Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #151
VBsHustla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Going through my old albums and look who I found a picture of!

(I hope it was your TR that I read that you like this CM! Otherwise, please ignore!)

Thank you for that glorious photo of the best CM ever!
Next time I see you, I'm giving you a high five. 'Cause hugs are overrated, just FYI.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #152
VBsHustla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessieBird View Post
So glad you're back...I'd been eagerly awaiting an update.
AND! Super glad you enjoyed the twitpic from us declaring our fondness for VBsHustla. Sure, it might not have been a flattering shot, but it's the thought that counts
That photo could not have been more sublime. Everyone looked grand!
Next time I see you, I'm giving you a high five. 'Cause hugs are overrated, just FYI.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #153
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great update, loving all the pics
Thanks!

Quote:
Going through my old albums and look who I found a picture of!

(I hope it was your TR that I read that you like this CM! Otherwise, please ignore!)

Omg, love it! I LOVE that you took that pic! Oh that costume - so representative of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessieBird View Post
So glad you're back...I'd been eagerly awaiting an update.
AND! Super glad you enjoyed the twitpic from us declaring our fondness for VBsHustla. Sure, it might not have been a flattering shot, but it's the thought that counts
Thank you! And thank you for honoring VBsHustla at your dance party - looked amazing!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #154
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Day 4 – March 10, 2010 continued

When we last left you, we had returned from the MK to the Beach Club and were wondering what to do for dinner later that night.

We stopped back into our room and changed into bathing suits, then made our way downstairs. We checked menus at the Yachtsman, the Captain’s Grill, and the bar next to the Yachtsman (which actually serves a lot of the dishes the Yachtsman does and does not take ADRs). There were things on all of these menus that we would eat, so we decided that we’d try to walk up to get into any of these spots for dinner if we couldn’t get into Le Cellier.

Happy that we found a few options for dinner, we headed out to Stormalong Bay. We had to show our KTTW cards to CMs who were posted at an entrance to the pool to be allowed in. We walked all over the place to find at least one chair in a good spot, and ended up back where we’d entered, which was a bit far from the water and in the shade. Laura hung out and read while Kevin and I swam. We loved the lazy river pool and swam and swam to try to find the sinking sand, which we’d adored as children. We found a buoy that cautioned that there was sinking sand below, but the sand did not sink – maybe the suction was not turned on that afternoon. I love that the bottom of the pool is covered with sand – just feels so cool! It’s really a fantastic pool area. We spent a while in the pools, but eventually conceded that it was time to go in to shower and change so we could get over to Epcot for the evening.

After sprucing ourselves up, we headed out to Epcot and asked at the podium in front of the path that goes down to Le Cellier if there were any openings for dinner that night. The CM told us “just right now” and we said “perfect!” It was about 4:45 at this point – relatively early, but not absurdly so, and we were just thrilled to get in at all!

We had a server who was completely in awe that Laura did not eat meat or cheese, and could not believe that she actually preferred to eat vegetables! She was nice, chatty, and helpful, which we’ve always found our Le Cellier servers to be – they must get great training there. The chef this night was different from the one we’d had on our first visit earlier in the week. He feigned fright and bewilderment when Laura described her veganness and her allergies, but said he could do something fun for her. He asked if she liked a few different ingredients – most she answered yes, a couple she answered that she was not sure. We weren’t sure what would come back, but it ended up being a delicious pasta dish with a lot of different vegetables and an Asian-tasting light sauce. Kevy and I both tasted some because it looked so good, and we agreed it was really delicious. Our apparently meat-only-eating waitress remarked that she was impressed that Laura could eat such a thing! We assured her that even to us meat-eaters, it tasted grand. Kevin and I both got the mushroom filet mignon, and both loved it. For some reason, I have no pictures of this meal. Sorry!

Last edited by UncleOrville; 06-13-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:08 PM   #155
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

After another wonderful Le Cellier meal, we walked over to Future World and the Land, where we decided to wait in the standby line for Soarin. It had a posted wait time of 40 minutes, which we thought was as low as we’d ever find it not first thing in the morning (and we didn’t know if we’d be in Epcot on a morning), so we hopped in. Even though it was a long wait – probably closer to 50 minutes or an hour of you count waiting in concourse area and watching the prep video – it was quite enjoyable with the video games on the walls. We played some excellent games.

After Soarin, we rode Living with the Land, another fantastic attraction. There were no Mickey pumpkins, but there were lots of other interesting plants and veggies.

Then we made our way across Future World to Test Track, where we decided to take advantage of the single rider walk-on situation. Test Track isn’t very exciting to me (let’s be honest, I drive way faster than 65 mph on a regular basis), but I think it’s more fun at night.

We then ventured into the World Showcase and stopped into the Mexican pavilion to take a look at the tequila bar. We didn’t get anything, but it looked super nice. I think it’ll be the perfect place to stop in on a hot afternoon on our September trip. When we exited, we did get Kevy a Fiesta Margarita outside. Obviously I had to sample it, and it was grand – they’ve gotten rid of the crazy sour apple flavor, but I still call for a reinstatement of the kiwi.

Kevin and Laura checked out some small trees being sold in conjunction with the Flower and Garden Festival. We were not sure how we’d transport them home and also they were outrageously expensive, so we did not purchase any.

We did however purchase some treats in the German bakery – well, Kevy did. And I took some pics of the delicious-looking offerings.

We then wandered the rest of the way through the Showcase and exited at the International Gateway.

I’d been itching to get over to Beaches and Cream since we’d arrived, so we headed there and I got a huge waffle cone filled with delectable chocolate chip mint ice cream (claimed to be “one scoop,” but of course that means like 5 in a huge cone). We sat out at an ice cream cone table and enjoyed the lovely weather while I enjoyed my ice cream.

On our way back to the room, we stopped in the CL lounge for some water (no additional dessert for me – crazy, I know!), and then it was back to our room, getting ready for bed, watching weird random TV, watching the Office on DVD, and to bed!

Last edited by UncleOrville; 06-13-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #156
VBsHustla
DIS Veteran

Kevy and I look so beautiful in those matching tees!

Old 05-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #157
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

I'm so impressed you got a walk-up at Le Cellier.. what a magical moment!

Still really enjoying your TR updates

Emma x
Old 05-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #158
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I swear I posted last night. Weird.

Anyway, love all the Epcot pictures, of course! I came across an awesome picture of someone who I met in MGM back in...oh, '94 or '95. As soon as I get it uploaded, I will post it for you. You will love it!

Have you been watching America: The Story of Us on History Channel? Seems up your alley! There's been one episode so far and it was great!

Looking forward to more!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #159
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Great Update! I love all of the pictures from Epcot. They're making me wish I was there right now. Although, when do I not wish I was at Epcot?

And I love how one scoop is always the equivalent of half a bucket of ice cream. I went to a local gourmet ice cream shop a couple weeks ago, and was shocked (and pleasantly surprised) that one scoop actually meant one scoop. It was glorious. I felt like all was right in the world.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #160
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

My DBF walked up to the Le Cellier podium this past trip to see if they had any openings. They had it when we asked at that moment, but we weren't hungry since we JUST finished lunch at the Electric Umbrella! I so would've rather had the mushroom filet than chicken nuggets. I couldn't justify the cost of eating at Le Cellier if I wasn't going to enjoy it on an already full stomach. Oh well, guess it's going to be saved for a future trip!

I agree that Test Track is so much more fun at night! Normally we don't ride it that late; we do single rider over and over again in the afternoon or so. But we wanted to ride together so we got FP for it. I don't know if it was just because of the dark, but I felt that it was going faster!

Lastly, when we experienced American Adventure this time for the FIRST time, I kept looking at the guy and wondering if that was "YOUR guy"! He was extremely excited to be sharing his knowledge.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 05-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #161
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Great update, loving all the pictures

Awesome that you got a walk up ressie for Le Cellier

We have yet to ride TT in the dark, but are looking forward to it, love the evening pic of the entrance, looks all cool lit up
Old 05-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #162
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Great update! I'm so impressed about your walk up at LeCellier. Great score!!!

I also love Living with the Land. My mom and I both do. It's a must do for us.

Great photos!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 05-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #163
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBsHustla View Post
Kevy and I look so beautiful in those matching tees!
You do! Next time I'll wear mine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
I'm so impressed you got a walk-up at Le Cellier.. what a magical moment!

Still really enjoying your TR updates

Emma x
Thanks! And yes, we were totally impressed by the Le Cellier walk-up too!

Quote:
I swear I posted last night. Weird.

Anyway, love all the Epcot pictures, of course! I came across an awesome picture of someone who I met in MGM back in...oh, '94 or '95. As soon as I get it uploaded, I will post it for you. You will love it!

Have you been watching America: The Story of Us on History Channel? Seems up your alley! There's been one episode so far and it was great!

Looking forward to more!
Can't wait to see what your MGM pic is! And I will have to check out that History Channel series - haven't heard of it, but I'm sure we'd love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Great Update! I love all of the pictures from Epcot. They're making me wish I was there right now. Although, when do I not wish I was at Epcot?

And I love how one scoop is always the equivalent of half a bucket of ice cream. I went to a local gourmet ice cream shop a couple weeks ago, and was shocked (and pleasantly surprised) that one scoop actually meant one scoop. It was glorious. I felt like all was right in the world.
I wish I were at Epcot too right now! And wow, sounds like you found the one place in the world where one scoop of ice cream is actually one scoop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
My DBF walked up to the Le Cellier podium this past trip to see if they had any openings. They had it when we asked at that moment, but we weren't hungry since we JUST finished lunch at the Electric Umbrella! I so would've rather had the mushroom filet than chicken nuggets. I couldn't justify the cost of eating at Le Cellier if I wasn't going to enjoy it on an already full stomach. Oh well, guess it's going to be saved for a future trip!

I agree that Test Track is so much more fun at night! Normally we don't ride it that late; we do single rider over and over again in the afternoon or so. But we wanted to ride together so we got FP for it. I don't know if it was just because of the dark, but I felt that it was going faster!

Lastly, when we experienced American Adventure this time for the FIRST time, I kept looking at the guy and wondering if that was "YOUR guy"! He was extremely excited to be sharing his knowledge.

That's great that you also could have gotten a Le Cellier walk-up! But it certainly makes sense not to have eaten right after you finished lunch.

And YES, that is "George"! Love that guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great update, loving all the pictures

Awesome that you got a walk up ressie for Le Cellier

We have yet to ride TT in the dark, but are looking forward to it, love the evening pic of the entrance, looks all cool lit up
Thanks! And I agree, I also love that pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Great update! I'm so impressed about your walk up at LeCellier. Great score!!!

I also love Living with the Land. My mom and I both do. It's a must do for us.

Great photos!
We were so happy (and surprised) to get into Le Cellier! We love Living with the Land too, but I do miss that great tune.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #164
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in For my upcoming trip i am hoping to get into the CL at the BC, so reading this TR is making me want to stay on the CL so much more!
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

Old 05-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #165
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in For my upcoming trip i am hoping to get into the CL at the BC, so reading this TR is making me want to stay on the CL so much more!
Thanks for reading! As you can tell, we LOVED BC CL! Ask away if you have any questions!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: