Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #17
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

joining in. 5 trips wow that's awesome

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #18
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Now to catch up on this and read your cruise tr.
Work keeps getting in the way of DISing. Thank goodness for Spring Break

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #19
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Jackie, do I need to put that magnet on my shopping list? I have a pin for you here, somewhere.....
I will be picking up one for me, I can sure get two
Old 03-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #20
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I'm here too!

I think I'll just miss you. Your school year must end before mine does.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Diamondintheruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #21
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A little Exposition...

So welcome again to the Happy Dog family trip to WDW!

In a few short months, we will be on our way to family fun! This is going to be a great trip for us. Speaking of “US” who might “us” be, you may be wondering. Well, for those of you who have just stumbled on to my PTR, here are the trip participants. For those of you who have already met this crazy bunch, welcome back again, and thanks for joining me on all my crazy Disney adventures

SO... First Up:

DH and I … a couple of educators with a theater background, so consequently we genuinely appreciate the impressive scale of “Disney Details” – we admire the performance of it all. I don’t have many pics of us at the World, but here is one of us on our recent Disney Cruise…

It is a little grainy because it is a photo of a photo, but you get the idea... I will try to get a true Disney photo of us for a change, this coming trip, and I hope to replace this one along the way.

DH and I have two little rapscallions...

Here are my three guys in a few random places:

Closing Down Le Cellier on the 4th of July last summer...

Trying to shoot the crow at the Frontierland shooting gallery on our October MNSSHP trip!

Scaring the wildlife at the Animal Kingdom with their druming during our Christmas week in Disney...

Trying to remove excalibur from the stone (again -- they never learn) in February...

NEXT is our DS7 soon to be 8 this June… just a few days before we arrive in Disney … This young fellow loves all things Star Wars, and had recently discovered Rockin Roller Coaster… he made it on this ride just once during our Snow Storm getaway in February, and well, he can’t wait to go back for it! (Hopefully we won’t have to smuggle him in, as he was a hair too short last time…) Here are a few random highlights for him over the past few trips…

FINALLY, our DS4 soon to be 5 this June … both boys have B-days during the first half of June… He is a typical younger brother, always trying to do what the other does, and then doing his own thing, too…

They are generally patient with eachother, you know the typical "love/hate" brother relationship, but they have definitely enjoyed their time together at the World.

So, now that you know the WHO, How about the WHERE and WHEN???

The trip for us this year begins on June 19th, when we drive down to Disney from MD. We will be checking into the Bay Lake Towers (a studio) for five nights. We then move from BLT to a 1 bedroom villa at the Beach Club Villa’s for three nights. We are presently on a waitlist for two more nights. If the waitlist doesn’t come through, then we will make our way to Disney’s Vero Beach Resort for two nights in a studio, and we’ll enjoy that property before we trek back home. We will spend a total of nine nights in Disney, with the possibility of two more if the waitlist comes through. Either way, two nights at Vero Beach also has us very excited, because it will definitely be another “first” for us, and I am looking forward to seeing this resort. I hesitated to spend another two nights in yet another resort hop there at the World. We could have stayed all five nights at the Boardwalk. But, we were so taken with SAB in December, we really want to take serious advantage of this pool area for a summer trip, and we decided even three nights there would be worth the gamble.

WHILE WE ARE THERE ...

We are scheduled for the basic Dining Plan. We have been on the basic for all but this last trip in February, opting instead to just use our TIW card and pay OOP. During our other trips we have been happy with the Basic, and then used our TIW card to get our use out of the discount for any extras. We have some great ADRs planned, some new, some tried and true!! And we have thrown in a few new experiences as well!

The planning for this summer trip began during our Christmas trip, this past December 2009. While on vacation I was already making my ADRs for June if you can believe it! That is what 180 days can do for you!!! And YES, it seemed so far away! Since then, I have made many adjustments and deleted many ADRs, and I am pleased to say that even making fixes and updates this late in the game I can still get what I want the day I want and the times I want!!!! I am amazed, but very glad. I will share all these plans with you in the weeks to come.

So in a nut shell, well, rather a clam shell, since this is a big post, that is the introduction to what I hope will be another memorable family visit to Disney. Just writing this has me busting at the seams with excitement!!!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you will come along for the ride!

I will definitely want your input on some of my plans, and that is one thing that makes the DIS so great. So get your thinking caps on!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Last edited by Happydog; 03-30-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #22
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
I'm in and ready for some fun!
Our trips overlap...we're at OKW from June 23rd-July 2nd!
I am sure there are a lot of us!!! I'll have to check your plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I'm here!!
YAY!! SO glad you are here! I am enjoying your mom and daughter report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear about your awesome summer plans!

Erika
Thank you for joining in! Glad you are coming along for the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Page one... and I requested this report to start-

Five trips in a year... sounds like a dream especially considering how you hit all the seasons and a bunch of holidays.
You did it, don't worry! It was a great year with almost every holiday and season... I still want to experience the flower and garden show and STAR WARS weekends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Hi there!!! I'm here and hopefully still on page 1??

Tracy
Hi there to you, too!!!! AND..... yes. You STILL are on page 1!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #23
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm in!!
WELCOME! Thanks for coming along again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
joining in. 5 trips wow that's awesome
Awesome. Crazy. Unimaginable. I feel really fortunate that I was able to have such a Disney-packed year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in!
Now to catch up on this and read your cruise tr.
Work keeps getting in the way of DISing. Thank goodness for Spring Break
Woo HOO!!! Yes, THANK GOODNESS for Spring Break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Jackie, do I need to put that magnet on my shopping list? I have a pin for you here, somewhere.....
See, I was thinking the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I'm here too!

I think I'll just miss you. Your school year must end before mine does.
YES! I am bummed that this is the case! School lets out on the 16th of June... Willl you be there when WigD is??

Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #24
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

BLT and BCV will be fantastic! The rooms at BLT are beautiful. We had the opportunity to see the BLT model rooms at the Doorway to Dreams store in Roosevelt Field Mall and they are beautiful. Are you DVC members?

SAB in June is going to be great. Your kids may not want to leave the pool.

A couple of questions: We're getting APs in August and have considered TiW. Is it worth getting on the dining plan? Can you use it for CS and TS meals?

Can't wait to read more about your plans!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #25
Happydog
DIS Veteran

PRE Pre Trip purchases...

I will share our itinerary and ADRs later this week, but for now, I wanted to share some shopping that I did BEFORE this trip was even in it's official "pre trip" phase!!!

Now unaware that I would be going to Disney on a whim in February, AND going on a Disney cruise that same month, I had started to make some plans for pre-trip shopping... I got some great feedback regarding a VB carry-on bag on my Christmas TR! So I had taken these photos, but with the chain of events I mentioned, I never got to post these pictures of my pre-trip shopping…

Back in January I grabbed a fabulous VB Weekender which I was planning to take on a first excursion in June … but of course I was fortunate to take it on TWO trips between! So here is it’s official unveiling, since I had already taken photos!!! Along with this I also purchased a new camera strap for my new camera... I love it! I have already added a few Disney pins!

I also had found and purchased two sets of T shirts for the boys, one set at the Disney Store (the clearance kind at $4.99 each!) and also these nice heather brown Mickey shirts at WDW in February… I also made another Vera purchase just recently, for a few makeup bags, to match my VB green cupcake mail bag, and my Yellow Bird Weekender. I have been unsuccessfully trying to nab a jewelry or cosmetic case for my weekender bag, so I just ordered the large makeup bag, which will help with toiletries, or jewelry. I also bought a simple black cosmetic case for my everyday case in whichever purse I tote daily. My LATEST trip purchase was a new pair of Fit Flops in black... alas, NOT the Mickey ones Believe me, I looked!!!!

I am in the process of determining what the “theme” or “approach” will be for this trip… I know I have to make a Tshirt or two, THAT is a must! BUT what I do otherwise I have not quite decided… we have made all of our trips “surprise” visits for our boys… Even this last February trip, it was a surprise for all of us! I am not sure if that is what we are going to do, or if we are going to make it a true count down to Disney kinda trip… Last summer we gave them a great surprise reveal that was a 10 day count down… but we didn’t do a count down calendar or paper chain, so this time I would like to do something!! I have made too many trips to Home Depot to NOT take advantage of my smuggled paint chips!!!

I DO want to take advantage of Disney nights on Friday or Saturday evenings at our house.... I love all the themed ideas I have seen posted on that thread, and I would like to give it a go for a few movies... We'll see what I come up with...

Old 03-31-2010, 04:24 AM   #26
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love the clamshell recap!!! Your boys are so cute -- can't wait to see their antics on the next trip!

The classic VB box shot -- a DIS tradition! The weekender intrigues me! One of these days, one of those might have to come to our house.

Can't wait to see what your plans and ADRs are! You always have such great ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
A pin? Yeay! As for the cruise magnet, thanks for the offer, but I need to take a cruise, to earn one for my fridge.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #28
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

I am here albeit a bit late!!!! We will be in the world at the same time! I would love to meet you and those adorable boys in person!! LOVE all the Vera purchases I LOVE your reports and I am so looking forward to this one!!!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #29
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Loved the unveiling of your VB stuff I have seen VB mentioned alot on the DIS but wasn't quite sure what they looked like as hadn't really seen a lot of it over here but I'm loving them. My DH thinks VB sounds like a soap opera star's name from over hear He wasn't quite sure why I was rambling on about a soap opera star

Your boys are adorable. Surprise trips sound really fun for the children, what a joy to see their faces light up. Look forward to reading about your ADRs and your plans

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:43 PM   #30
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Love the clamshell recap!!! Your boys are so cute -- can't wait to see their antics on the next trip!
THANKS CP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

The classic VB box shot -- a DIS tradition! The weekender intrigues me! One of these days, one of those might have to come to our house.

Can't wait to see what your plans and ADRs are! You always have such great ideas!
You know the box really is pretty!!! I agree!!!! such nice presentation from a mail order... I was really impressed with it as a carry-on just a small "weekend" bag! No wonder it is so aptly named! It has a nice handle as well as shoulder strap. Great bag! I now have two matching cosmetic/extras bags to go with it. the bag itself had many nice side pockets and outside pockets. I really like it! It was great at the AK and on the cruise...

I am pleased with my plans overall! I will start to post them tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here! Page 2 but here

Eh, just glad you are here to join in as always!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
I am here albeit a bit late!!!! We will be in the world at the same time! I would love to meet you and those adorable boys in person!! LOVE all the Vera purchases I LOVE your reports and I am so looking forward to this one!!!!!
So glad you are here, and you are hardly late!!! YES, lets try to arrange a DIS meet for sure, lets compare plans! Thanks on the Veras... YOU too! I saw your fun birthday gifts I am excited to write this report myself, so it should be fun!

Quote:
Loved the unveiling of your VB stuff I have seen VB mentioned alot on the DIS but wasn't quite sure what they looked like as hadn't really seen a lot of it over here but I'm loving them.
Hi! You know, at first they seemed kinda "English-y" (if that is a word )... a little like Laura Ashley? At least that is what they reminded me of ... I always admired them and never thought I could pull one off, I have to have everything coordinate/match, so trying to match a VB pattern with a week's wardrobe was too challenging and stressful!!! BUT, they have grown on me! I only have three... but I love them!

Quote:
My DH thinks VB sounds like a soap opera star's name from over hear He wasn't quite sure why I was rambling on about a soap opera star
THAT. IS. FUUHHHHHHHHHHkneeee.

Quote:
Your boys are adorable. Surprise trips sound really fun for the children, what a joy to see their faces light up. Look forward to reading about your ADRs and your plans
Thanks! We have had some fun "reveals" for the boys! It is fun to see the realization. I'd think they would be on to us by now, but each time they seem dumbfounded!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: