Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #76
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I'm in

We are dying to get into the BC. It was full for this trip

You got some amazing pics!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #77
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Smile Great Pictures!

Really enjoying your trip report, and love your pictures! I think it is so nice that you are traveling with your brother and sister. Looks like you had great weather too. We were there a few weeks earlier and it was cold. It was also our first trip to BC, and we loved it!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC, CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR,
Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL. The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #78
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I loved the pics of China! You definitely have an eye for photographing the unusual (the stairs, the statues)

I would love to go to WDW during this time of year - the topiaries are beautiful! A friend at work is going May 2-8th and it will be his little girls' first vist. I'm so excited for them!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 04-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #79
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm...those pictures of your dinner at Tutto Italia are making me so hungry. I could really go for a good pasta dish right now. The cavetelli dish you got sounds amazing.

Great update!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #80
goodeats
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip reports! I have traveled to the World with my sister and it's always a blast.

What brand are your sunglasses? Gucci? I've been looking for some squarish ones and I like yours.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #81
NessieBird
Boogedy...Boogedy....BOO!

Kevin’s verdict on the Beverly – almost as bad as Chino, basically a clear version of Chino. Chino is an Italian soda that we became obsessed with and collected many bottles of during a trip to Italy a few years ago. It is truly disgusting. Because of our obsession with Chino, Kevy said he was naturally drawn to the Italian soda in the Club Cool selections.

Chino? Like San Pellegrino Chinotto? OMG--It's my fav!
I'm always so happy when it's at a restaurant or store!
However, I do realize I'm probably in the minority... No matter: more Chinotto for me!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #82
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessieBird View Post
Kevin’s verdict on the Beverly – almost as bad as Chino, basically a clear version of Chino. Chino is an Italian soda that we became obsessed with and collected many bottles of during a trip to Italy a few years ago. It is truly disgusting. Because of our obsession with Chino, Kevy said he was naturally drawn to the Italian soda in the Club Cool selections.

However, I do realize I'm probably in the minority... No matter: more Chinotto for me!
I agree with anything and everything that NessieBird says.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #83
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Oh I just LOVE World Showcase! Great pictures! I just said to DH that on our next trip, we have to take pictures of the obvious things that we always see but never think to take pics of...like the FJORDING! How funny! I've been in that store a hundred times and never even looked at the name!

I know George! Do you listen to Lou Mongello's podcast? He had an interview with George a few years ago, so I purposely looked for him on our following trip. He brought us into the theatre for the last show of the night and he was pointing out all the flags and stuff on the way up the stairs, which I've never had a CM do before. Just a great CM!
I know, the Fjording is such a great name! And a great shop!

I don't listen to Lou Mongello's podcast - what a delight that he interviewed George! I may have to see if I can dig through the archives to listen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
I love cheese!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellasgirl View Post
Love all the pictures
I have heard mixed reviews about the Kim Possible missions--most say it gets boring after a while
SS about the dinner at Tutto's
Big prices with small portions but like you say a good value if you are on the dinning plan
Exactly - Tutto is a perfect option if you're on the dining plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Wonderful update! I just love the pics of all the topiaries! Now I've just added another time of year that I would like to try and visit!
Thanks! Early March was great - the Flower and Garden Festival was lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great update, loving all the pictures of WS, such a wonderful place, wish we were there now

Yummy looking cupcakes, would love to stay CL one day
Thanks - wish I were back now too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
You are making this incredibly difficult!! (In a good way) David and I are booked at the Poly right now for our August trip but are teetering between Beach Club and Boardwalk also!
Sorry to contribute to making the decision more difficult! If you guys like spending a lot of time in Epcot and the World Showcase specifically, the BC and Boardwalk would really be great options. And if you like hanging out at the pool, Stormalong Bay can't be beat (although sitting at the Poly volcano pool and seeing the Cinderella's castle in the distance is pretty awesome).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I'm in

We are dying to get into the BC. It was full for this trip

You got some amazing pics!!!
Thanks! Hopefully you'll get to try the BC on an upcoming trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teentoddlermom View Post
Really enjoying your trip report, and love your pictures! I think it is so nice that you are traveling with your brother and sister. Looks like you had great weather too. We were there a few weeks earlier and it was cold. It was also our first trip to BC, and we loved it!
Thanks! Glad you loved the BC too! The weather was amazing at the beginning of the trip, but it got pretty wet toward the end of the week, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I loved the pics of China! You definitely have an eye for photographing the unusual (the stairs, the statues)

I would love to go to WDW during this time of year - the topiaries are beautiful! A friend at work is going May 2-8th and it will be his little girls' first vist. I'm so excited for them!
Thanks! You can tell I wasn't too invested in the Kim Possible mission by the number of pictures I took in China! I think the beginning of May will be a great time to be in DW - the topiaries will still be out, should be warm but not too hot, and should be before the summer crowds arrive - hopefully they'll have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Mmmmm...those pictures of your dinner at Tutto Italia are making me so hungry. I could really go for a good pasta dish right now. The cavetelli dish you got sounds amazing.

Great update!
Thanks! My pasta was so good - I'd love to have it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodeats View Post
Loving your trip reports! I have traveled to the World with my sister and it's always a blast.

What brand are your sunglasses? Gucci? I've been looking for some squarish ones and I like yours.
Thanks! My sunglasses are Calvin Klein - I got them about a year ago, but at Century 21, so they may have originated a few seasons before then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessieBird View Post

The soda in Italy was actually called Chino - it looks like Coke, but tastes like Nyquil mixed with gasoline. I don't think it was short for Chinotto, but maybe? But if that is indeed the soda you like, you will probably love the Beverly in Club Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I agree with anything and everything that NessieBird says.
Good - sounds reasonable to me!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #84
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

I've been to Disney maybe 25 times and I always try to look for new things every time I go- A few years ago, I began to notice that I was missing things- because I've been there so many times that I didn't notice things- "been there done that" was kind of my motto-
I didn't realize how much things had changed at Disney because I wasn't looking at things- I was just worried about getting on the next ride-
January I watched in awe at the fountains in Epcot set to music- I've been missing this by saying "yea, its only the fountains with music" and I would walk right past them
Old 04-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #85
joleen76
Forever Mickey's Girl

Location: Corpus Christi, Texas (aka retirment training for Disney)

I have stayed at both BC and YC. We love them. I do like the YC for a more adult trip better. DH & I stay at the YC for our honeymoon and were upgraded to a Lagoon view on the CL. It was awesome! Probably our most magical trip to date. Could have been it was our honeymoon too!

6th grd DL; 7/95 Swan; 5/03 ASMo; 5/04 POP; 5/05 POP; 5/06 POR; 5/07 POFQ; 11/07 BC T-day/MVMCP ;6/08 YC & CR DISNEYMOON ; 11/08 AS Sp. T-day/MVMCP 6/10 Ft. Wild Cab; 6/11 POP; 8/12 ASMo; 6/14 CBR Grad Trip
Mom Dad DS 18 DS 14 DS 12 DS 10
Old 04-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #86
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
I've been to Disney maybe 25 times and I always try to look for new things every time I go- A few years ago, I began to notice that I was missing things- because I've been there so many times that I didn't notice things- "been there done that" was kind of my motto-
I didn't realize how much things had changed at Disney because I wasn't looking at things- I was just worried about getting on the next ride-
January I watched in awe at the fountains in Epcot set to music- I've been missing this by saying "yea, its only the fountains with music" and I would walk right past them
I love slowing down and getting to notice things we've passed hundreds of times - watching the fountain at Epcot sounds great! We did it a lot this trip, and I'm hoping to keep it up for future trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joleen76 View Post
I have stayed at both BC and YC. We love them. I do like the YC for a more adult trip better. DH & I stay at the YC for our honeymoon and were upgraded to a Lagoon view on the CL. It was awesome! Probably our most magical trip to date. Could have been it was our honeymoon too!
Sounds like an excellent upgrade!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #87
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Day 2 – March 8, 2010

This morning I awoke way, way too early because it was 180 days before our September 2010 trip was to begin, and we all know what that means – ADRs! I brought my little mini laptop with me, and plugged in the Ethernet cord (found in a little bag hanging in the closet of our room), and for $10 charged to our room, we were good to go for 24 hours from the time of plug-in. I had woken up at about 6:20 am and was done a bit before 7. I got really insane ADRs since I had only really wanted to get ‘Ohana and Le Cellier to ensure we’d be able to eat there at some point, and had no idea what else I wanted to get. I’ve since canceled the crazy ADRs I got, and we now have some that we think we’ll actually want to keep in September (but we shall see)!

Anyway, once I was done with my early morning business (which I completed in the pitch-black room, aside from the glow of my laptop), I started to get ready and then woke up Kevin and Laura, who cried and cried. But only for a bit. Laura spent quite a while enjoying pictures of Zac Efron at the Oscars from the night before – she was loving that we’d had to buy the internet for a day, particularly this day. She says she has no idea how we made it out the door anywhere near on time this morning, since she was just looking at Efron pics for hours.

We went to the CL lounge sometime around 8:15 am, and were pleased to see that oatmeal (with optional toppings raisins, brown sugar, dried cranberries, and almonds) and fresh fruit were available. The food area wasn’t very crowded at this time, but there were no empty tables – what to do? I pondered as I collected my food, and once I was finished, I found Kevy seated at the baby counter, reading the Wall Street Journal (available for free in the CL lounge). I laughed and laughed at this sight and he said, “what? I found us these seats.” And so I sat and we all ate. Kevy’s legs did not quite fit, but overall we found the seating to be pretty grand.

Laura and I dined on oatmeal and fruit, and Kevy had a few random things, including mini bagels, which he said were quite good.

We finished our breakfasts and headed down to the boat dock a bit later than we had planned to, but that’s always the case with us. We saw a boat headed toward MGM pulling away just as we were getting to the dock, so we walked quickly/ ran over to the Swan/ Dolphin to try to catch it. When we could choose to go over the hill bridge or go on a flat path, we chose the flat path. Turned out, we chose wrong – the flat path that looked like it went straight to the boat dock zig-zagged in and out many times, so it was much longer than we had anticipated – and we missed the boat. We had to wait about 15 minutes before the next MGM-bound Friendship arrived at the Fish.

We ended up getting to MGM at about 9:05, so not too bad.

We immediately headed back to Toy Story Mania and grabbed FPs before hopping in the standby queue. The wait for us to get on was about 15 minutes. The first ride on TSM is always a bit rough, but I rode with Kevy, the former video game fiend, and actually beat him! Starting out to be a good morning for me!

After TSM, we went to the Tower/ Rockin Rollercoaster area, and rode the Rollercoaster with no wait. Unfortunately, the Tower had an outrageously long wait, so we had to refuse to ride standby. We waited around that area for a few more minutes to allow us to get FPs again, and then grabbed FPs for the Tower.

Last edited by UncleOrville; 06-13-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #88
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Up next was an animation class. We went in through the art shop, where a CM who saw us explained that there was now a line in the main animation queue area that would allow us to skip the film to get into the animation building (when I explained that we were trying to get to the animation class). We were afraid he’d make us exit and go out to the queue, but he said we could just keep that in mind for the future. Nice! An animation class was letting in just a few minutes after we’d arrived, and we were happy to go in and draw Donald. We drew a beak-closed Donald, which is a bit strange, but all of our drawings turned out pretty nice. I love the animation class, and would definitely recommend it!

Next we stood in a pretty long queue to meet the Up characters. Kevin refused to get into the pic with us (even though we explained that his name buddy, Kevin the girl bird, would be in the pic ), which we hated! But, it all worked out since for some reason the Photopass photographer and the character minder paid us no attention – at least we had Kevy to take a pic for us! Notice that I am holding Dug’s hand. Weird.

After our Up meet and greet, we used our Fast Passes to ride TSM.

Then we walked through the streets of America (for some unexplained reason) and back to the Tower to ride with our FPs.

As we were making our way out of the park after our Tower ride, Laura tried to find her cell phone, and found that it had gone missing! We deduced that it had probably fallen out of the top section of her bag during a turn on TSM, and went into guest services at the front of the park to ask about a lost and found. We were told that even if the phone was lost on TSM and turned in to CMs there that the CMs would not be allowed to give it to us – it was procedure to turn it in to guest services. So we did not bother trying to locate the phone at TSM. We were also told that all lost items are brought at the end of the day to a central lost and found located near the TTC, and that if Laura’s cell phone were found and turned in, we’d be able to pick it up there the next day. This sounded complicated, so we asked if we’d be allowed to get it at the MGM lost and found if it were returned before the end of the day. The very nice CM there told us to check back before we were leaving, but we explained that we’d be leaving the park then and asked if we could call there later that evening to check for the phone. She gave us the phone number for guest services at MGM, and we were on our way, hoping that we’d be able to return there later to retrieve the phone.

After exiting the park, we waited a few minutes for a Friendship to pick us up, but it was a nice wait – it was warm, there was a nice breeze, and few ducks swimming around to look at, and some art critiquing to accomplish.

Last edited by UncleOrville; 06-13-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #89
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

We stopped quickly in the CL lounge to grab some drinks and snacks, dropped our artwork off in our room and freshened up for a few minutes, and then were out the door again to head to Epcot for lunch at Le Cellier. The only time I could get us into Le Cellier for this trip was for a late 2:30 pm lunch this day, and it turned out to be a perfect time to eat for us. Breakfast in the CL lounge, a cookie from the lounge that I had taken with me to MGM, snacks in the lounge, late lunch at Le Cellier, evening appetizers in the lounge and dessert in the lounge made up our meals this day. I thought we might have needed to get a CS dinner later that night, but the CL food ended up being perfect for us after a big lunch.

Now back to our big lunch (second lunch) – we had some time to kill until our ADR time after arriving in Epcot, so we wandered around the shops in England and the Canadian pavilion for a bit.

We were seated soon after checking in at Le Cellier. We had a great server who was very helpful with general suggestions for us and with Laura’s food allergies. The chef who came to talk to Laura was wonderful – very knowledgeable about her allergies and vegan options, and very nice. Since Laura really can’t eat anything on the menu, the chef asked her what kind of dish she’d like. She asked for any sort of pasta he had with the vegetables available in various places on the menu – mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes. He made her a really delicious pasta that she loved.

I ordered a cheddar cheese soup and the mushroom filet. I had never tried the cheddar cheese soup, but had heard great things about it, and figured now that I was not on the dining plan would be the time to try it. It was quite good, but very, very salty and had more bacon in it than I was anticipating. The pretzel bread dipped into it was great. Because it was so rich and salty, I was finished after eating about half of the soup, and passed the rest along to Kevy. He liked it a lot too, but said he was glad we’d only ordered one as he wouldn’t have been able to eat more than half.

My mushroom filet was divine, as usual.

Kevin had seen someone walking out of Le Cellier with what looked like a large sandwich wrapped in tinfoil when we were waiting to go in. Laura and I insisted that it was probably several breadsticks wrapped up, but regardless, Kevy’s heart was set on a sandwich. Though I tried to convince him to order the mushroom filet, he insisted upon a steak sandwich. He said his sandwich and the fries were very good, but a bite of my filet convinced him that we needed to return to Le Cellier later in the week.

When our server asked how we’d enjoyed our meals, we told her we were hoping to get back in later in the week. She told us that they’d had some openings early in the dinner seating that week, and suggested we check in at the podium at about 4 pm on the day we wanted to eat there.

Stuffed and happy, we made our way out of Canada.

Last edited by UncleOrville; 06-13-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #90
VBsHustla
DIS Veteran

How unfair that you were given the honor of holding my hero Dug's hand!
Next time I see you, I'm giving you a high five. 'Cause hugs are overrated, just FYI.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: