ask if there was any trip planning or other fun news -- I see you are keeping us in suspense.
Sorry guys! I was still over-busy tonight! I have to get these photos loaded tomorrow am! Then I will share those!

Too much soccer and yard work and grilling! With baths thrown in for good measure! Two dirty mud-puppies needed a bath!

I am wiped out! I'll be back in the morning because the weather will be another gorgeous day! I am anxious to be out in the sunshine!

Old 04-11-2010, 07:05 AM   #87
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

There has been a lot of soaking up sunshine at our house, too! I don't want to go back to school tomorrow and be stuck inside all day!!!

Narcoosee's sounds good -- I always like the pictures I see from there.

Woo hoo for the Sandcastle Club -- a date night will be lovely!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #88
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Narcoosee's is a great choice. I think I would have picked that over Rose & Crown also.

I hope the Dessert Party dates are extended .

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #89
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Walk like...

Well MY DH got to walk like an Egyptian this spring break, and I, well I stepped back from this one. NOT because I didn't want to go mind you, but this was a "scouting" trip for him. I suspect we will be going as a family in a few years. My DH is a regular tour group leader in the spring. We take HS students abroad pretty regularly. It is how we have been able to travel to such places as Thailand, Australia, and numerous trips to Europe, and mostly to Italy. We will be headed there again next spring, to a new region, and I am very excited. We have brought our own children on most of these excursions.
This trip, however, two factors came into play: ONE - the newness of it all. While the other locations were abroad, none were this foreign to us -- we were not sure how they would manage, how we would manage with them, and we wanted to scout it out to see. So the original plan was that I would go and my mother would be here to take care of the kids. Well, then I started talking about doing some work in my back yard... The $ it would cost for me to go to Egypt would pay for a short family trip to Disney if you can do that math, so we basically opted for that. So TWO - I sacrificed going to Egypt this time, we went to Disney in February, and I get my new patio! I also was lavished with many gifts so it wasn't too bad! I know we will go back, it fits with the curriculum that my husband teaches. But it may be China instead, so we'll see! They had to have an armed guard with them as tourists, so I am sure you can tell the difference in travel that this tour required. It was amazing I am sure, and DH said it was very interesting and he is going to plan a different itinerary next time, but hopefully when the kids are older. They are still too young to really go there. Europe no problem. Australia was no problem, either. This was just too new for all of us to consider as a family.

SO, moving on from explanation to pictures!!!

Here are some of the treasures DH brought home!

Okay, I know it doesn't look like much, but if you cook with it, you will appreciate it... this is a bag of saffron. Less than a teaspoon sells for $12.00 at the store, so I hope you can appreciate that my DH bought it for $5.00...

He also bought several other spices for really really cheap and direct from the source!

For our boys he bought the following... These are their names in Hieroglypics, and a scarab image with (beetle and cat). I am waiting for a 50% discount on custom framing from Michaels. then I will get them framed up and in their rooms!

THEN he brought me the following...

I wanted a wrap or scarf, he got me this, it is very delicate fabric, with embroidery, like a pashmina but egyptian cotton... would look nice with a black summer dress, or something like that.

Jewelry... I love funky jewelry like this, goes well with my wardrobe, and I can usually get away with interesting necklaces for work, and I like to wear wood jewelry with all my bangles in the summer...

This is a rather delicate bracelet -- I have a really cute yellow cotton and eyelet tanktop that it will go nicely with.

Here is another scarf, very light and sheer fabric...

These are really cool! The red on is longer, like thigh length with slits. It is sheer, so would be great with a tank under and possibly as a swim coverup!
The tan one is not sheer, but has neat contrasting embrodiery, and will be nice with heeled sandals and jeans in the spring/fall.. It is shorter, more low hip length... The cotton is really nice, these are fitted but loose, if that makes sense!

AND for the boys... a game... it isn't exactly EGYPTIAN, but...

He bought them some Teeshirts, too, I forgot to take a picture, but they are cute, with Egyptian symbols down the front.

So those are our souveniers!! PLUS a few things from Duty free... my DH bought me a large bottle of my FAVORITE perfume...

I had Easter cookies and several stone and pavers catalogs to share with him...

NEXT up...

What else for Disney? WELL.... I had signed my family up for the GAD project this winter. We were able to sign up and then plan our activity for spring break, and so over spring break we made blankets for the Project Linus organization (they make little security/comfort blankets to give to children in the hospital, if it is them or their family who is being treated). SO we bought fleece, some nice kid patterns, and made toggle blankets. here are the final products, before I mailed them off!

It was a fun project. We will use these vouchers when we go to Disneyland this fall!!! Another Trip I am really looking forward to, so I cant wait to start researching this! I already have a few guidebooks in my Amazon shopping cart!

I am working on my daily touring plans, and my Binder Thingy! Yes, it will make a new debut this trip! AND Tshirts for the boys! I have some ideas!! I found a couple great DISigns, I hope to use!

so my ticker says... 68 DAYS! WOOT WOOT!!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 04-11-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #90
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I vote for Blue Zoo so I can read about it!

Egypt? Did I miss something??????
Just Keep Reading...

I think that is what we are leaning towards, too...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: