Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #32
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Drum roll, please!

WELLLLLLL.... Here is my itinerary for the trip! There are a few kinks to work out, still, but I am pretty happy with the plans. I did make some adjustments once I was able to review TGM's park touring recommendations.

What we are still discussing is our actual departure date. We may drive down Friday night, or Sat morning early, which would put us there late Saturday afternoon, requiring an extra night in WDW. If so, we are looking at Pop! for a night, so we can get a good night's sleep, shower, etc. and make it over to BLT and the Contemporary early that morning, so we can get our KTTW cards, with our DDP, etc. So we'll see... for the AP discount, the price is really reasonable, so this might make sense as we get closer to the trip. There was availability everywhere, so I don't think that one night will fill up too quickly. BUT in the mean time, here is the itinerary I DO have set in place at this point... I do have a few plans I would like feedback on, but will pose those questions later. Anyhow, let me know what you think so far!!

Sunday June 20th
Arrive at Bay Lake Towers and Check in (early arrival)
Park: Animal Kingdom / Magic Kingdom
QS breakfast at Contempo café (early, right after check-in)
Unpack if room is ready, if not head to Animal Kingdom!
Lunch ADR: Yak and Yeti @ 1:30pm
Back to the resort to unpack
Head to Epcot for dinner
Dinner ADR: Le Cellier @ 6:15pm
Walk to the Magic Kingdom for EMH evening, just for parade and fireworks!
Return to BLT for BED!

Monday June 21st
Park: Magic Kingdom / Epcot
Brunch ADR: Crystal Palace @ 10:25am
Head back to resort for R & R
QS Lunch @ the Sand Bar
Head to Epcot for the evening
Dinner ADR: Rose and Crown @ 7:20pm
(Hope to see Illuminations from the patio!)
Return to BLT!

Tuesday June 22nd
Park: Disney Hollywood Studios
Lunch ADR: Sci Fi Dine-in Theater @ 12:25pm
Back to the resort for R & R
Boat to WL from the Contemporary
Dinner ADR: Whispering Canyon Café @ 6:30pm
Take the boat from WL to Fort Wilderness for the Campfire-Sing-A-Long
See the Electric Water Parade!

Head back to BLT!

Wednesday June 23rd
Park: Epcot
QS Lunch @ Taqueria del Lago
Head over to Epcot
Dinner ADR: Tutto Italia @ 6:35pm
Use any AM FPs
See Illuminations!
Head back to BLT!

Thursday June 24th
Park: Animal Kingdom/ Magic Kingdom
QS Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner ADR: California Grill @ 7:10pm
Walk to the Magic Kingdom for fireworks OR Watch the fireworks from the Cali Grill balcony!
Get organized and ready to move resorts tomorrow.

Friday June 25th
Park: TBA - not sure if we will make it to a park today
Check out of BLT
Take the Monorail to the GF
Brunch ADR: 1900 Park Fare @ 10:00am
Return to BLT, and drive over to BCV
Check in at BCV!

R & R and a Storm Along Bay afternoon!
QS lunch at Hurricane Hannah’s
Sand Castle Club reservation for the boys!
Date Night ADR: Blue Zoo @ 7:30pm OR Bistro de Paris @ 7:30pm
Pick up boys and head back to villa

Saturday June 26th
Park: Magic Kingdom
QS lunch @ Columbia Harbor House
Back to BCV for R & R @ SAB!
Walk to Epcot
Dinner ADR: Tokyo Dining @ 6:00pm
Head back to Magic Kingdom to use FP's, see parade and fireworks
Back to BCV!

Sunday June 27th
Park: Disney Hollywood Studios
QS lunch @ WPE
DTD
Back to BCV for R & R @ SAB!
Walk to Epcot
Dinner ADR: Le Cellier @ 7:20pm
See Illuminations!
Back to BCV!

Monday June 28th
Park: Epcot
Boys on the Albatross Pirate Cruise from the BC
Check out of the BCV
Pick up boys from cruise
Walk to Epcot
QS lunch @ Taqueria del Lago or Yakitori House
Back to BCV
Head to Disney’s Vero Beach Resort!
Check in at Vero Beach!

Tuesday June 29th
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort

Wednesday June 30th
Check out of Vero Beach
Hang out at the resort/pool until after lunch…
Head home!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #33
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great.
How long is the drive from MD? We're driving down to meet my nephews and flying from Reagan.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #34
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I love it. Le Cellier twice!

What's the BC pirate cruise? I didn't know about that....

Blue Zoo is high on my list for a date night. Which I don't think we are going to do but the menu looks fab and from BC...perfect!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #35
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Such fun!!! I am in awe of your long stay!!! You are going to have so much fun! Not to mention, it will be neat to check out Vero!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #36
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
BLT and BCV will be fantastic! The rooms at BLT are beautiful. We had the opportunity to see the BLT model rooms at the Doorway to Dreams store in Roosevelt Field Mall and they are beautiful. Are you DVC members?

SAB in June is going to be great. Your kids may not want to leave the pool.

A couple of questions: We're getting APs in August and have considered TiW. Is it worth getting on the dining plan? Can you use it for CS and TS meals?

Can't wait to read more about your plans!
I am sorry I missed your post! I am really excited to stay at BLT. We saw the model at SSR back in 2008, too, and wow, NICE! NO, we are not DVC members, but we rent points all the time. We do have a timeshare that we can exchange with Disney, so that has worked out as well. We really liked SAB in December, and originally were at Boardwalk, then a conversation that Christmas with WigD convinced us to stick with Beach Club, so we could really take advantage of SAB. We are looking forward to it!!!! They love the sand/dig area, so I know they will hang out there, and we can lounge and not worry about anyone going under! They don't swim with full confidence or ability yet. If we were to ever buy DVC, we would definitely do it like WigD and Shocker!

Well, the TIW card has done us good for sure, and I think we have definitely put it to use -- especially at Christmas with my DBIL and his friend who joined us. But we have used it on all of our trips, so I think it has paid for itself in savings at this point. It is $75.00 so you have to know that you are ultimately spending the "savings" in order to recoup your upfront cost. I am sure we did or will have at the least by this summer. We always get drinks with dinner, and any OOP meals, and aps we might get along with the DDP, so this discount basically is the TIP you have to pay anyhow (which is included, so you can think of it that way).
We definitely take advantage and get full value for the DDP. But we pick restaurants where you get the most for your Disney $ if you know what I mean. Some character meals, more expensive entrees, etc. With the holiday surcharge, that adds a little more to the value of the DDP as well -- though somewhere I heard DVC members didn't have to pay that extra $... Anyhow the DDP is easily a good deal for us, but if we ate the way we normally did we wouldn't be buying dessert, etc... so perhaps it would be less anyhow. In Feb we went completely OOP. We didn't eat full CS meals very often, and we didn't buy dessert, so for that alone I would say we didn't spend as much. For these long trips, though, I like the DDP. The TIW card is only for table service meals. You can use your AP discount in certain places, though, so that discount might work at times too... the restaurants are listed online.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Old 03-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #37
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
awww, I like the idea of a countdown this time and Disney nights as that would be very new for the boys!

Fun pretties!
Thanks! I am leaning this way too, I have some time to decide!

Quote:
Your plans look great.
How long is the drive from MD? We're driving down to meet my nephews and flying from Reagan.
It is about 13 hours for us. LONG, but it really goes surprisingly quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I love it. Le Cellier twice!

What's the BC pirate cruise? I didn't know about that....

Blue Zoo is high on my list for a date night. Which I don't think we are going to do but the menu looks fab and from BC...perfect!
Le Cellier, TWICE. YES. DH's request. So I put it on opposite ends of the trip! The Beach Club Albatross Pirate Cruise is another similar Pirate Cruise (like the one out of the GF)... where they take the kid participants on a two hour excursion, feed them some junk food, then return again! We were scheduled for the cruise LAST summer, at the GF, but this time we decided on the Albatross one, since it takes off from the BCV, and this gives us time to get organized in the villa, pack in peace, and give them something fun to do.

Yeah, Blue Zoo is definitely our style, and both are in walking distance. I wan't to know what Anita and Marc thought of the Bistro before we decided. The menu at Blue Zoo is definitely exciting to us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Such fun!!! I am in awe of your long stay!!! You are going to have so much fun! Not to mention, it will be neat to check out Vero!
I think so, I think it will be, thanks CP! We are curious about Vero, and so if that is what we do, I think it will be a nice return home adventure.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #38
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I am sorry I missed your post! I am really excited to stay at BLT. We saw the model at SSR back in 2008, too, and wow, NICE! NO, we are not DVC members, but we rent points all the time. We do have a timeshare that we can exchange with Disney, so that has worked out as well. We really liked SAB in December, and originally were at Boardwalk, then a conversation that Christmas with WigD convinced us to stick with Beach Club, so we could really take advantage of SAB. We are looking forward to it!!!! They love the sand/dig area, so I know they will hang out there, and we can lounge and not worry about anyone going under! They don't swim with full confidence or ability yet. If we were to ever buy DVC, we would definitely do it like WigD and Shocker!

Well, the TIW card has done us good for sure, and I think we have definitely put it to use -- especially at Christmas with my DBIL and his friend who joined us. But we have used it on all of our trips, so I think it has paid for itself in savings at this point. It is $75.00 so you have to know that you are ultimately spending the "savings" in order to recoup your upfront cost. I am sure we did or will have at the least by this summer. We always get drinks with dinner, and any OOP meals, and aps we might get along with the DDP, so this discount basically is the TIP you have to pay anyhow (which is included, so you can think of it that way).
We definitely take advantage and get full value for the DDP. But we pick restaurants where you get the most for your Disney $ if you know what I mean. Some character meals, more expensive entrees, etc. With the holiday surcharge, that adds a little more to the value of the DDP as well -- though somewhere I heard DVC members didn't have to pay that extra $... Anyhow the DDP is easily a good deal for us, but if we ate the way we normally did we wouldn't be buying dessert, etc... so perhaps it would be less anyhow. In Feb we went completely OOP. We didn't eat full CS meals very often, and we didn't buy dessert, so for that alone I would say we didn't spend as much. For these long trips, though, I like the DDP. The TIW card is only for table service meals. You can use your AP discount in certain places, though, so that discount might work at times too... the restaurants are listed online.
When I add on, I think I'll follow Anita's advice and buy resale. And that may be sooner rather than later

So, if I understand this correctly, you can use TIW to cover any additionals that the DDP does not at TS meals? Hmmm so I can use it for discounts on drinks? Since we're saving on the APs with the DVC discount, TIW won't really cost us anything. Talk about Fuzzy Disney Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

It is about 13 hours for us. LONG, but it really goes surprisingly quick.
I don't know how you do it with two kids
I get antsy on the 3.5 hour drive (with no traffic) from NYC to MD. Traffic is the worst trying to get from NYC to NJ.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:02 PM   #39
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

The Bistro you ask? I give it
Old 04-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #40
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I add on, I think I'll follow Anita's advice and buy resale. And that may be sooner rather than later
She is a good salesperson for Disney on resale, that is for sure!

Ooooo, are you hunting!!??

Quote:

So, if I understand this correctly, you can use TIW to cover any additionals that the DDP does not at TS meals? Hmmm so I can use it for discounts on drinks? Since we're saving on the APs with the DVC discount, TIW won't really cost us anything. Talk about Fuzzy Disney Math
YES, you are correct! You can use it on anything else you get, drinks, appetizers, etc. so yes, it can really help out in this case! BUT they include a 15% tip on whatever you purchase with it -- which is fine, because then you just need to remember to tip LESS on your real DDP bill... I have found that not all the servers advertise this fact each time all the time, so make sure you check to make sure they know you are aware... because in essence you could over tip. (which isn't a bad thing, but you want it to be at your discretion, not unawares...) Oh, and yes, that discount saved is well spent on the TIW!!!! I love Disney Math

Quote:
I don't know how you do it with two kids
I get antsy on the 3.5 hour drive (with no traffic) from NYC to MD. Traffic is the worst trying to get from NYC to NJ.
Well, we drive at night, and our Volvo has DVD's built in so basically, we drive for a few hours, stop for dinner, the kids watch a movie after, then it is time for sleep... they wake up and we are practically there. We have flown, taken the train, and driven down. At Christmas, it was a good thing we drove, or we would not have made it! We barely made it driving as it was! Still, we are paying for airfare to CA and the extra cruise, so saving $ to drive has been cost effective in that respect... talk about fuzzy Disney Math!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #41
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
The Bistro you ask? I give it

Really? Okay! Well when you get to reviewing it on your spring break trip I will be taking notes!!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #42
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Great plans... lots of yummo eats!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #43
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Well hello friends!
Wigd beat me with one arm tied behind her sling!

Sorry I didn't know this was going. This has been a c-r-a-z-y busy week at school. Looking forward to the pre-trip fun. You'll be heading home on the 30th, and we'll be getting to WDW on the 30th. It's a DIS tag team event.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #44
Happydog
DIS Veteran

So I know that I already posted my whole week's itinerary, but I wanted to share a few notes about the plans.

New restaurants for us this trip are:

Yak and Yeti for lunch
Sci Fi Diner for lunch

Rose and Crown for dinner
Tutto Italia for dinner

AND Blue Zoo OR the Bistro. We have to figure that one out still...

I thought to go to the MK our first day in Disney and to have lunch at The Plaza, but after going back and forth, I went ahead with Yak and Yeti... I think it is a good choice.

I have not really decided, but I am leaning with Yak and Yeti. If we don't do AK that day, we will only have one day at the AK, and during the summer, we really enjoy this park -- so I am thinking it is the best plan for us.

I am also really curious about Y & Y -- I saw a few reviews on other TRs I have been watching this year, and everything was positive in review. So I think it will be a good choice to try!

There are a few new Quick Service choices, and of course Wolfgang Puck!! Get me to DTD! The rest of the TS choices are our favorites, and I was so glad to get the places we wanted!

For each day of our trip I have tried to come up with a new experience or attraction to visit. I am still coming together with my daily plans, and I will start to share those as we make our way through April and May! June is just around the corner!!!

Happy Easter weekend everyone!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #45
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

We have eaten at all four of those restaurants and enjoyed our meals at each one.

Yak and Yeti has an outstanding drinks menu -- I highly recommend the Avalanche! Partly because it is fun to say, "A-va-lanche!" as you are sipping on it!

Sci-Fi has the most incredible theming! The movie clips they show are absolutely hysterical! It reminded me of watching Mystery Science Theater when I was in college!

Rose and Crown -- nothing beats the Welsh Dragon and the fish and chips!

Tutto Italia -- sigh. Say hello to those dishy waiters for me!

Last edited by Charleston Princess; 04-01-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: